SEO Allsar game?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

SEO Allsar game?

Post by Orange and Brown »

What do you guys think of having a Allstar game with just players from southeastern Ohio? :?: :?:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

In basketball, back when their was a unified TVC, there used to be a basketball all-star game between the TVC schools vs. the SEOAL schools. I'm not sure how many years this game was played, but I seem to remember watching one when I was in junior high. I think '92-'93 was the last year this game was played because I think when the TVC split into divisions in '93-'94, it turned into a TVC OHIO vs. TVC HOCKING all-star game.

10mike
Riding the Bench

Post by 10mike »

I would love to see a SE Ohio All Star game. You could find a date to play the game on that wouldn't conflict with other sports. Many all star games are played in June which prevents the potential conflicts. The players could be selected by the coaches. The location could be at somewhere really nice such as Jackson, Oak Hill or Lucasville Valley. There use to be a game similar to this that was played in Chillicothe. There is no reason that this thing couldn't be put together.

10mike
Riding the Bench

Post by 10mike »

Conferences affiliated with the game could be: SEOAL, TVC, OVC, SOC, SVC and Independents. We could call it the South Eastern Ohio North/South All Star Game.

North Teams: Logan, Marietta, Athens, Chillicothe, Alexander, Warren, etc.

South Teams: Jackson, Ironton, Portsmouth, South Gallia, Gallia Academy, etc.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

you would need a corporate sponsorer. Insurance or Hospital
The game would need to be played at Jackson to be central.
I would love to help. I think this would be a great Idea.

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

There was a Central Ohio All Star game played in June at Lancaster Fulton Field.They may still do it, Im not sure. It was pretty neat though.It had schools from the MSL, and LHS, Pickerington etc...I/m not sure what boudaries they used, but I think they may have even had kids from Heath and Granville.I know for sure the surrounding schools were inclued--Liberty Union, Fairfiel Union, Amanda, Fisher, PHS, LHS, Millersport, BC, CW, etc...
I'm not sure who sponsored it, but it was played on a Sat. evening , usually mid-way through June. It was a good way for true fans to get their fix in the summer.
I don't see why SEO couldn't do something like this.I believe they picked an entire staff from a selected school to coach each team, and that team practiced at the staff's school for one week
If anyone is familiar with the OVAC, then you know what a top-notch All-Star game is. They have been doing it for years. The game is played on Wheeling Island and the teams pracitce at West Liberty, actually staying in the dorms. They even have an all-star band that stays at West Lib also and puts on a really good presentation.They even have a pageant, picking a queen from the participating schools. It's a very big deal, and has a lot of coorporate sponsors.Believe me, they have no problem getting sponsors, b/c it's a big attraction and a good marketing tool. The game features OH vs WV.It is also played in June.
SEO could put together a very nice all-star game, and there's absolutely NO reason they couldn't do it, within the OHSAA guidelines , of course.Someone just needs to put it together and do it.

BelEagle79
Waterboy

Post by BelEagle79 »

There is also the BACF ( Battle Against Cystic Fibrosis) all star game in SE Ohio. Its teams from the Washington, Athens, Meigs, Monroe , Noble County and other areas vs teams from WV.

This year the game is June 13th at Warren Local HS. The Ohio coach is from Shenendoah sp? HS.

We also have a basketball version of the BACF game which is held in March and will be at Parkersburg South HS in WV this year.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

The Fulton Field game has turned into the Mid-Ohio All-Star Game at Canal Winchester HS in June. It involves all three divisions of the MSL, Westfall from the SVC, Lancaster, the Pickerington schools and a sprinkling of players from the east side OCC schools, along with players from Nelsonville and Logan. It's an all-star game. Stadium is half full but it does help the football fix for the diehards.

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

thanks bman--used to go to the one at Fulton.You're right--never much attendance

Return to “Football”