Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Good Luck to The River Valley Raiders!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: river valley 2012

Post by Orange and Brown »

Bevo wrote:
Raiderball wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:River Valley is listed as having 190 boys!
They have more than Alexander-171, Wellston-188, and Nelsonville-York-151....

Should NY, Wellston, and Alex all run over to the Hocking division????

No, no, no... that's not what I was saying. I was only commenting toward the posts about RV competing in SEOAL years ago. Was only pointing out the large drop in enrollment after SG was opened.
RV fits in very well numbers wise with Meigs, Wellston, NY and Alex. Not so much VC and Athens.
What are the numbers for FH, Belpre and Wahama?
RV has defeated Meigs 3 times in the last 2 years in Basketball
Alex in 2008-2009 in Football
Wellston 2009-2010 Basketball (sectional)
Nelsonville York 2 times in 2010-2011 in Basketball
They will be fine

Fed Hock and Belpre are both div 4 Football and 3 in Basketball all that matters
Federal Hocking and Belpre are D-5 in Football! But thanks for playing!!!

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

FH and Belpre both D5 in football and D3 basketball!!! u can see the attitude and the problem that some at RV have!!! they brag about beating teams 6 or 7 years ago and a very bad Meigs basketball team last year!!! dont get me wrong they're are some great parents and kids at RV and I really think that they are one the verge of finally being something!!! Good luck!!!! Since u brung up your wins over Ohio div teams...what is W-L record against them???

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

0-0 against Vinton County.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

LOL!!!! Vinton Co. Probably to big of a school for RV to play!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Ol' Blue wrote:LOL!!!! Vinton Co. Probably to big of a school for RV to play!!!
Nelsonville-York has been playing them for years......... If you have that attitude your team will never get better. You have to be willing to play schools that are bigger than you, and you have to be willing to play schools that are better than you or you will never get better......

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Ol' Blue wrote:LOL!!!! Vinton Co. Probably to big of a school for RV to play!!!
Nelsonville-York has been playing them for years......... If you have that attitude your team will never get better. You have to be willing to play schools that are bigger than you, and you have to be willing to play schools that are better than you or you will never get better......
I think that's well put. That's how the Buckeyes built a program. I heard RV's schedule in 2013 is full of smaller schools.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

I meant it "tongue in cheek" but thats the attitude that RV has!!! I agree... you're never going to get any better if you never play anyone better!!!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Ol' Blue wrote:FH and Belpre both D5 in football and D3 basketball!!! u can see the attitude and the problem that some at RV have!!! they brag about beating teams 6 or 7 years ago and a very bad Meigs basketball team last year!!! dont get me wrong they're are some great parents and kids at RV and I really think that they are one the verge of finally being something!!! Good luck!!!! Since u brung up your wins over Ohio div teams...what is W-L record against them???
Ole Blue , lol
Who really cares? It happened 6-7 years ago lol!
No One was bragging,just giving facts about how they will be able to compete in the Hocking Div. at least as well as they did in the OVC which IMHO is a tougher League in almost all aspects.

Why all the Exclamations? Think were def? LOL!

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Ol' Blue wrote:I meant it "tongue in cheek" but thats the attitude that RV has!!! I agree... you're never going to get any better if you never play anyone better!!!
How do you know anything about anyone's attitude?
While your on the subject, nothing at River Valley is going to change until the parents and kids realize you just can't show up and start playing any sport at the beginning of the season. Until the kids and parents realize you have to work,lift weights,run ,play organized off season sports, simply live it. They will never be winners. Too much whining about the coaches picking on my kid,too much making excuses for why their kid missed lifting or work outs.
River Valley prob has more broken homes and single parents than any school in Southern Ohio. I think it's tough for single parents to keep kids going to required workouts and be hard on them. The kids get off too easy.
This school prob has the best coaching staffs in all sports they have had for some time,these coaches are constantly chasing kids who cut lifting or just say i don't need to play summer Basketball.

Attitude is what it all about.

Since ya'll are bashing Rv for it's schedule in football,what about Alexander's Football schedule last year??? Pot meet Kettle!

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

Rvbballdude wrote:
Ol' Blue wrote:I meant it "tongue in cheek" but thats the attitude that RV has!!! I agree... you're never going to get any better if you never play anyone better!!!
How do you know anything about anyone's attitude?
While your on the subject, nothing at River Valley is going to change until the parents and kids realize you just can't show up and start playing any sport at the beginning of the season. Until the kids and parents realize you have to work,lift weights,run ,play organized off season sports, simply live it. They will never be winners. Too much whining about the coaches picking on my kid,too much making excuses for why their kid missed lifting or work outs.
River Valley prob has more broken homes and single parents than any school in Southern Ohio. I think it's tough for single parents to keep kids going to required workouts and be hard on them. The kids get off too easy.
This school prob has the best coaching staffs in all sports they have had for some time,these coaches are constantly chasing kids who cut lifting or just say i don't need to play summer Basketball.

Attitude is what it all about.

Since ya'll are bashing Rv for it's schedule in football,what about Alexander's Football schedule last year??? Pot meet Kettle!

Oh how right you are and i heard 2 of those great rv coaches had their attitudes in high gear last night when they were slinging racial slurs at one of their players and parents in jackson at the basketball league. a little birdie told me :shock:

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Ok, you gotta give details to back this up.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

BlizzardMan wrote:Ok, you gotta give details to back this up.
"A little Birdie" Told him, which means he heard it from someone who heard it from someone who is friends with the guy who heard it from someone who heard it from someone else who completely made most of it up!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Orange and Brown wrote:
"A little Birdie" Told him, which means he heard it from someone who heard it from someone who is friends with the guy who heard it from someone who heard it from someone else who completely made most of it up!
Sounds about right. I'll just believe and retell it with more fabrications. I heard they slapped a baby on the way out! :lol:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

BlizzardMan wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
Sounds about right. I'll just believe and retell it with more fabrications. I heard they slapped a baby on the way out! :lol:
I heard they used babies as basketballs! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

RVballdude....I've watched Rv sports since they opened up!!!! But u answered your own Question!!! I've seen countless classes of good players come in in all sports....not work at it at all in the offseason...then end up underachieving personally and as a team.....but of course then it's the coaches fault!!!! But then they want to brag about a handful of wins that they had...but never mention the losses!!!! perfect example RV beat Gallia Academy once or twice in football back when they played and all u hear about is those 2 wins....but they fail to mention the beatings that they took the other years!!!! U can insert any school/sport in that quote and it would still be true!!! Dont get me wrong I really want to see RV get things going...I stillknow many parents and kids that attend there!!!! but like u said ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING1111

iluvgahs
Waterboy

Post by iluvgahs »

They should play gallia now!! Haha :lol: :lol:

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

I think they want to. It's just convincing the administrators to allow them to schedule the game.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

iluvgahs wrote:They should play gallia now!! Haha :lol: :lol:
IMHO! Both schools are pretty much in the same boat talent wise and work ethic wise, Gallipolis in the past couple years has declined greatly! One reason is building the new school where it is at (Gallipolis cannot be a power unless they have the kids who live in town playing! Most of then do not have a ride to and from practice now.)
The other reason is that these kids are no longer hard workers,now they are much like RV kids,slackers and spoiled brats.

I don't see either team having an athletic advantage even though Gallipolis is a bit bigger and has more kids to chose from.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

:?: :?: :?:
Last edited by GalliaGrad78 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Football”