river valley 2012

bevo
Varsity

Re: river valley 2012

Post by bevo »

uhm no danger of either being any kind of champ this year! lol football is down both places,matter of fact athletics is down both places! i think maybe the volleyall and girls sports might carry them through this year.

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

Lol

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

GalliaGrad89 wrote:Lol
Lol. What a stupid thing to say and it adds no insight to anything. Why waste space in this forum to say, lol? What are you 15?

Anyway, I really think Davies is super quick. Anybody got a 40 time for him? Also, IMO (which is just as valuable as anybody's) Dayton Hardway needs to take at least 50% of the snaps this year. He is ready. He can throw the ball right where he wants to pretty consistently and is the best option throwing from the gun. Put him out there more. I know Coach would have to face the wrath of some of the narrow-minded parents who believe freshmen can't play varsity or he is only playing because he is the Coach's brother in-law, but I'll bet he will be the starter by seasons end anyway. I think Whobrey still should be on the field as much as possible though. Like I said this is an opinion. But people like GalliaGrad don't respect it opinions they don't agree with. And I know I'm not the coach and I didn't say I knew more than anybody. Just an opinion.

iluvgahs
Waterboy

Post by iluvgahs »

Lol

Mightymanchamp
Waterboy

Post by Mightymanchamp »

Good start to football camp 52 high school players i think there were 17 to 18 seniors and there was 3 or 4 more on vacation

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

BlizzardMan wrote:
GalliaGrad89 wrote:Lol
Lol. What a stupid thing to say and it adds no insight to anything. Why waste space in this forum to say, lol? What are you 15?

Anyway, I really think Davies is super quick. Anybody got a 40 time for him? Also, IMO (which is just as valuable as anybody's) Dayton Hardway needs to take at least 50% of the snaps this year. He is ready. He can throw the ball right where he wants to pretty consistently and is the best option throwing from the gun. Put him out there more. I know Coach would have to face the wrath of some of the narrow-minded parents who believe freshmen can't play varsity or he is only playing because he is the Coach's brother in-law, but I'll bet he will be the starter by seasons end anyway. I think Whobrey still should be on the field as much as possible though. Like I said this is an opinion. But people like GalliaGrad don't respect it opinions they don't agree with. And I know I'm not the coach and I didn't say I knew more than anybody. Just an opinion.
the freshman is pretty good for a freshman,not ready to start,he needs lots of weight room time and he looks to still be growing and struggles throwing the long balls,just like in previous scrimmages,I think he could be a really good one but not this year,

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

What is RV's pre-season schedule look like? I know they have the Jamboree game with South Gallia on the 18th I believe. When then is the OVC previews, and dont they have one more scrimmage? Looking forward to a great season in Raider Country!

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Ol' Blue doesnt have a dog in this fight but wants to see all Gallia co. teams successful...so here's my take. IF RV thinks that they'll be competitive this year then Whobrey should be your starter...IF RV thinks that they're a year or two away then go with Hardaway!!!! The X factor in all of this is Coach Sparling is engaged or married by now to Hardaway's sister!!!

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

Whobrey will be the starter.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

You sound pretty sure of that with your SG avatar

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Hopefully the Raiders will have a good last year in the OVC. I personally would've liked them to stay in the OVC at least a few more years, as I have enjoyed learning about the situation up there and discussing it with posters on here. Hopefully they can get back to where they were around '03 and '04 and eventually exceed those numbers. They have been competitive in other sports and it's time they were winning on the football field on a consistent basis. I hope all of this positive feedback about what to expect this year is true. Good luck Raiders!

Return to “Football”