KCU Committs (local players)

The MAin Man
Waterboy

KCU Committs (local players)

Post by The MAin Man »

comitments from around the area

[b]Bo Cook-portsmouth-Strong and hard to get past
Wes Jordan-Portsmouth-very strong running back not so fast but you better get out his way
Cory Reeves-portsmouth-undecided-very fast quick and you never know what he will do with the ball
Ray Caudwell-Portsmouth-undecided-strong physical, squats in the 500
Bub Johnson-Ironton-athletic and knows how to play football
Phipe Beach-Ironton-strong player with alot of heart
Craig williams-Portsmouth Notre Dame-faster running back but also strong
Austin Seevers-Portsmouth west-Morehead transfer-Fast can play just about every positon
Koty Bowling-Jackson
Joey Emnett-Portsmouth Notre Dame
Greg James-Jackson
Brandon Lawson-Piketon
Todd McCreary-Piketon
[/b]

Congrates to these boys and hope they have a good season with the knights

http://www.kcu.edu/template.php?area=at ... k_football
Last edited by The MAin Man on Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

TrojanXplosion
S

Re: KCU Committs (local players)

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Alot of Portsmouth players it seems. lol..Good luck to all of them.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Thats great news.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I have heard a couple East players my possibly be going there also

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Who is KCU?

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Kentucky Christian University

They just started a football program last year.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Cool... I wondered why I haven't heard of them. I haven't seen them at any coaching recruiting nights... Thanks!

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Congrats and good luck to Bub and Felipe!

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

I'm sure Dick Tipton coaching there has a lot to do with the area kids going down there. There also may be a few Chillicothe boys heading down there.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I am always glad to see small schools close by add sports programs.

Now if Rio Grande and Shawnee would just get around to starting football and Rio would make wrestling a varsity sport, we would be set.

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

Congratulations to Bub Johnson and Phillipe Beach. I don't know Phillipe very well but Bub comes from a fine family and any college would be lucky to have him. My daughter looked at going to KCU and the faculty couldn't have been nicer. They were building a huge new additiion to their school. I think they told us for a nursing program. Anyway, It seemed like a very close knit atmosphere and the teachers seemed to really care about the students.Good luck to both Ironton young men and the other players from this area.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

I was on my way there to play baseball when I graduated from high school (1994). Then all of a sudden they dropped baseball the summer before I was to enroll. The reason given for scrapping baseball was that they had to have just as many women's sports as men's, and rather than add a women's sport, they decided it would be easier to cut a men's sport. It was surely a shame that they dropped baseball and still don't have it. This came after they had their most successful baseball season of all time, winning the Great Lakes Region. SEOP's poster diamondD1 was a senior All-American pitcher on that team.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

FrozenRope9 wrote:I was on my way there to play baseball when I graduated from high school (1994). Then all of a sudden they dropped baseball the summer before I was to enroll. The reason given for scrapping baseball was that they had to have just as many women's sports as men's, and rather than add a women's sport, they decided it would be easier to cut a men's sport. It was surely a shame that they dropped baseball and still don't have it. This came after they had their most successful baseball season of all time, winning the Great Lakes Region. SEOP's poster diamondD1 was a senior All-American pitcher on that team.

With them becoming an University, I would not be suprised to see them get baseball back.

The MAin Man
Waterboy

Post by The MAin Man »

Should be a upcomming team to look at for

Pikealum27
Waterboy

Post by Pikealum27 »

I have also heard that a couple other players transfered from Morehead State....Getting Div. 1 AA player will always help boost the team....I was contacted by the coach about maybe coming back to school and playing some football.....so who knows maybe i will be headed to KCU.....

The MAin Man
Waterboy

Post by The MAin Man »

They also got a player from MArshall
A RS QB

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Add Brad Collins to the list from the Tartans.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I don't think Collins will be the only one, I could see Caudill going down that way and the other Collins next season.

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

I wouldn't bet on Caudill going there for sure Blue. He's got a few other things going too. He's one that I've stayed in contact with and we're trying to get him somewhere. He might end up there, but some other options are starting to surface, albeit late, but for D-3 and even some D-2 programs, there's still plenty of time. Most of the moneys gone, as far as athletic aide, but the D-3 schools recruit clear up til summer. thats why I respect those coaches. Man, when I did it at D2, by MArch I was spent. Especially being on the road.
It's good to see a college program close to your area though. Scioto county has a lot of NAIA/D2/D3 athletes, and once you get kids going to schools and staying there, I think you'll see a trend.Hopefully anyway

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Makes you wish Shawnee State would put a team on the feild. I would be a season ticket holder every year. With all the locals playing at KCU Ill prob go to some of there games this year.

Return to “Football”