Wheelersburg 24 Waverly 13

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: WK 7 Wheelersburg (6-0) @ Waverly (6-0)

Post by Mad-Dogg »

dontreply wrote:Burrgites ,get your two bucks out to park don't whine about just get it out!
I think I'll park somewhere and walk to the stadium

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Burg 42-14

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Burg.

Some resistance early, but the Pirates will use this as a statement game to remind everyone they are the captain of the SOC ship.

41-10

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

One thing for sure, it will not be moved to Saturday Night!

It also looks to be a big night for Heistads (Wrecker Service)

https://youtu.be/zXZjSR4hT30

tigerball
Waterboy

Post by tigerball »

Both teams need to bring their best. If either team plays at an "A-" level they will go home with a loss. Both offenses are fast paced and fun to watch and both defenses bend but don't break. I think limiting the "homerun" is the key because both defenses get stingy with giving up points in the red zone.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE WAVERLY TIGERS IN A BATTLE OF UNBEATENS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Gotta Admit As A Pirate, I Wouldn't Be Surprised To See A Tiger Victory.
However I Wouldn't BE Surprised To See Waverly Knocked On ItS Tail And Get The Doors Blown Off (I Personally Think This WON'T Happen!)

But Could Easily See With The Combination Of Waverly's Speed, Crooked Creek, & Home Field Advantage, That Waverly MIGHT Upset!
Despite My Bad Gut Feelings, I WILL BE 100% BRINGING THE NOISE FOR THE PIRATES!
GO BURG!!

27-21 BURG!

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Waverly is the underdog and rightly so. But the Waverly players are confident and the coaches will have them well prepared. We'll show up, play hard and we'll see what happens.

Embrace the hype! Games of this magnitude don't happen that often. Many players go through their entire high school career and never get to play in a good like this. It's been a few years since Waverly has been in this position. Enjoy it!

Go Tigers!

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

This should be a great game! Burg has had 3 road games so far this year, against Fairland, Oak Hill, and a Saturday afternoon game at Cincinnati North College Hill, and it's hard to get pumped to play those 3 teams...Burg played to their competition early on in those games, and looked sloppy at times with fumbles, penalties and looking like they weren't on the same page at times...

Last night playing Oak Hill, penalties and fumbles (lost but recovered) early on and they still won 42-0. This Burg team is very good but must admit they play to their opponents. That being said, I except Burg to come out strong Friday night and they'll pull away in the second half. I predict a 35-14 victory.

GO BURG!

Piratestorm07
Waterboy

Post by Piratestorm07 »

Waverly hasn't played anyone good I think Burg will win this game 42-14

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

PLEASE MOVE GAME TO SATURDAY (RECORD BREAKING CROWD)

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Piratestorm07 wrote:Waverly hasn't played anyone good I think Burg will win this game 42-14
Interesting comment, believe other then playing Jackson I think the exact same thing can be said about Burg. Waverly's opponents have 15 wins and Burg's opponents have 17 wins 1 common opponent in Fairland who both teams dispatched with ease. Caldwell down this year doesn't help Waverly's case but Valley will be on burgs schedule as well. Waverly has taken on Piketon, Zane Trace and Unioto a combined 13-5 and allowed 13 points to Unioto which is only points they've given up all year. I think they've played enough quality opponents to warrant a little more respect then saying they haven't played anyone good. Giving up 13 points through 6 weeks can't be overlooked. It's not like Burg has played some tough schedule toughest opponent was Jackson a team that lost a lot of talent from last years team. Having said that I still don't believe Waverly is quite ready for a game like this, hard to be down for so long then all then you find yourself in a game of this magnitude and really know what you're heading into. From a psychological standpoint does the 56-3 loss last year to Burg hang in the back of their minds, especially if something goes wrong early. Having said all of this I still think Burg takes this one, I think Waverly is turned around but curious to see how they handle this game, Burg we already know has played in and ready for games like this. Still believe Burg takes this one, curious about the Waverly's offensive line can they hold up against the Burg pass rush. I expect Waverly to throw the quick hitters then try and take a shot over the top later on after going short, short. Jackson was able to hit the 5 yard hitches with ease against Burg then hit the pump and go for a TD later on. However, the Jackson line really struggled with the Burg pass rush. Good Luck to both teams it's nice to see this game brought back into relevance. Burg 35-14, 35-21 right in that area.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Like to see Burg win ,my question is can they eliminate the drive killing penalties, they have had way to many to beat a good team, with touchdowns and long gainers called back. My take, it will come down as usual to turnovers and penalties.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg has played the tougher schedule but that's not saying much. These "hyped" games that burg has played in they've put the teams out early. The key will be the d line of burg. They will have to disrupt the timing of waverly qb. Going 35-14 burg.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Epic clash.
If the game was on Saturday I would gladly drive the 1.5+
hrs.
AND gladly pay to park.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

If Waverly has a run game they have a good chance .

Tigers24
Freshman Team

Post by Tigers24 »

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field ***not the case***
[2016] Wheelersburg (OH) 28, [2016] Waverly (OH) 19

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Ok. FrI'm the sounds of it. Waverly has a tough time covering on a consistent basis. They do however have a tough dline. I think Burg tries to exploit all of that with quick throws.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

What kind of depth does waverly have as far as how many go both ways? Burg wears teams out because they only have a couple kids that go full time offense and D

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

I have not seen either team play being that I am 300+ miles away, so I cannot predict a score. However the Burg has to be considered the favorites given their almost 46 year string of football excellence and playoff experience while Waverly is just relearning how to win.

Hoping for a clean, close, hard hitting game without injury. Should be a hot time Friday night at Radiger Field.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “Football”