Facilities

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Since it's in a southeastern region... Johnstown-Monroe has pending plans to put in turf, add to the visitor stands, and build/remodel locker rooms.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Its about time that all of the schools in SEO get nice facility's.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Just think Logan will ba able to finish all evening track meets--when teams show up late---Now

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
air4ce1
Freshman Team

Re: Facilities

Post by air4ce1 »

Does portsmouth still play at that really old stadium down there? I forget the name. I remember 2 years ago we went to play down there and it was pouring down the rain. The sideline markers were floating the water was that deep. Inside the locker rooms the ceilings were leaking and u had to keep all of your bags off of the ground or else theyd be soaked. Has anything been done there? Do they even still play there?

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

air4ce1 wrote:Does portsmouth still play at that really old stadium down there? I forget the name. I remember 2 years ago we went to play down there and it was pouring down the rain. The sideline markers were floating the water was that deep. Inside the locker rooms the ceilings were leaking and u had to keep all of your bags off of the ground or else theyd be soaked. Has anything been done there? Do they even still play there?

That "really old stadium" is Spartan Stadium. This is the same stadium that was played in by former NFL team Portsmouth Sparatans (now the Detorit Lions). The stadium is in need of lots of repairs, however, a donaton has been made to create a new athletic complex for the Trojans. This complex with include a new football stadium, baseball field, and track, among others. While this will be a great improvement for PHS (along with their new schools, probably the best, IMO, in southern Ohio), it will be sad to see the Trojans leave Spartan Stadium. It would have been great to see Spartan renovated, honoring the former Spartans and the Trojans.

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

Yea, you would think that a place that has so much history like that would be fixed up and restored back to what it used to be. Its kinda ashame to see poeple let get so runned down like it is.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

The new stadium that Portsmouth is getting is going to be really cool. It is going to be state of the art and probably by far the best new facility around these parts. But, as nice as that new stadium is going to be, I just can't imagine the Portsmouth Trojans not playing down at Spartan Stadium. It is very rich in history and what blows my mind every time I see that stadium is Jim Thorpe played in that stadium. JIM THORPE himself. Really amazing.

Return to “Football”