Why will Vincent Warren NOT be in the TVC?

Army
S

Post by Army »

ironman02 wrote:Army,

Yes, Jackson is a charter member. Yes, I don't personally see them leaving. However, I haven't said that it's not a possibility. I don't know how many times I have to say that before you actually understand it.

I'm not gonna play the "what if" game regarding Warren, Marietta, or Ironton because I honestly don't have any idea what will happen. I'm just going to wait and see how things play out.

I do hope that Chillicothe is here to stay. However, some of the things you have been posting don't correspond with what you've just said. You've talked about Chillicothe moving to the MSL, SCOL, or even going to independent recently if the SEOAL loses Marietta, Warren, and Ironton...or even if they just lose one or two of those schools.

No....we know we are losing Athens, Zanesville and maybe or should I suggest, most likely Ironton. If Marietta leaves to join Zanesville in forming that league and Warren Local leaves to go back to the TVC, Chillicothe has said recently they will stay. Leaving us with a 5 team SEOAL. But...Chillicothe said, that if Portsmouth goes so will our CAVS. And you can bet Chillicothe will be looking at other leagues like the MSL-Buckeye or SCOL if the SEOAL widdles down to 5 teams. And I would suggest the other teams to do the same. Instead of waiting to the last minute incase the league would fold.

I just hope if we have 7 teams which most likely could be the case in less than 2 years from now, that we play an out right schedule like it used to be in the SEOAL. That would be 6 football games, 12 Basketball and Baseball games, SEOAL Track Meet, SEOAL Wrestling Match, 12 or 6 Volleyball games, 12 Soccer games, 12 Softball Games, SEOAL Golf Tournament, 6 Boys and Girls Tennis Matches, CC SEOAL Meet, Chillicothe, Portsmouth and I think Marietta has swimming teams and Chillicothe has OHSAA Boys and Girls Bowling Teams.

I have a feeling the SEOAL if we all stay put in 2 years from now will be :

Chillicothe D3
Jackson D2
Portsmouth D4
Gallipolis D4
Logan D2
Vincent Warren Local D3
Marietta D2

As far as I have heard, both Chillicothe and Portsmouth have no problems when it comes to traveling. I think the SEOAL can wotrk out events like Saturday Night Games in B-Ball and certain other sports.

I kind of like the 7 team SEOAL set up if it turns out that way.
Chillicothe will begin playing an MSL-Buckeye Team in 2009:

Week 1 Hamilton TWP D2 is secured
Week 2 they are trying to get an MSL-Ohio team, Bexley D3
Week 3 Wilmington D3 from the Fort Ancient League is secured
Week 4 try for Greenfield McClain D3 who is in a 7 team league

Later when those contracts are expired or renewed, we can work on getting more local teams in our back yard. Like Circleville D3 again.....a once big rival non-league game for Chillicothe.

Waverly D3 from the SOC II.....would be a local game.

And some SCOL and MSL-Buckeye Teams, like Logan Elm, Washington C.H., Miami Trace, Teays Valley.

Heck even McArthur Vinton County from the TVC-Ohio if they will step up and play us.

ARMY :-D

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

I hold the unique perspective of having played in the TVC and SEOAL at Warren. Victories were just much more difficult to come by in the SEOAL, and please understand this is not a slap at the TVC - the level of competition in the SEOAL is much more intense in all sports as the schools are just bigger and have a deeper pool of kids to field teams from, for the most part.

I like things just the way they are - I would be very disapointed if Warren were to step back into the TVC.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

gahs4ever wrote:FACT: The only SEOAL schools the TVC has taken are schools that couldnt compete in the SEOAL.

1) At the time Meigs left the SEOAL following consolidation (Pomeroy/Middleport/Rutland) in 1967, they did have a winning league record at 53-47-2 but only 1 SEOAL football title in 16 years.

2) At the time Nelsonville-York left the SEOAL following consolidation in 1967, the Buckeyes went 1-19 in three SEOAL seasons before leaving. Prior to that, Nelsonville had a 44-330-12 league mark from 1925 1966 with 0 football championships.

3) Wellston was also a charter SEOAL member, departing after the 1981 season with a league record of 140-223 and 6 championships in 57 years.

4) Although not leaving for the TVC, Waverly was in the league from 1970-82 and compiled a 15-72-1 league record with 0 football championships in 12 years.

5) Also River Valley was in the league from 1994-2002 and went 11-43 with 0 football championships, although they did own at least one league win over every SEOAL school except Jackson.

6) Point Pleasant was in the league from 1996-2003 and compiled a respectible 26-28 league mark although with 0 league championships.

If you want to see tradition and stability, the "Big Three" on the other hand all have over 300 league wins each and 59 football championships.

As Spanky would say...NUFF SAID!

PS Conversely, Marietta joined the league in 1985 and in spite of their numbers have only gone 45-82 but they do have 3 championships. Warren came in the following year in 1986 and has fared slightly better in the won/loss column at 50-73 but only owns 1 SEOAL football championship.

You must remember in Nelsonville-Yorks case that Dave Boston had only had the Program for a couple of years. If Nelsonville would have stayed in the SEAOL he would have still turned things around and they would be winning today. Other than Ironton how many schools have one a state championship in the SEOAL? (0) Paint on the Wall Baby
GO BUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I didn't think what you said was a slap in the face. You are right Ny and VC are happy in the TVC. I like the SEAOL and I want it to Keep getting better. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Army
S

Post by Army »

gahs4ever wrote:FACT: The only SEOAL schools the TVC has taken are schools that couldnt compete in the SEOAL.

1) At the time Meigs left the SEOAL following consolidation (Pomeroy/Middleport/Rutland) in 1967, they did have a winning league record at 53-47-2 but only 1 SEOAL football title in 16 years.

2) At the time Nelsonville-York left the SEOAL following consolidation in 1967, the Buckeyes went 1-19 in three SEOAL seasons before leaving. Prior to that, Nelsonville had a 44-330-12 league mark from 1925 1966 with 0 football championships.

3) Wellston was also a charter SEOAL member, departing after the 1981 season with a league record of 140-223 and 6 championships in 57 years.

4) Although not leaving for the TVC, Waverly was in the league from 1970-82 and compiled a 15-72-1 league record with 0 football championships in 12 years.

5) Also River Valley was in the league from 1994-2002 and went 11-43 with 0 football championships, although they did own at least one league win over every SEOAL school except Jackson.

6) Point Pleasant was in the league from 1996-2003 and compiled a respectible 26-28 league mark although with 0 league championships.

If you want to see tradition and stability, the "Big Three" on the other hand all have over 300 league wins each and 59 football championships.

PS Conversely, Marietta joined the league in 1985 and in spite of their numbers have only gone 45-82 but they do have 3 championships. Warren came in the following year in 1986 and has fared slightly better in the won/loss column at 50-73 but only owns 1 SEOAL football championship.

You stated...."The only SEOAL schools the TVC has taken are schools that couldnt compete in the SEOAL."

They could but chose to go a route that they could give there kids in all sports a fair playing field. Football was not the main reason. So your statement has holes in it. It's bull.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

You left out Athens They have 12 titles. But them leaving has a lot more to do with respect and whats best for there student athletes then not being able to compete.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Army wrote:

You stated...."The only SEOAL schools the TVC has taken are schools that couldnt compete in the SEOAL."

They could but chose to go a route that they could give there kids in all sports a fair playing field. Football was not the main reason. So your statement has holes in it. It's bull.

The main thing is they didn't get throwed out.

Now that is funny right there--^^^

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

:-D LOL :-D

Army
S

Post by Army »

Gahs4ever,

Your right they didn't. Let's see the up-coming SEOAL in ten years from 2006. Hmmmm.....Chillicothe verses fellow SEOAL fOOTBALL Teams since joining the league in 2006.

1. Gallipolis 2-0-...You all come to Chilli this year :shock: :-D :lol:
We are 4-0 in Basketball....1-1 in Baseball....3-1 in Soccer....Our Girls have dominated your Lady Angels...except Volleyball and Softball....so yeah I think we will just be fine in this new League of ours.

2. Ironton 1-1

3. Jackson 1-1

4. Logan 1-1......See you all at the Hernstein in week 10 Noreply66, where our record shows the results since playing you starting in the early 90's :shock: :-D :lol: :lol:

5. Marietta 1-1

6. Zanesville 1-1

7. The Plains Athens 2-0

8. Vincent Warren Local 0-0

9. Portsmouth 1-1

Lets see since joining this SEOAL in 2006 we have won, 4 SEOAL Championships.

Won the South in Football in 2006 :-D
2 in Girls Tennis :-D
1 in Boys Basketball :-D
1 in Soccer :-D

In the 2007-2008 season:
Are most likely headed for the DOC in Boys and Girls B-Ball this season
Are Most likely to play for the DOC in Boys Tennis
Girls Track have a opportunity for the SEOAL Crown
Boys Baseball have an opportunity this year for the SEOAL Crown

Gahs4ever and Noreply66,
How many so called SEOAL Championships did your Blue Devils and Chieftians win in the 1925-1926 seasons :?: :-D

:lol: LOL :lol:
Last edited by Army on Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

:-D Thats great for Chilli :-D

Army
S

Post by Army »

Orange and Brown wrote::-D Thats great for Chilli :-D

Orange and Brown,

I know....that's why we will stay in this league unless the situation we have discussed on here falls apart and Portsmouth leaves. So would our CAVS. It's like waking a sleeping Giant. This years Football Team will be more ready and will most likely be in the mix to win the SEOAL if they play to there potential. Our SEOAL Games will make or brake us. The great thing is, we have Ironton and Logan at home. Gallipolis we are not to worried about. :-D

We have the Blue Devils at home and Vincent Warren Local. This will be our first meeting against the Warriors.

The gut check will be Zanesville away.

Portsmouth away-(our rival game), who we have played since 1898.

And Jackson away, they are tuff at home.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Army,

I don't think Chillicothe needs to worry about the SEOAL going down to 4 teams. If that would happen, then I wouldn't blame them for looking at other options. I just don't see it though.

Also, it's nice to see that you're not including that "South Championship" as an SEOAL Championship anymore.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

The SEOAL will be stable by 2010, It may lose 1 or 2 more teams but thats it.

Army
S

Post by Army »

ironman02 wrote:Army,

I don't think Chillicothe needs to worry about the SEOAL going down to 4 teams. If that would happen, then I wouldn't blame them for looking at other options. I just don't see it though.

Also, it's nice to see that you're not including that "South Championship" as an SEOAL Championship anymore.

I will be glad when we reduce down too. I still think we will be 7 teams within 2-3 years. Then we can throw all that division stuff out the window and lets play a round robin schedule.

Likewise, everybody plays each other in Football. :-D

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

gahs4ever wrote:Once again the feeble minded brings Chillicothe into a conversation that is about TVC schools.

My argument is not bull as you say, because the numbers are right there in front of you. Please go get someone to read them to you if you cant read. And I wonder what you mean by a "fair playing field?"

As for Athens and their 12 football titles; I think if you will check, the last one was in 1990, 18 years ago, and with the exception of the Grant Gregory years, they have been down for most of that time.

I agree that at one time Athens was one of the dominant programs in the SEOAL in more than one sport.
You had left athens out and they are now a TVC school thats all. Nothing was intended by it.

Army
S

Post by Army »

gahs4ever wrote:Once again the feeble minded brings Chillicothe into a conversation that is about TVC schools.

My argument is not bull as you say, because the numbers are right there in front of you. Please go get someone to read them to you if you cant read. And I wonder what you mean by a "fair playing field?"

As for Athens and their 12 football titles; I think if you will check, the last one was in 1990, 18 years ago, and with the exception of the Grant Gregory years, they have been down for most of that time.

I agree that at one time Athens was one of the dominant programs in the SEOAL in more than one sport.

All, we now have to be child like and call names. Well you seem to be the know it all on here, and must be the Jennia in the bottle that has all answers for all leagues. We were talking the TVC and yes I know a little about the Conference since Wellston has been in it since 1982. So what's your point. We were discussing the TVC throughout this thread ABOUT Warren Local. I assume Gallipolis is not in the TVC either right. :roll:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

:-D Don't make me turn this car around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

Orange and Brown wrote: :-D Don't make me turn this car around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really think if all the TVC-Ohio Schools had a sit down with Vincent Warren Local and listened to all points, then listen to Warrens request it might happen. But someone has to make the request to meet :-D

Army
S

Post by Army »

gahs4ever wrote:A

The topic is Warren leaving for the TVC. As such I went to our football program and cited other SEOAL schools who historically left the SEOAL for the TVC and why and was engaged in a conversation with N-Y about this when you butted in with another Chillicothe chest-thumping post.

Neither Chillicothe nor GAHS have anything to do with this thread, and my contributions to it have only been within the context of past SEOAL schools who have left for the TVC.

Can you comprehend that?

Look at the post above. What did I just mention. Point Made :!: :-D

Can you comprehend that? Or are you just into name calling?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Army wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote: :-D Don't make me turn this car around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really think if all the TVC-Ohio Schools had a sit down with Vincent Warren Local and listened to all points, then listen to Warrens request it might happen. But someone has to make the request to meet :-D
I think you are right. but I also think that warren seems to be happy in the SEOAL. I would love to see them in the TVC, but ib the end it's what is best for warren and there student athletes.

Return to “Football”