Playoffs D5R17 #4 Ridgewood vs. #1 Wheelersburg

Neutron Man
All State

Re: Playoffs D5R17 #4 Ridgewood vs. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Neutron Man »

silverhammer50 wrote:
wobycat wrote:
silverhammer50 wrote: y'all shoulda started a Wheelersburg vs Coldwater topic instead
why waste time with puny ol ridgewood

Wood 17-14
Burg fans are knowledgeable and honest about what they see out of their teams. This teams defense has not given up more than one td to all the first teams offenses they've faced. I doubt ridge wood puts that many up unless they get them off turnovers.
I understand the honesty, passion and knowledge Burg fans have about their team and rightfully so. Yet the Wood supporters do as well. Wood has been to the Burg twice in past 8 seasons, lost both contests by a score. Wood has played 2 state championship burg baseball teams in the regionals twice in past 5 years, both won by the burg yet both competitive. Wood is aware of the tradition of winning in the Burg.

Post as you wish, gloat all you want, look ahead to the next round, continue on your pompous mission of the Burg is better than everyone else bull$hit. To be honest, Wood doesn't give a F@#*, they are coming to play the game. Win or lose they will play hard, they wont quit.
Sidenote, Wood has Regional title in past 6 seasons( 09), Burg does not.

Tell everyone about vast number of playoff appearances and the state championship..........Oh Wait Nevermind That Too Is Burg!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Dude no one is picking on the wood, but everyone knows how good of a team burg is
It may be an upset tomorrow, but that is unlikely

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

silverhammer50 wrote:
wobycat wrote:
silverhammer50 wrote: y'all shoulda started a Wheelersburg vs Coldwater topic instead

Wood 17-14
Burg fans are knowledgeable and honest about what they see out of their teams. This teams defense has not given up more than one td to all the first teams offenses they've faced. I doubt ridge wood puts that many up unless they get them off turnovers.
I understand the honesty, passion and knowledge Burg fans have about their team and rightfully so. Yet the Wood supporters do as well. Wood has been to the Burg twice in past 8 seasons, lost both contests by a score. Wood has played 2 state championship burg baseball teams in the regionals twice in past 5 years, both won by the burg yet both competitive. Wood is aware of the tradition of winning in the Burg.

Post as you wish, gloat all you want, look ahead to the next round, continue on your pompous mission of the Burg is better than everyone else bull$hit. To be honest, Wood doesn't give a F@#*, they are coming to play the game. Win or lose they will play hard, they wont quit.
I see a trend here. :lol:

Also Burg will come to play as well. And they will show you exactly how it's done. Ridgewood does not have enough fire power to score more than 10 points. Burg on the other hand. Is capable of putting points on the board from anywhere on the field.

And to be honest I think Alex is going to beat ZT.

silverhammer50
Waterboy

Post by silverhammer50 »

wobycat wrote:Make sure you come back on here after the game.
Will do either way, Will wish Burg luck rest of the way if they win, I didn't predict anything, didn't bash the burg, stated facts. Wood played Ursuline in 09 in state semis, have been beaten by superior teams in past. Nothing to be ashamed of. Simply stated Wood will come to play, whether or not that's enough to win, time will tell. Stated that Burg has great tradition in several sports, respect the program. Just tired of the disrespect from several posters.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

silverhammer50 wrote:
Will do either way, Will wish Burg luck rest of the way if they win, I didn't predict anything, didn't bash the burg, stated facts. Wood played Ursuline in 09 in state semis, have been beaten by superior teams in past. Nothing to be ashamed of. Simply stated Wood will come to play, whether or not that's enough to win, time will tell. Stated that Burg has great tradition in several sports, respect the program. Just tired of the disrespect from several posters.
silverhammer50 wrote:
breadandbutter7 wrote:I PROMISE you this will not be a game. Lol. See you next week trace.
y'all shoulda started a Wheelersburg vs Coldwater topic instead

Wood 17-14
Sounds like a prediction to me!

silverhammer50
Waterboy

Post by silverhammer50 »

Neutron Man wrote:
silverhammer50 wrote:
silverhammer50 wrote:
breadandbutter7 wrote:I PROMISE you this will not be a game. Lol. See you next week trace.
y'all shoulda started a Wheelersburg vs Coldwater topic instead

Wood 17-14
Sounds like a prediction to me!
That it was, but wasn't me lol I share this account with fellow wood fan

Tribal Force
Riding the Bench

Post by Tribal Force »

You cant take everything these Burg fans say to heart. They like to talk smack, but it is all in good spirits. You just have to get to know them. They have it out with us (Lucasville Valley) every year and we all have fun with it. But most of the time they back it up. If they don't, you will see them on here saying they was wrong. Just don't take it to heart and talk smack back.
Now about the game: I have not seen Ridgewood play a game this year so I cant really say how good or bad I think they are. But, this Burg team is VERY good. Their Defense is probably one of the best I have seen in high school. The Wood might hold Burgs offense down for a short time but Ridgewood will not score 17 in this game. JMHO

Burg'10
Waterboy

Post by Burg'10 »

silverhammer50 wrote:
wobycat wrote:

Wood 17-14

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

Enough of the foolish talk about any game but Ridgewood, They are 10-1 they will kick our butt if we look ahead. Hell Zane Trace is 11-0 with there best team in school history. So lets not get a head of ourselves. One game at a time. FBT!

burgbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbacker »

It seems that many of my fellow Pirates have forgotten how to be confident without being cocky. I think the Pirates are a great team and if they play their best football they should win tomorrow; but I think it's at best arrogant and at worst disrespectful to be talking about a Coldwater match up this week. Anyone who think Ridgewood won't give it their all to punch us in the mouth is crazy. It's even harder for me to understand considering the history we have with them in the playoffs. They have always been solid fundamentally and played hard. I don't doubt tomorrow will be an exception. I'm also sure plenty of teams have looked across the field at Wheelersburg in the playoffs and thought the outcome had already been decided only to end up on a long and disappointing bus ride home thinking about basketball season. Hamilton Badin and Warren JFK come to mind immediately...

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

burgbacker wrote:It seems that many of my fellow Pirates have forgotten how to be confident without being cocky. I think the Pirates are a great team and if they play their best football they should win tomorrow; but I think it's at best arrogant and at worst disrespectful to be talking about a Coldwater match up this week. Anyone who think Ridgewood won't give it their all to punch us in the mouth is crazy. It's even harder for me to understand considering the history we have with them in the playoffs. They have always been solid fundamentally and played hard. I don't doubt tomorrow will be an exception. I'm also sure plenty of teams have looked across the field at Wheelersburg in the playoffs and thought the outcome had already been decided only to end up on a long and disappointing bus ride home thinking about basketball season. Hamilton Badin and Warren JFK come to mind immediately...
Yeah what he said

SodaCounty7
Waterboy

Post by SodaCounty7 »

I hope the Pirates win this one for the SOC! Ridgewood will be a worthy opponent and will bring it. If the Pirates would lose could you imagine the All You Can Eat Buffet of Crow we'd have to eat? :D

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

wobycat wrote:

Tell everyone about vast number of playoff appearances and the state championship..........Oh Wait Nevermind That Too Is Burg!

True the Wood does not have any state championships, but does have 11 playoff appearances all coming since 2002. There record in the playoff is not stellar by any means but they have competed very well in all but maybe one or two of those games. They have a great tradition also, but maybe not quite as arrogant about it as some on here are about the Burg's. I think you will see the few Wood posters on here congratulating the Burg on Saturday morning if they win and move on. As silverhammer said, there is no shame in getting beat by a superior opponent.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This went from 0 to 100 in 4 posts. We have people saying they don't make predictions, who obviously did just 2 posts previously. We have people trying to talk about Burg's tradition and how they respect it and 2 seconds later get offended by a Burg posters who brings up said tradition. We've also got schmittie (gotta be CG's cousin) saying he is pulling for the SEO team and brings up a coldh2o drumming the SEO team will take. Then we have Wood fans getting upset or insulted that we start talking about Coldh2o. What in the world happened?
Answer: Schmitt happened. :lol:

Burg'10
Waterboy

Post by Burg'10 »

What exactly does Ridgwood have that Burg hasn't been able to stop all year long? Someone please explain, because watching wood's game film isn't impressing me any.

Godaboveall
Waterboy

Post by Godaboveall »

Is Chasen Burk playing?

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

P(irate) wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This went from 0 to 100 in 4 posts. We have people saying they don't make predictions, who obviously did just 2 posts previously. We have people trying to talk about Burg's tradition and how they respect it and 2 seconds later get offended by a Burg posters who brings up said tradition. We've also got schmittie (gotta be CG's cousin) saying he is pulling for the SEO team and brings up a coldh2o drumming the SEO team will take. Then we have Wood fans getting upset or insulted that we start talking about Coldh2o. What in the world happened?
glad to see you don't forget me pirate LOL but hammer is no kin to me, I just feel bad for him that he has to face the wrath of the inflator LOL.

hammer burg is winning this game by 21+

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Godaboveall wrote:Is Chasen Burk playing?
I heard he is.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
P(irate) wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This went from 0 to 100 in 4 posts. We have people saying they don't make predictions, who obviously did just 2 posts previously. We have people trying to talk about Burg's tradition and how they respect it and 2 seconds later get offended by a Burg posters who brings up said tradition. We've also got schmittie (gotta be CG's cousin) saying he is pulling for the SEO team and brings up a coldh2o drumming the SEO team will take. Then we have Wood fans getting upset or insulted that we start talking about Coldh2o. What in the world happened?
glad to see you don't forget me pirate LOL but hammer is no kin to me, I just feel bad for him that he has to face the wrath of the inflator LOL.

hammer burg is winning this game by 21+
:lol: The inflator? Cmon man. You are doing your inflating too. 21+ :lol:

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

42-10
That IS a prediction!

Return to “Football”