TVC-Ohio Predictions

Who's going to win the TVC-Ohio?

Total votes: 0

Downtown
Freshman Team

Re: TVC-Ohio Predictions

Post by Downtown »

all jokes aside, Wellston has a killer schedule...

bulldog0909
Freshman Team

Post by bulldog0909 »

great scrimage between athens and trimble today, id expect some great things from these 2 teams..

A-towndogs117
Waterboy

Post by A-towndogs117 »

how'd the scrimmage go?? Any defense whatsoever this year from Athens? Who stood out from both teams..?

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I look for Athens to be very successful in the TVC-Ohio from the start.
Good Luck and Good Health to the Bulldogs.

@nd_1
Freshman Team

Post by @nd_1 »

Hey boilermaker, can you post the Wellston scrimmage results and your intake on them after it ends tonight? Thanks.

bulldog0909
Freshman Team

Post by bulldog0909 »

there were no scores from either team until they went down and distance after 2-3 series of 10 plays each, defense was good on both sides,final score was 21-7 i believe,very close scrimage until the end

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Well after watching athens srcrimmage i believe they will finish in the top half of the tvc ohio. maybe even make a run for the top

bulldog0909
Freshman Team

Post by bulldog0909 »

they have the tools,experienced TB,(when tope gets back to full health)and QB, big tight end,good hard running fulllback,and a much better line, i think it will just be about the attitude they bring every friday night especially with their defense,but a much improved team from last year at this point

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

@nd_1, The score was 30-14 Wellston in the varsity scrimmage, 12-0 Chesapeake JVs.
Wellston started out slow but got better as the game went to down and distance.Wellston must improve on defense it was not good at times . The pass defense was good ,but gave up too much yardage on the ground.The backs for Wellston ran hard , Lockard ,Seymour and Prater all had good gains .Lockard had a nice touchdown run of 45 yards,then Prater had a nice 49 yard touchdown run.Wellston can throw the ball had some real nice pass plays.I would say the offense will be fine ,the defense needs work ,with our schedule it needs to improve alot.

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

Were you watching the same scrimmage I was.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Yes peake I was ,, Wellston's varsity scored 4 times Chesapeake 2 times during down and distance. During the 10 play series both teams moved the ball well but didnt score. I was ask by @nd_1 to explain how the Rockets did . I think I did in the above post.
I didnt say anything bad about Chesapeake in fact I will say the two teams looked pretty equal despite the score. I think Chesapeake has a good O-line and should win some games this season.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Trimble beat Athens 12 to 6

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Any info on the rest of the league teams in their scrimmages?
N-Y
VC
Alexander
Belpre
Meigs
:idea:

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

NY scrimmaged a good New Lex team and after giving up two big TD passes seemed to settle down on D. Other than the two passes for TD in the 10 play segment, offense was lacking on both sides during down and distance play. I don't know if it was rusty offense or two very good defenses. After the early portion of the scrimmage it appeared to be fairly even. The surprising thing to me was that New Lex looks to have scrapped the power running game for a spread option attack, and switched from a 4-4 defense to the 3-3-5. I don't know if these are just packages that New Lex chose to work on or if they are totally switching their offense and defense. Should be an exciting team to watch in the MVL this year.

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Trimble Beat Athens 3 touchdowns to 1 Touchdown. The JV's ended up 0-0.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Id say this league is wide open. Should be very competitive,although you have to say N-Y & Belpre have the upperhand in this title bout.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

Belpre scrimmaged Philo and i heard Philo handled them pretty easily....anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Prodigy wrote:Belpre scrimmaged Philo and i heard Philo handled them pretty easily....anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Actually it was quite a good scrimmage. Belpre more than held their own.

interception
Waterboy

Post by interception »

I have to look at the size of enrollment of Athens versus the other surrounding schools and have to shake my head. What's the problem there? Are they all afraid of getting their hands dirty? It's almost laughable that they had to come into the TVC. With their numbers they should DOMINATE in EVERY sport. This is going to be fun.

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

Athens will have more students than everybody else but when you look at the trends in real estate I don't see AHS ever increasing their enrollment to the point where it was in the late 80's. As far as numbers they are pretty similar to Vinton County which has been a long standing member of the TVC. The two smallest schools in the division are Belpre, and NY. Considering past history in the TVC larger schools have not dominated, and don't think they will anytime soon.

Return to “Football”