Has anything been done at River Valley?

boogerred
All State

Re: Has anything been done at River Valley?

Post by boogerred »

Tick-tock. Tick-tock.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

red, are you implying that there is a bomb somewhere?

Do you have some hidden knowledge that we don't? Are you implying that there is a coaching candidate who wants to go to the long passing game (the long bomb)?

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

The longer they string this thing out the more difficult it will be for the incoming coach to be successful! Success is what they are shooting for at RV, isn't it?

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

Everyone wants success, not just RV. I do not think that the decision is going to be made prior to April. It does not appear to be a priority issue with the administration or the Board. I would think that the Board would be applying some pressure at this point to move this thing off-center. The clock is ticking and they are already hamstringing the new coach.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

IMO Good Luck to who ever gets the job??? IMO to many chiefs not enough indians!!!I heard it was the grave yard for coaches!!! :roll: What ever happen to the good old days KC,NG,SW,HTect!!!They had some players back in the day??? Like I said good luck!!!

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Bballin fool....they had some good coaches too. John Blake at North Gallia was top notch.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Hey!!! Your right!!!! it's hard to get coaches that can get the respect from the player!!!And getting them to believe in you, and your program!!! Knowing how to built players up and not tearing them down!!! that is how respect starts!!!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Is this normal for RV? How late have the previous coaches been hired?

Sorry but the days of the old SVAC are gone for good. Actually was good small school league. I think if the current play-off system was in place there would have been an SVAC team in the play-offs just about every year. Heck I think all of the Gallia County Local Schools would have made the play-offs at one time or another. Oh well, that was the past, onto the future!

GOOD LUCK RAIDERS! 8)

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Your right the past is gone !!!But the game will never change !!! That is why good coaches is a must!!! Not for the pay check or just to keep some one happy!!! I know it's hard in SE OHIO. but some one has got to start other than Ironton !!! I mean along the river!!!

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

I do think that this way is the norm at RV. I remember in between my Junior and Senior years that we didn't even see coach Triplett until June of 1995.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Triplett!!! MR.weight man, Had a good weight program at RV right???

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Triplett knew how to get kids into the weight room and get them excited about it.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I think Coach Triplett had to move from Montana plus the previous coach did not resign untill the middle of April from what I have been told.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Any word on how soon the Gallia County Local School District will actually post the job opening and make the search official?

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

I am fairly sure the job was posted this week and the decision is possibly set for April.

Good luck to all of the applicants. I hope the administration considers all of the its options and hires a qualified coach soon. It would be great for RV to turn the program around. Despite their recent records, the team lost a lot of talented skill players this season. The new coach will need a lot of time to identify potential skills, train players and develop position players.

I feel confident that there is a complete team remaining but they may lack experience. The right person could use this season not only to field a respectable team but to build for the future. The players are anxious just as we are. Many are waiting to hear the decision before making those mental and physical commitments that are necessary to prepare themselves for the upcoming season. As I said earlier the decision needs to be made sooner rather than later.

For those administrators and Board member who read this forum, please give this matter the attention it needs!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Very good post Sandman! River Valley is not the only program that has not hired a coach yet.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Are they still accepting applications/ Resumes?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

As for still taking candidates I would guess they are. Hope something gets done soon for the kids sake.

Good Luck Raiders! Want to wish who ever gets the RV job the best 8)

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

anything new?

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

WOW!!!Know coach yet???

Return to “Football”