Who Will Win The Soc II In 2008?????

the lone ranger
Riding the Bench

Re: Who Will Win The Soc II In 2008?????

Post by the lone ranger »

Trooper wrote:
the lone ranger wrote:Or maybe I meant that Minfords team from last year would win the SOC this year and this years Minford team will be almost as good as them.

Sorry, but I don't think Minford's team from last season would be able to win the title this season, either.

How do you figure? Minford's only 2 loses last year came from Burg by 6 points and to Waverly who played one of the best games I've ever seen. So they were 6 points away from being Tri-Champs. Everyone in the SOC is losing alot with the exception of West. So I would say the team from last year could win it this year but thats neither here or there.

the lone ranger
Riding the Bench

As for 2008 I agree with GOF IMO the SOC will look like this next year

1.Minford or Burg
3.Waverly
4.West
5.Valley
6.NW

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

In my oppinion I think the burg has the potential to be better than they were last yr. Their jr class is one of the more talented classes to come through the burg for a while. They return a lot of players on D that either started or saw a lot of playing time. they lost a lot on offense but I think the skilled players could turn out to be better than last yr. Their running game could be very good with the backs they have returning plus Lang will run a lot from the qb spot. New coach? Oline?

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Minford has the potential to be better next season than last, but as always they are being counted out. We have come to be used to that around here, and thats what makes years like last year so sweet. Everyone told the Falcons they couldn't do it, but they did. I know they didn't win the SOC, but any year you make the playoffs it is a good year. I am glad to see that some ppl on here are providing the those Mighty Minford Falcons some excellent bulletin board material. So just go ahead, count us out, but even when we do good, count us out again the next year, it's ok no skin off the back of the Minford faithful, we never have really cared what other ppl thought we could or couldn't do. :122245

burgtown2008
Riding the Bench

Post by burgtown2008 »

There will be a lot of give and take over the next several months,on this subject but when the dust clears it will be the BURG!

burgfan2
Waterboy

Post by burgfan2 »

Like said above, Wheelersburg has alot of experience coming back. You guys just look at the main positions. The qb rb and wr. Lang is a good qb and has experience there at the varsity level in big games. If you guys remember he came in alot and ran the option. Walker and Craigmiles will be fine in the backfield. I'd say you won't see a smuch of the option we have become acustome to. You gusy will be suprised how good Wheelersburg will be.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

ironfalcon don't take this the wrong way, I am really not trying to start anything on here with you but if you look at minfords football program over the last 30 yrs I don't think consistancy would be the word you would use. You will probably disagree but this is how I have seen it. Minford has an extremely good class come through about once every 10 yrs. When that class are juniors they are very competive and usually finish 7-3, 8-2 area. When there seniors there the class of the area,9-1, 10-0 area but when they leave the next year minford falls back to the 3-5 win territory. Has minford ever won 7 or more games 3 yrs in a row? Everyone seems to think a lot of Daniels and his staff and he might be the man to build a program that can compete every year but until the falcons feild competative teams for 3-4 yrs in a row then you are going to have a lot of skeptics.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

fbnut wrote:ironfalcon don't take this the wrong way, I am really not trying to start anything on here with you but if you look at minfords football program over the last 30 yrs I don't think consistancy would be the word you would use. You will probably disagree but this is how I have seen it. Minford has an extremely good class come through about once every 10 yrs. When that class are juniors they are very competive and usually finish 7-3, 8-2 area. When there seniors there the class of the area,9-1, 10-0 area but when they leave the next year minford falls back to the 3-5 win territory. Has minford ever won 7 or more games 3 yrs in a row? Everyone seems to think a lot of Daniels and his staff and he might be the man to build a program that can compete every year but until the falcons feild competative teams for 3-4 yrs in a row then you are going to have a lot of skeptics.

Trust me, I would be the first to admit that consistency hasn't been good in Minford. I just think that after a good year, and bringing a good core group of players back that these kids deserve more respect than they are getting. Yes, they did lose alot to graduation, but they bring some good players back, even one all-state special mention selection in Aaron Ostrowski. They should be able to do very well this coming year.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

IRONFALCON wrote:
fbnut wrote:ironfalcon don't take this the wrong way, I am really not trying to start anything on here with you but if you look at minfords football program over the last 30 yrs I don't think consistancy would be the word you would use. You will probably disagree but this is how I have seen it. Minford has an extremely good class come through about once every 10 yrs. When that class are juniors they are very competive and usually finish 7-3, 8-2 area. When there seniors there the class of the area,9-1, 10-0 area but when they leave the next year minford falls back to the 3-5 win territory. Has minford ever won 7 or more games 3 yrs in a row? Everyone seems to think a lot of Daniels and his staff and he might be the man to build a program that can compete every year but until the falcons feild competative teams for 3-4 yrs in a row then you are going to have a lot of skeptics.

Trust me, I would be the first to admit that consistency hasn't been good in Minford. I just think that after a good year, and bringing a good core group of players back that these kids deserve more respect than they are getting. Yes, they did lose alot to graduation, but they bring some good players back, even one all-state special mention selection in Aaron Ostrowski. They should be able to do very well this coming year.

Not to mention the return of the quarterback, and ALOT of speed at running back.

the lone ranger
Riding the Bench

With some good receivers in Shaz Malone and Corey McKnight, along with the biggest guy in the SOC in Ethan Hockett

pirates #1
Waterboy

Post by pirates #1 »

Defenitly Burg, with their fastest quarterback yet, Tyler Lang, they will go all the way, using the option every time.

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

if im not mistaken against minford. Lang ran the option 2/3 plays within the 5 against minford an WETSU. Pretty much was a replica of a Gator Lead an didnt excute to well. Just throwin that out there though

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

OST wrote:if im not mistaken against minford. Lang ran the option 2/3 plays within the 5 against minford an WETSU. Pretty much was a replica of a Gator Lead an didnt excute to well. Just throwin that out there though

Yeah but its harder to score the closer you get to the endzone...defenses dont have to work with the wide open field thus tighten up.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

In weeks 9 and 10 he carried the ball 8 times for 5 tds. He will be hard to handle in 08. The only downside is if he starts at qb I don't think he will play D, which will take one heck of a defender off the feild.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

I heard he may not even be QB this year. That he may stay at wideout and someone else run QB. Is this true?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I don't really have any ties to the team, I am just a former player and fan but I would be shocked if Lang is not the starting qb for the burg the next 2 yrs. Unless one heck of a qb moves in I can't imagine a scenerio where they can be a better team with someone else at qb.

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

fbnut wrote:In weeks 9 and 10 he carried the ball 8 times for 5 tds. He will be hard to handle in 08. The only downside is if he starts at qb I don't think he will play D, which will take one heck of a defender off the feild.
Didn't Spradlin play some defense this past season?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

maybe a handful of plays that I can remember. It's very rare the burg plays their qb on D.

burgfan2
Waterboy

Post by burgfan2 »

Ok You must be just trying to stir up stuff with Wheelersbug because that's a bunch of crap saying Lang wouldn't be the qb next year. Honestly lets think about this. The wb from last was a senior he is not longer there. Lang is a sophomore the junior class had to have a qb which was Shankwiler and do you really want to put him back at wb when he is a heck of a running back? I doubt that, plus he hasn't played qb since his freshman year. Then below Lang is the other Shankwiler who is supposed to be a good qb but why throw a sophomore qb in there with no game experience with a new head coach. Wheelersburg has enough skill players to fill about three teams so I wouldn't think they would neeed Lang anywhere else.

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Didn't Kemper QB the JV team

Return to “Football”