Minford 19 West 16

Westfan
SEOP

Re: WK6 West (2-3) @ Minford (4-1)

Post by Westfan »

vladimir wrote: I'm not buying West is beat up and down to 2nd and 3rd string skill position players. Methinks they're playing opossum like they were 2013 and ready to smack Minford in the mouth when a 2-3 West team beat a 5-0 Minford team 35-28. It's the beginning of SOCII play and I expect nothing less, so Minford better have their chin straps
West lost two tailbacks in or before the scrimmages. One of the two fullbacks has missed about 3 games. Then the quarterback last week. Linegar has done a good job at tailback but it looked early like Johnson wanted to use him more as a Z to use his speed on the outside. These are corners, linebackers, and safeties on a D5 team. At no time this year have they been full strength. Every team has injuries, but 2 colarbones and a knee this early is sour luck.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Minford needs good Special Teams play to win this game.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Westfan wrote:
vladimir wrote: I'm not buying West is beat up and down to 2nd and 3rd string skill position players. Methinks they're playing opossum like they were 2013 and ready to smack Minford in the mouth when a 2-3 West team beat a 5-0 Minford team 35-28. It's the beginning of SOCII play and I expect nothing less, so Minford better have their chin straps
West lost two tailbacks in or before the scrimmages. One of the two fullbacks has missed about 3 games. Then the quarterback last week. Linegar has done a good job at tailback but it looked early like Johnson wanted to use him more as a Z to use his speed on the outside. These are corners, linebackers, and safeties on a D5 team. At no time this year have they been full strength. Every team has injuries, but 2 colarbones and a knee this early is sour luck.
Losing 3 starters who probably play both ways in D5 is a big gap to bridge! Are they expected back soon or season enders?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

QB may be done for the year I heard. Hate that, he's very good.

Made some wild plays against my Trojans.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ I'll believe it when I see it.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

vladimir wrote:^ I'll believe it when I see it.
Just look at the visitor sideline Friday and see all the kids in street clothes.

markymark1969
Freshman Team

Post by markymark1969 »

Minford is hot right now and McCormick and Compton are playing at a high level. West's defense will keep them in the game. The Senators must establish a running game to keep them from being one dimensional with a back-up quarterback. I wonder if Minford will be able to match the physicality of West - if they can they should be able to close the deal.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I am going to make a bold prediction for my ole buddy Oaf, and put a wager on it for closest to the real score. Lets say a beer at the OSU/scUM game this year.

West 21
Minford 24

Are you up for the challenge Oaf??

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Minford wins this one BIG! That #2 (not sure on the name) on Minford's team is one heck of a ball player on both sides of the ball but mostly offense! I don't think too many guys in the tri-state can handle him?????

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Bleeding Red wrote:I am going to make a bold prediction for my ole buddy Oaf, and put a wager on it for closest to the real score. Lets say a beer at the OSU/scUM game this year.

West 21
Minford 24

Are you up for the challenge Oaf??
Always! :lol: :lol: (but I'll be drunk anyway!)

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

BigBlueNation wrote:
Vladimir wrote:^ I'll believe it when I see it.
Just look at the visitor sideline Friday and see all the kids in street clothes.

I'm not saying I don't believe people, I'm just having flashbacks from 2013. Very similar situation, West was 2-3 and supposedly beat up and was facing a 5-0 healthy Minford team. West won 35-28.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

It begins and ends upfront in this one. This will be the most physical team Minford has faced since Rock Hill. Minford has made some personnel changes up front on both sides of the ball that has helped. As a poster said earlier the corners and safeties will need to come up and hit someone Friday night or it could be a long one. On the other side of the ball, Minford's offensive play calling has really came along. McCormick is looking more poised in the pocket and finding ways to get the ball down field. If they can get the ball going through the air then Compton will have a field day running the ball. Hopefully we finally get some good weather for this game. It seems like every year its always a raining mess! Good luck and health to both teams!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

At Minford and West without their QB. Have to go with Minford.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

West finds a way!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Think this one will be low scoring like last year.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Whodey wrote:It begins and ends upfront in this one. This will be the most physical team Minford has faced since Rock Hill. Minford has made some personnel changes up front on both sides of the ball that has helped. As a poster said earlier the corners and safeties will need to come up and hit someone Friday night or it could be a long one. On the other side of the ball, Minford's offensive play calling has really came along. McCormick is looking more poised in the pocket and finding ways to get the ball down field. If they can get the ball going through the air then Compton will have a field day running the ball. Hopefully we finally get some good weather for this game. It seems like every year its always a raining mess! Good luck and health to both teams!

Is Compton #2?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

No

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Bleeding Red wrote:No
Oh because that kid is a beast and he'll be the one to watch out for! Like I stated before, I'm not too sure anybody in the tri-state area can handle him alone or maybe even double teamed? :roll:

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

I think Minford gets more balanced by the week. I would like to see Minford get a couple 3 and outs on the first few West drives. This will be a good game to measure how much Minford has improved vs. physical teams since the Rock Hill game.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Piratefan2 wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:No
Oh because that kid is a beast and he'll be the one to watch out for! Like I stated before, I'm not too sure anybody in the tri-state area can handle him alone or maybe even double teamed? :roll:
Not sure where you're going with this post.......

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

Return to “Football”