What's (Hemlock) Miller return in '08?

carbon_dated
All State

What's (Hemlock) Miller return in '08?

Post by carbon_dated »

Could someone fill me in one what Miller H.S. has coming back this season. How many starters? Or else copy/paste a roster.

Who is the coach?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: What's (Hemlock) Miller return in '08?

Post by Steely Dan »

CD - This one is going to take some research. I don't believe that they bring alot back, but I may be wrong. If memory serves me right, their coach this past year was in his first year.

Historically, the program at Miller has not been very strong.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

SD - that's cool. Just interested because I heard on the radio that Beallsville picked up Miller for a 4-year deal. Aren't they in that TVC?

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Miller is in the TVC Hocking with Trimble, Federal Hocking, Eastern, Southern, and Waterford. Miller typically finishes near the bottom of the league that is already a weak football league. Beallsville will probably win this game by a huge margin and will gain few computer points in the process. I'm not sure why these teams would want to play each other unless it was the only matchup that would work for whatever week the teams had an open date for.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Beallsville in in the River Valley Conference, which has 5 WV schools in it. Due to the different starts for both states, and the fact that BHS would miss out on guaranteed computer points the Blue Devils had to do a lot of switching around.

I don't know any other reason unless Miller has some athletes coming up through the program. Beallsville isn't too bad.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

CD - More than likely, this series will not help Beallsville very much, if at all. Miller played Monroe Central in 1994 or 1995, in Woodsfield, I guess due to a scheduling quirk. MC was ahead 42-0 at halftime and it could have been alot worse.

JC called off the dogs and the score ended up like 49-6 or something around that margin. I left at halftime of that game........

Miller has made the playoffs once or twice, but they are not historically successful. Probably one of the weakest teams, in a weak football league.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

They bring back Dick Humphreys and they will go back to the playoffs.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Didn't, about 6 years ago, Miller have a good team and the next year it looked like another good year with the returning team and one of the best player transferred to New Lex and the boy didn't play alot there at New Lex? (running back)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

noreply66 wrote:Didn't, about 6 years ago, Miller have a good team and the next year it looked like another good year with the returning team and one of the best player transferred to New Lex and the boy didn't play alot there at New Lex? (running back)

I think so but for the life of me, I can't remember his name.

redrocket
Riding the Bench
Location: Along the river where the shotgun protects my humble abode 4 notes a week. You guess which four.

Post by redrocket »

I think the youngman's name was Cox.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Dewey?

1st and goal
Waterboy

Post by 1st and goal »

The players name was Cliffton Cox. He went to New Lex but had off the field issues so he was cut from the team.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The boy was a workhorse for Miller

Return to “Football”