Ironton Fighting Tigers 2008

ItownBrowns
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers 2008

Post by ItownBrowns »

I feel Ironton has the potential to be good. How good depends on the amount of work guys put in between now and August. Ironton has many returning contributors, that can be good and bad. While Ironton did play a number of sophs last year the overall team play was'nt always good. One only needs to look at last seasons scores to know this. There was a distinct lack of leadership on the field last year. Perhaps the lack of seniors on the field last year led to this but guys still need to step up when called upon.
Offensivly, Ironton should be better. Returning the entire backfield should be a plus. If everyone gets in shape and run with a bit more authority they have the potential to be good. The line and ends did lose some but I think the units will better this coming year than last regardless.
Defensivly, I'm concerned. Every decent team I'town faced last year basically had their way. Poor tackling, speed and position were all problems. Defensive end will be a key position in "08. They controll alot of what happens inside and out in the running game. They are also needed to put pressure on qb's. Since the position was manned by sophs mostly last year I expect the year of growth and experience to be very valuable. It all starts up front for I'town and I like the potential on this team. The trick will be coach Lutz and those boys turning that potential into results. I feel Ironton is a dangerous team in D4 if the leadership, execution and work ethic are there and they continue to develope.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

ItownBrowns wrote:I feel Ironton has the potential to be good. How good depends on the amount of work guys put in between now and August. Ironton has many returning contributors, that can be good and bad. While Ironton did play a number of sophs last year the overall team play was'nt always good. One only needs to look at last seasons scores to know this. There was a distinct lack of leadership on the field last year. Perhaps the lack of seniors on the field last year led to this but guys still need to step up when called upon.
Offensivly, Ironton should be better. Returning the entire backfield should be a plus. If everyone gets in shape and run with a bit more authority they have the potential to be good. The line and ends did lose some but I think the units will better this coming year than last regardless.
Defensivly, I'm concerned. Every decent team I'town faced last year basically had their way. Poor tackling, speed and position were all problems. Defensive end will be a key position in "08. They controll alot of what happens inside and out in the running game. They are also needed to put pressure on qb's. Since the position was manned by sophs mostly last year I expect the year of growth and experience to be very valuable. It all starts up front for I'town and I like the potential on this team. The trick will be coach Lutz and those boys turning that potential into results. I feel Ironton is a dangerous team in D4 if the leadership, execution and work ethic are there and they continue to develope.

Very well said I also think their schedule is not as tuff as it was last year. This will help with the wins and the confidence of the kids.

Old School 2
Waterboy

Post by Old School 2 »

Has Irontons schedule been completed? If so what does it look like?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Old School 2 wrote:Has Irontons schedule been completed? If so what does it look like?

Team............................. Date.... Location

Wheelersburg.....................8-22......Away
Our Lady Of The Way (CA)......8-29......Home
Gallia Academy...................9-05......Home
Ashland............................9-12......Home
Logan..............................9-19......Away
Chillicothe.........................9-26......Away
Jackson...........................10-03.....Home
Portsmouth.......................10-10.....Away
Nelsonville York..................10-17.....Away
Warren...........................10-24.....Home

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Our Lady of the Way? What is that?

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

siderman wrote:Our Lady of the Way? What is that?

Canada team

Godfather
Waterboy

Post by Godfather »

dont haveto worry about the DE monning an jones have worked hard this winter. monning an jones both have gotten stronger jones has put on about 10lbs

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Godfather: You have that right! Neither Jones or Monnig are afraid to get after it. They will be fun to watch this coming season. Work hard boys, it will be here before you know it!

Godfather
Waterboy

Post by Godfather »

it will be fun heard all the boys are working hard cant wait

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Good to hear, the offseason is when the games are won.

GO FIGHTING TIGERS!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

you said it mum, right now is when the games are won. if we are bustin the weights, and their butts , it will show right away. i can say that last years team, was the most out of shape ironton team, i've ever seen. not being aggressive, and very poor fundamentals, something was just not there last year. could have been youth. but in the past the fighting tigers clawed and slashed till the final bell. i just did not see that last year, the biggest problem i saw overall, was TACKLING, ESPECIALLY ARM TACKLING, AND NOT WRAPPING UP. we just did not do the fundamentals well last year. hope that changes, this year should be great, but next year, i look to play 15 games. :12224

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

I believe Lutz and company will have the Tigers ready for
the 2008 season. :lol:

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

They should have a great amount of talent this year, and with 14 or so coaches to 35-40 players, they should be 10-0!!!

someoverkill
JV Team

Post by someoverkill »

Ironton should be Ironton. They seemed to have a few down years in the mid to late 90's, but they rebounded and built the program back up again. I would be suprised if ironton did not make the playoffs this season. I would say ironton could look for a 8-2 or a 7-3 finish in the regular season and another trip to the Ohio Playoffs. After that it will be who wants it more. That is what the playoffs are always about.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Whats up with Ironton scheduling these Canadian teams????

Strong side
Riding the Bench

Post by Strong side »

ironton schedules teams that want to play.and to fill the schedule Some teams around here won't play ironton Why don"t minford put in a bid for a game somewhere between week 1-10 maybe you all could play us we wouldnt have to go so far to get a game.the team from canada we played before was pretty good so why dis the canada team .please look at your schedule before downing anybody elses

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

Ironton did lose a few on their line, But there is plenty of talent to cover those positions. I know many may say the high school level is a lot different but your looking at up coming talent that has went undefeated for the past few years give or take 1 or 2 losses to portsmouth over that time period. But there was alot of that young talent on the field getting varsity experience last year. And I look for the tigers to gain back a lot of respect this year from teams that got their 1 chance to beat us last year.

sportsnut mom
Freshman Team

Post by sportsnut mom »

How do you feel about some transfers from Dragon country ;-) ;-) ?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

sportsnut mom wrote:How do you feel about some transfers from Dragon country ;-) ;-) ?

Sounds good to me, bring them on. I think the Tiger Nation would welcome them with open arms.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

is lady from canada or california???

Return to “Football”