Best and Worst Stadiums in Southeastern Ohio

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Best and Worst Stadiums in Southeastern Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

The best is Zanesville high school check it out.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I like East, Green, Symmes Valley fields. Small town field view. You can actually stand in the endzone to watch the game.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

bhicks42 wrote:1. Lucasville Valley
Concession on both sides, newer facility, turf, brick, PA, nice scoreboards.
2. Portsmouth
One side concession puts them second to valley but really close.
3. Coal Grove
Plenty of seating, parking, quality PA system, turf, cannon
4.Chesapeake
Too tight. Parking & seating. Nice place other than that.
5. Rock Hill
New turf, unique experience.
6. Ironton
Needs updated, especially visitor side
7. Oak Hill
Nice updated venue with turf.
8. South Point
Nice place, not a football atmosphere at all.
9. Portsmouth West
Too far away, grass field, couldn't hear anything on PA system
10. River Valley
Pretty plain, not good, not bad.
11. Symmes Valley
Grass field, small away bleachers
12. Meigs
Away bleachers are so bad I sat on the home side.
13. Northwest
One set of bleachers? Pretty hard to believe.
14. Galipolis
To be fair, I haven't been there since 1999 but based off what I've heard and know about Fairland, it's not last.
15. Fairland
Pretty bad and considering their resources, you would think it could be a nice place.

Just what I've been to.
I like that list and I agree with it. Never really thought about it til you said it but South Point's field is definitely not a football atmosphere. But what about Chesapeakes stadium is too tight?

ROLL PEAKE
noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

ManitouDan2 wrote:West is my least fav because the stands seem so far back . Seems like the opposing sides are 1/2 mile apart. East is just bad in all areas .

Valley and PHS are great , Burg is super , and I love Sat nights at Spartan Stadium .
I agree West is to far from the field but Spartan Stadium is just as far!!!

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

New lex is an awesome venue. No track, brand new home and away bleachers and a new scoreboard/video board. Looks amazing.

bhicks42
Freshman Team

Post by bhicks42 »

bbn77 wrote:
bhicks42 wrote:1. Lucasville Valley
Concession on both sides, newer facility, turf, brick, PA, nice scoreboards.
2. Portsmouth
One side concession puts them second to valley but really close.
3. Coal Grove
Plenty of seating, parking, quality PA system, turf, cannon
4.Chesapeake
Too tight. Parking & seating. Nice place other than that.
5. Rock Hill
New turf, unique experience.
6. Ironton
Needs updated, especially visitor side
7. Oak Hill
Nice updated venue with turf.
8. South Point
Nice place, not a football atmosphere at all.
9. Portsmouth West
Too far away, grass field, couldn't hear anything on PA system
10. River Valley
Pretty plain, not good, not bad.
11. Symmes Valley
Grass field, small away bleachers
12. Meigs
Away bleachers are so bad I sat on the home side.
13. Northwest
One set of bleachers? Pretty hard to believe.
14. Galipolis
To be fair, I haven't been there since 1999 but based off what I've heard and know about Fairland, it's not last.
15. Fairland
Pretty bad and considering their resources, you would think it could be a nice place.

Just what I've been to.
I like that list and I agree with it. Never really thought about it til you said it but South Point's field is definitely not a football atmosphere. But what about Chesapeakes stadium is too tight?
I mean it just doesn't have a lot of room. Cramped maybe would be the word. Hard to find parking and hard to find a seat. Nice field but really needs more room.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

ManitouDan2 wrote:FWIW I've never had parking issues at Burg.. And i usually attend only the " bigger" games . Maybe its I dont mind walking a short distance , even up the hill . That could be an issue for lots of folks .
There's plenty of parking on top to. This past week was a pretty good crowd and they didn't fill it up. At most your 50-75yds from the gate. Visitors side could use more seats but atmosphere during a big game is great.
Last edited by fbnut on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Best stadiums that I have been to or played in, in The area
1. Portsmouth (New Stadium)
2. Wheelersburg
3. Jackson
4. Ironton Stadium (Just Something about playing there)
5. Hamilton Twp
6. Chillicothe (The New improvements, this year along with the finished product coming next year it will def be top 3)
7. Zanesville
8. Logan
9. Waverly
10. Old Portsmouth Spartan Stadium

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

noles_fan wrote:
ManitouDan2 wrote:West is my least fav because the stands seem so far back . Seems like the opposing sides are 1/2 mile apart. East is just bad in all areas .

Valley and PHS are great , Burg is super , and I love Sat nights at Spartan Stadium .
I agree West is to far from the field but Spartan Stadium is just as far!!!
It might be but it doesn't seem like it.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

The old Kyger Creek and original River Valley was one of my favorites stadiums to watch a game. There was not a bad seat on the home side. Way up above the field of play.

I also like Trimble.

I don't know of a bad stadium.....just some better than others.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BurgGrad6 wrote:Best
Portsmouth- nice visitor and home seats
Valley- no fence, awesome.
Logan- probably the most comfortable seating

Worst
Fairland- smells like a meth lab.
East- ran down, bad.
Ironton worst parking, terrible seating, bad sound, no room to stand.

worst parking------- seriously they have 2 enourmous lots in the central Christian lot, the ohio university lot. and side streets everywhere. you can't find a parking place there, you are not trying very hard. of course it may cost 2 bucks for a premium spot. but it's going to a good cause. and the cars are closely watched during the game.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I realize the tank needs work. especially the visitors side. but for my money it is very special and grand.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

HoopsHotHead wrote:The old Kyger Creek and original River Valley was one of my favorites stadiums to watch a game. There was not a bad seat on the home side. Way up above the field of play.

I also like Trimble.

I don't know of a bad stadium.....just some better than others.
I hate watching a game at trimble. Those old crumby bleachers and everyone crammed along the fence. There aren't many bleachers either. I is so outdated. And teams that go there have to use that old hole under the bleachers at half time that has a full inch of grime on the floor all because the pre-game locker rooms are a 3 minute walk away

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

I've had the pleasure of playing and watching in a lot of the stadiums in SE Ohio and my favorites are:

Favorites
1. Wheelersburg
2. Lucasville Valley
3. Jackson
4. Portsmouth
5. Rock Hill
6. Spartan Stadium* (hard to believe that place is still standing with the neglect the city of Portsmouth has shown it, but playing and watching will also have a spot in my heart, playoff games hosted there were always packed and felt amazing to come out in, watching games in the endzone was great too)

Worst
1. Symmes Valley (Long drive, small bleachers, tiny goal posts)
2. East (Doesn't get any worse in my opinion, the lighting is awful, haven't been there in about 5 years but look from the road it hasn't changed much)
3. Northwest (why such a large school and 1 set of bleachers?)
4. River Valley/Trimble
5. Meigs (Again bleachers are a joke)

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

When was the last time some of you was at Meigs field, they don't have the low visitor seating where you couldn't see over the players anymore, they put all new in last year that sits up higher then the old ones, Also a brand new Concession stand and Visitor Locker room on the Visitors side.

Not saying we have one of the greatest fields, but we definitely don't have a bad one.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Still wish the Portsmouth Trojans played in Spartan. Very fond memories watching some great Trojan teams in that stadium. A lot of extra mojo in that venue. The Trojans, oddly enough, haven't been the same since they left. New stadium is great but, nothing like a Trojan game in Spartan Stadium.

Would love the idea of them doing one game a year in Spartan. Like a big rival. Hell, even a jamboree game with Notre Dame in Spartan would draw a big gate.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WHAT A GRAND PLACE THATSPARTAN STADIUM WAS AS WELL TROJAN, SEEN SOME OF MY FAVORITE GAMES THERE N THE TANK. BUT IT JUST GOT DANGEROUS AND WORN OUT.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

at ironton in my opinion they need to build a more modern visitors locker room right onto that end of the stadium, just extend the old locker room, enhance the speakers and address the visitors side. but I love the covered stadium, the setting and the home locker room was older but an awesome place.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

TrojanXplosion wrote:Still wish the Portsmouth Trojans played in Spartan. Very fond memories watching some great Trojan teams in that stadium. A lot of extra mojo in that venue. The Trojans, oddly enough, haven't been the same since they left. New stadium is great but, nothing like a Trojan game in Spartan Stadium.

Would love the idea of them doing one game a year in Spartan. Like a big rival. Hell, even a jamboree game with Notre Dame in Spartan would draw a big gate.
I would love to see them have maybe a Scioto Co. teams preview or something. Have it on a Saturday all day long. I think it would be awesome.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

BurgGrad6 wrote:Best
Portsmouth- nice visitor and home seats
Valley- no fence, awesome.
Logan- probably the most comfortable seating

Worst
Fairland- smells like a meth lab.
East- ran down, bad.
Ironton worst parking, terrible seating, bad sound, no room to stand.
If Ironton is on the worst list the Burg would have to be right beside it for the same reasons plus a hill you have to climb to get to the field. at least Ironton has enough seats for most of it games.
My list for the best in SEO Jackson, Logan, Portsmouth, Valley, Ironton and Rock Hill. Some of the best in the state over all for small schools are in SEO. You have some really nice place's down there.

Return to “Football”