Nelsonville-York 38 Wellston 0

Thelongwindedanswer
Riding the Bench

Re: Nelsonville-York 38 Wellston 0

Post by Thelongwindedanswer »

hsfbfan wrote:Wellston may not win another game. And, if so I look for people right or wrong to start demanding major changes in the coaching staff or for Phillips to be let go. jmo
I agree. Kids don't seem to want it, almost like they aren't buying what the coach is selling. Not saying we should throw Phillips out because that is not the answer in year 2, but if the kids can't or won't buy in then something has to be done somewhere.

Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Post by Catchup13 »

hsfbfan wrote:Wellston may not win another game. And, if so I look for people right or wrong to start demanding major changes in the coaching staff or for Phillips to be let go. jmo
Huh??? Where are your fans expectations coming from? Wellston football is synonymous with 3-7 or 4-6 records. No winning seasons in 10 years. Haven't beat a team with a winning record in who knows how long. But yeah.....it's the coach again....and again...and again...."New coach, this guy will right the ship...JK...and again.
Also, if it is the coach, maybe don't hire a guy that was 0-20 in his last 2 seasons.
Not to pour salt in n your wound or anything, but Phillip's old school where he finished 0-20, is currently 7-0. Man it doesn't pay to be a Rocket fan.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

I have no idea what the "magic" time is to wait and give a coach a chance to implement a change in culture/winning/program, I suppose a lot of that is different in each community, but I think it is longer than 2 years.

My experience is parents can be more of an issue than the kids when it comes to being patient.

Good luck to the Rockets.

buckfan2016
Waterboy

Post by buckfan2016 »

Got to agree with catchup 13

St. Marys went 4-26 in 3 years with Phillips as coach. Including 0-20 the last 2 years.

In 2014 they improved to 5-5. in 2015 they went 6-4. Now they are 7-0.
That doesn't look good.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Wellston has a huge veteran line , good skilled players

Can't figure them out

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Poo Bear wrote:Wellston has a huge veteran line , good skilled players

Can't figure them out
For a long time now going into every year it seems like Wellston has the pieces to finish in the top half of the TVC but then the season starts and they just don't seem to be able to put it all together.
It leaves me puzzled.
I know they have some injuries. They canceled the jv game for tomorrow because of them so their must be more than a few.
I hope they can finish strong.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Poo Bear wrote:Wellston has a huge veteran line , good skilled players

Can't figure them out
Huge line = 5 ft tall and 5 ft wide ...
Depth looked like a problem.
2 backs were nice.