Playoffs D5R17 #2 Zane Trace (11-0) vs #3 Alexander (10-1)

BlueDuck
Riding the Bench

Re: Playoffs D5R17 #2 Zane Trace (11-0) vs #3 Alexander (10-1)

Post by BlueDuck »

Agreed. I'll be shocked if the game is multiple scores either way, as a few wingnuts supporting both schools have suggested.

There is a reason that Cap Preps and Drew Pasteur have this one projected within 3 points either way.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

93Bulldog wrote:It is fair to mention the RV game as common opponents.

But also fair to discuss circumstances. Alexander traveled to Bidwell when the Raiders were (5-1) and being talked about as a possible league champion if they could beat Alexander. It rained all the way up until kickoff and field conditions were lets say 'less than ideal.'

After the loss to Alex, the Raiders didn't seem quite the same losing 2 of their last 4 games - including at (4-7) Shadyside which dropped them into the No. 7 spot.

Alexander on the other hand went the other way after the win in Bidwell. The Spartans are (4-0) and averaging about 38 points per game.

Momentum is everything in sports. Had Alexander played River Valley again in week 11, my guess is the score may have ended up closer to the ZT/RV outcome than the 22-12 game they played in week 7.
After watching Alexander at Meigs, I suggest you not worry about what they did at River Valley. They are good. Really good. They are fast and they really know how to find the ball and tackle.
River Valley simply did not play that well against ZT. I would suggest taking Alexander seriously. They are impressive.

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

tomcat fan wrote:
BudLytle wrote:Also, since everyone wants to talk about schedules and such... the only common opponent is RV!

Alexander 22 RV 12
ZT 34 RV 0

Again, not that it will matter in this game, but if you are going to talk about the season and previous games, you should at least mention their only common opponent in that conversation!
If you're gonna get that technical, Alex played RV at RV. ZT played them at home

Everyone i talked to that went to the ZT RV game said they should have won 60-0. Think about that. RV got shutout in the playoffs. That says so much about your competitor that they literally shut your playoff offense out.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

You guys should stop working about who beat River Valley more convincingly......
This is week 12,it doesnt matter!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

The zt people know that alex is a very good football team!
it will take a good team effort to beat them

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Rabeanos0512 wrote:
tomcat fan wrote:
BudLytle wrote:Also, since everyone wants to talk about schedules and such... the only common opponent is RV!

Alexander 22 RV 12
ZT 34 RV 0

Again, not that it will matter in this game, but if you are going to talk about the season and previous games, you should at least mention their only common opponent in that conversation!
If you're gonna get that technical, Alex played RV at RV. ZT played them at home

Everyone i talked to that went to the ZT RV game said they should have won 60-0. Think about that. RV got shutout in the playoffs. That says so much about your competitor that they literally shut your playoff offense out.
Wow, the games prior to the one tomorrow night does not mean anything between these two teams... If, If, If . All irrelevant , I see that his game tomorrow night will be a very close game between to good teams...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND ZANE TRACE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
LongLiveTheChief
Waterboy

Post by LongLiveTheChief »

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND ALEXANDER.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

ZT I think will have more "athletic" kids on the field, Alexander I think will have more "football players" on the field.

Chilly night in week 12, I like technique and fundamentals over raw "athletic" ability. I give it to the Spartans, but this is a pick-em type of game.

Big plays on special teams or untimely penalties could decide this one way or the other.

Last possession type of game very possibly.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

All year long the word has been that zt doesnt have speed or athletes but they had bruising types of players
Now it is the opposite.
I think they have some of both

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

wrestlefan wrote:All year long the word has been that zt doesnt have speed or athletes but they had bruising types of players
Now it is the opposite.
As an example (in my opinion and I am quite often wrong mind you).

Mowery = Best "athlete" on field this Friday.
Chapman = Best "football player" on field this Friday

Please see above disclaimer, I am wrong a lot, only seeing each of these teams once. One early in year and the other late in year.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Well ZT barely beat Adena so I'd say they shouldn't base anything off of past performances.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Abe Froman wrote:
wrestlefan wrote:All year long the word has been that zt doesnt have speed or athletes but they had bruising types of players
Now it is the opposite.
As an example (in my opinion and I am quite often wrong mind you).

Mowery = Best "athlete" on field this Friday.
Chapman = Best "football player" on field this Friday

Please see above disclaimer, I am wrong a lot, only seeing each of these teams once. One early in year and the other late in year.
Speaking of bruising, Alex hits and they hit hard!

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

Chapman is a legit stud. He MAY be the best football player on the field friday. IF he is a better football player that truman love -it isnt by very much at all
Sitting here comparing is always fun
ZT has a ton of respect for alex. The guys remember scrimmaging them in 7th and 8th grade and know that it is going to be a dogfight!

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

BlizzardMan wrote:Well ZT barely beat Adena so I'd say they shouldn't base anything off of past performances.
I am going to take up for ZT on this game. They were missing their quickest RB for the Adena game.

This is going to be a good game. I like the Spartans, but we cannot turn it over more than ZT does.

Go Alex.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

spartans_fan wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:Well ZT barely beat Adena so I'd say they shouldn't base anything off of past performances.
I am going to take up for ZT on this game. They were missing their quickest RB for the Adena game.

This is going to be a good game. I like the Spartans, but we cannot turn it over more than ZT does.

Go Alex.
My point is it means nothing.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I wish I was able to make it to this game. It may be one whale of a game!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

I have seen both teams play this year. I my opinion ZT has the better "team". I look for a close game in the 1st half (like the River Valley game) and ZT pulling away in the 2nd. From what I have seen, and its only been 1 game each, I feel ZT will win by 2 TD's.
Final
ZT 28
Alex 14

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

Taken out of context.
ZT goose egged a playoff team last week. thats my point. and they could have beat them a lot worse.
all that stuff 8 weeks ago is irrelevant. what has happend the past couple weeks. how does the team look now.

OSU lost to Va tech week 2.... clicked on all cylinders at the end and blew people out.

Bezzer22
Waterboy

Post by Bezzer22 »

Rabeanos0512 wrote:

Taken out of context.
ZT goose egged a playoff team last week. thats my point. and they could have beat them a lot worse.
all that stuff 8 weeks ago is irrelevant. what has happend the past couple weeks. how does the team look now.

OSU lost to Va tech week 2.... clicked on all cylinders at the end and blew people out.
Alexander hasn't been playing bad either did rockhill score on there JV I wasn't at that game?

Return to “Football”