Who might be the next to leave in the SEOAL?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Don't want to tick anybody off but if TVC Ohio offered I think GAHS might take it.There numbers are shrinking and the TVC would be a good fit. :-D

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I disagree. I don't think GAHS wants to go anywhere. It's true that their numbers are decreasing, but they compete very well in the current SEOAL. A move to the TVC isn't something I see them doing.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Bit of a stretch I know but I do think it would be great for the TVC, but like warren I supose they are happy right where they are at. :-D :-D

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Army wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:Why does everyone seem to hate Logan..... I guess the old saying is true. Its lonely at the top.

Orange and Brown,

No one hates them.....it's just a few from Logan that has made it unfriendly to post real football on here :!: :-D

Instead they have beat the we are champs drum so much and argued that they are it, that everyone else is sick of them. Check back through all the Chillicothe, Gallia Academy and Ironton Football Threads from last year and this past season and count the certain Logan Posters who have invaded those threads and ruined it for everybody on here.

That's All. :-D

Funny I wasn't one of the Logan people that was doing this --but out of the blue you sent me a pm putting me in the middle of it.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Its OK I'm all about the cheifs and the buckeyes :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

The next team to leave the SEOAL will be....Let me use my crystal ball.....No its broke. If Ironton stays then it will stay just how it is for a good while.
P.S.---My cousin who is a coach at Marrietta said it would be news to him if they were leaving. He has taught there for a while and helps coach multible sports. I'm gonna go with him on that one

Army
S

Post by Army »

Orange and Brown wrote:Don't want to tick anybody off but if TVC Ohio offered I think GAHS might take it.There numbers are shrinking and the TVC would be a good fit. :-D

Orange and Brown,

I think Gallipolis would be a great a choice :!:

Better than Vincent Warren Local or Chesire River Valley. I don't think they would leave the SEOAL for the TVC, unless the SEOAL collapsed.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Thats true but I still think it would be great! 8)

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Gallia would not be a good fit. No rivalries established with TVC teams. Their numbers indicate a good fit, I agree, but the SEOAL is a better fit for them. My opinion only.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Zanesville is actively pursuing two options, and if one of those options happens, there could be a major shakeup in southeastern Ohio sports.

Zanesville would like to either join the ECOL or form a brand new league with Marietta and several schools in the OVAC. I am not an insider by any means, but I have heard from more than one person that Zanesville and Marietta have been in discussions with some of the OVAC schools about starting a brand new league. IF that were to happen, I think Warren would leave the SEOAL and either join the TVC, try once again to join the MVL or perhaps follow Marietta, Zanesville, and the OVAC schools to the new league.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I think that we shouldn't assume the worst about the SEOAL. I think by 2010 they will be stable again. When Point and RV left they moved on and were fine and they will do it again. They are not going to gain any new teams and may loose 1 or 2 more but I think they will be just fine. Its hard to bring in new teams cause Travel and how many teams really want to leave there current league. O top of that "the big three " seem to think that they know it all. Who wants to come into a league like that?:-D
Let me Qualify the big three statement. All I hear about is Jackson Logan and GAHS. The problem is The people posting this seem to have forgoten about the other schools who are in the league. If the SEOAL wants to survive then the "big Three" needs to reach out to those other schools rather than remined them how long they have been around and how many titles they have. I know I have made some one mad and that was not my intention, but the SEOAL needs to come together.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Orange and Brown wrote:I think that we shouldn't assume the worst about the SEOAL. I think by 2010 they will be stable again. When Point and RV left they moved on and were fine and they will do it again. They are not going to gain any new teams and may loose 1 or 2 more but I think they will be just fine. Its hard to bring in new teams cause Travel and how many teams really want to leave there current league. O top of that "the big three " seem to think that they know it all. Who wants to come into a league like that?:-D
Let me Qualify the big three statement. All I hear about is Jackson Logan and GAHS. The problem is The people posting this seem to have forgoten about the other schools who are in the league. If the SEOAL wants to survive then the "big Three" needs to reach out to those other schools rather than remined them how long they have been around and how many titles they have. I know I have made some one mad and that was not my intention, but the SEOAL needs to come together.

Orange and Brown,

Outstanding Post :!:

You hit the nail on the head. At least I think the new kids in town have already made some statements. Chillicothe in Football and especially B-Ball. Other sports too.

Portsmouth is 2-0 on Jackson, 0-2 against Logan and 1-1 against Gallipolis.

Ironton is 0-2 against Logan, 1-1 against Gallipolis, 2-0 against Jackson.

Zanesville is 0-2 against Logan in Football. They have not played Gallipolis or Jackson yet. In Basketball Zanesville is 2-0 against Jackson, 4-0 against Logan, and 2-0 against Gallipolis.

Zanesville won the SEOAL in Baseball and Golf.

Marietta and Vincent Warren Local has 23 and 22 years time...with the three amigos.
Last edited by Army on Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Army
S

Post by Army »

gahs4ever wrote:N-Y: The reason I refer to them as The Big Three isnt because I am forgetting anybody. I am simply referring to them as the foundation, the history, and the tradition that has allowed the SEOAL to exist continuously since 1925, longer than any other league in the state in terms of continuous operation.

The Big Three arent any more important or know it alls in any way. I simply mean that teams come and teams go, but the Big Three have been there from the beginning without leaving.

Instead why don't you just use the generic term SEOAL then :!:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Yes the league would do fine with 5 teams but to stay competitive 6 or 7 would be the right nimber. In the early 90's I remember a couple of times that 3 teams one the league. A three way tie? Thats why I think 6or 7 teams at least, but if it is 4 or 5 teams it won't fold. as I have said the SEOAL isn't going anywhere.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

cool thanks for the info. 8)

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Thanks, GAHS4ever, for taking up for Portsmouth and their SEOAL status.

We are indeed very happy, we are going to stay, and if Ironton leaves......WE ARE GOING TO STAY!!!

Ironton and Portsmouth are not joined at the hip.....We do our own thing, and do not walk in Tiger footprints.

As I told GAHS4ever at the game Tuesday, the most annoying thing about this topic is how some people think whatever Ironton does is what Portsmouth does............NOT TRUE!!!

As I stated on another thread about this topic, Athens and Zanesville leaving makes Portsmouth's case to stay in the SEOAL even STRONGER!!!
Last edited by trojandave on Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I think with AHS and ZHS leaving it will cut down on travel for a lot of teams. :-D :-D

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
positivecoach
Waterboy

Post by positivecoach »

unfortunately for Marietta and Warren, having AHS and ZHS leave the league will add to our travel.... bummer

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

positivecoach wrote:unfortunately for Marietta and Warren, having AHS and ZHS leave the league will add to our travel.... bummer

Yea that is a bummer for you guys.How much will you guys improve this year?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

Having some knowledge about the history of the SEOAL, I am still in shock over Athens leaving the league. I still do not see the upside to them leaving. They still competed fairly well in all sports except football and I fault their love of soccer that did them in there. Soccer drains potential skill players in FB out of the program. Eventually this will hurt the football program in a school the size of Athens. Alexander is another example of soccer hurting FB.

I hope the SEOAL is still around in 2024 so that it may celebrate its 100th year of existence. I think it will still be around and be flourishing no matter who is in or who is out. It's a grand old league for sure. I'm still saddened that the old Thanksgiving Day rivalry games no longer exist. When you read about Pomeroy vs Middleport or Jackson vs Wellston on those dates it brings back what HS sports is supposed to be all about. Boy, you talk about friendly rivalry between different communities. Its not the same any more. Ahhh, progress???

Return to “Football”