Is Zanesville leaving the SEOAL after the 2008-2009 season?

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Now, Army...this topic isn't about West Point, Master's Degrees, Wellston, or Nelsonville. It's about Zanesville, remember? Try to stick to the topic.

Army
S

Post by Army »

As stated, it's about Zanesville leaving the SEOAL, a team we will most likely continue to play at Chillicothe in several sports. Why? Because we have a relationship with the Zville. We don't like playing weak opponents like some other schools do in the SEOAL. Especially those schools that are larger than Chillicothe. We like playing against D2 Teams like Zanesville unlike, others who keep Vinton County on there sports schedules :!: :shock: :-D

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I guess you missed my sarcasm. Doesn't surprise me.

I think you already used the Vinton County insult earlier today, though. It doesn't have the same effect the second time around.

I've asked you two or three times now if a series between Chillicothe and Zanesville is actually scheduled or is being worked on for the future. Is it just your opinion or do you KNOW that it is really happening?

Army
S

Post by Army »

Zanesville...a team that should give both your Gallia Academy Blue Devils and Jackson Ironmen a going away SEOAL loss to both your teams this season. :shock: :-D

Don't have poor old Warren Local or Athens this season do you :?:

Oh, I stand corrected, Gallipolis does in Non-League. :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vinton County, Wellston and poor old Point Pleasent too. :roll: :roll:

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Army wrote:Zanesville...a team that should give both your Gallia Academy Blue Devils and Jackson Ironmen a going away SEOAL loss to both your teams this season. :shock: :-D

Don't have poor old Warren Local or Athens this season do you :?:

Oh, I stand corrected, Gallipolis does in Non-League. :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vinton County, Wellston and poor old Point Pleasent too. :roll: :roll:

Just say you don't know whether Zanesville and Chillicothe are actually discussing future plans. By not answering constantly, you're saying that anyway.

It's funny. You like to stick your nose into all kinds of issues and talk about all your possibilities and scenarios. But then you get to a point where you realize that you have nothing left to say. Then you just resort to insulting rival schools and using your little emoticons until some other thread comes along that you can hijack with your nonsense. Why don't you just give up and try to actually discuss SE Ohio sports with the rest of us? Just because you support a rival school doesn't mean that you can't get along with everyone.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Army wrote:As stated, it's about Zanesville leaving the SEOAL, a team we will most likely continue to play at Chillicothe in several sports. Why? Because we have a relationship with the Zville. We don't like playing weak opponents like some other schools do in the SEOAL. Especially those schools that are larger than Chillicothe. We like playing against D2 Teams like Zanesville unlike, others who keep Vinton County on there sports schedules :!: :shock: :-D
Whats wrong with VC. They have a good school and are great people. Are they below Chilli? Sticks and stones

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

To be quite honest, I don't really care what Army thinks. I just get tired of the insults. He grew up in Wellston with a strong dislike for anything Jackson, which is why the Ironmen are one of his favorite targets. I would just let him go when he starts his ramblings, but some people who read this forum might actually think that what he says is the truth in some cases. I'm not ok with letting him slide on stuff like that.

It seems like everyone has finally gotten fed up with his incessant rambling/insulting/fabricating, and they're standing up to him. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I have a lot of respect for Chillicothe's athletic program and their fanbase. I really haven't had a true disagreement with any of them, outside of Army. I feel sorry for the Chillicothe fans who are actually true fans of their program. Army gives them a bad reputation through his actions on here. I'm guilty of bickering back and forth with him, but I don't intentionally set out to cause trouble or start arguments like he does. I just can't resist the temptation to defend by alma mater when he starts dragging its name through the mud just for his amusement.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Zanesville :?:

Army
S

Post by Army »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Army wrote:As stated, it's about Zanesville leaving the SEOAL, a team we will most likely continue to play at Chillicothe in several sports. Why? Because we have a relationship with the Zville. We don't like playing weak opponents like some other schools do in the SEOAL. Especially those schools that are larger than Chillicothe. We like playing against D2 Teams like Zanesville unlike, others who keep Vinton County on there sports schedules :!: :shock: :-D
Whats wrong with VC. They have a good school and are great people. Are they below Chilli? Sticks and stones

Yes, it's a easy game :!: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Both D2 Jackson and D4 Gallipolis plays them :!: :roll:

Easy schedule :!:

Yoo-hoo,
gahs4ever and ironmen02

ZANESVILLE :?:
Last edited by Army on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Army
S

Post by Army »

gahs4ever wrote:Does anybody on here actually give a rat's arse what old blue thinks about anything?

I keep forgetting that Chillicothe is "all that," and Bub, I was growing in in Ross County before you were even born.

You keep talking about all CHS' championships....how many SEOAL football championships? Girls basketball? Baseball? Softball? Etc?

Now for the rest of the Chilly folks, dont get me wrong. I respect Chillicothe a heck of a lot more than your smurf poster respects anyone. Nice of him to come into our league and then just trash everyone and every school while all the time bragging like the braggart he is of all his accomplishments and superior intelligence.

2old was right on the money about you, and I owe him an apology that I will deliver when I see him at the Convo next month.

How many times has Gallipolis defeated Chillicothe in Football and Boys Varsity Basketball since arriving on the scene in the SEOAL mr. centralia :?: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gee...wish we could play Wellston, Vinton County, Athens and Point Pleasent, WV on our NL-Schedule or Waverly, Wellston and Vinton County :?: :-D

Who knows you all could follow Athens too :?: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Yoo-hoo,
gahs4ever and ironmen02

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Army wrote:
gahs4ever wrote:Does anybody on here actually give a rat's arse what old blue thinks about anything?

I keep forgetting that Chillicothe is "all that," and Bub, I was growing in in Ross County before you were even born.

You keep talking about all CHS' championships....how many SEOAL football championships? Girls basketball? Baseball? Softball? Etc?

Now for the rest of the Chilly folks, dont get me wrong. I respect Chillicothe a heck of a lot more than your smurf poster respects anyone. Nice of him to come into our league and then just trash everyone and every school while all the time bragging like the braggart he is of all his accomplishments and superior intelligence.

2old was right on the money about you, and I owe him an apology that I will deliver when I see him at the Convo next month.

How many times has Gallipolis defeated Chillicothe in Football and Boys Varsity Basketball since arriving on the scene in the SEOAL mr. centralia :?: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gee...wish we could play Wellston, Vinton County, Athens and Point Pleasent, WV on our NL-Schedule or Waverly, Wellston and Vinton County :?: :-D

Who knows you all could follow Athens too :?: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Yoo-hoo,
gahs4ever and ironmen02

ARMY,
GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Army
S

Post by Army »

Zanesville leaving :?:

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

im glad im not the only one anymore fed up wth army's seoal armageddon. i left for a week because of his/her hijacking and useless propaganda and future fantasy leagues. at least i know 2old and paladin are just trying to get a reaction. i think army actually believes what he/she is saying.

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Army
S

Post by Army »

qualified101 wrote:im glad im not the only one anymore fed up wth army's seoal armageddon. i left for a week because of his/her hijacking and useless propaganda and future fantasy leagues. at least i know 2old and paladin are just trying to get a reaction. i think army actually believes what he/she is saying.

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Army
S

Post by Army »

The topic is about Zanesville :!:

What did Brutus8907 and popster say about your bitterness on here :?:

Brutus8907 wrote:Im curious.
to be honest, the names you called earlier are very mild. however, IMO, it just goes to show what kind of a "moderator" you are
(lack of a better word).

popster wrote:gahsrever, how in the world could you accuse anyone of "blabbing", when thats all you ever do. other than patting your self on the back. shame on you :( :(

gahs4ever, are you 60 some years old or 6 :?: :roll:

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

I posted this on another thread:

This has got to be one of the most entertaining threads in a while. I am glad to see that there are people out there that don't buy into internet rumors. Yeah, I know Zanesville is leaving and Ironton is thinking about leaving, but who in their right mind didn't think this would happen.

BTW, I totally agree that gas prices are behind this. In 2005 the avergae price was 2.22 per gallon. The reason I reference 2005 is I am assuming that is when the SEOAL expanded to let other schools in.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/04/04/gas.poll/index.html

Today, around 3.00 per gallon.

http://www.ohiogasprices.com/price_by_county.aspx

Forecasts of 4.00 per gallon by this summer.

Now hauling the football team, let's say 2 buses and then the band, in Logan's case 4 or 5 buses. Not sure how big the other schools bands are. I think Jackson has a big band also. That is quite a chunk of change.

When the new schools that came into the SEOAL without any existing rivalries, therefore fans are obviously less likely to travel brings the gates down and I would assume that the gate money pays for the gasoline. Wow, that was quite a run-on sentence, but you get the idea.

It would seem to me that Jackson's admin may have knew something when voting no. I think anyone could see that the SEOAL was too big geographically. Ironton to Zanesville, are you kidding me? School night or not, that is a lot to ask of any fan.

I think the geography will be much better now when Zanesville and possibly Ironton leave. I would guess that Marietta and Chilly are the furthest apart in that scenario. Trip distance: 104.93 miles Time: 2hrs11mins From Yahoo maps. So that is something that will still need to be worked out. Portsmouth is a problem but I think they are just happy to be a part of any league. I am not going to try and create some fantasy league but a restructuring is definitely going to have to happen.

Army
S

Post by Army »

buckfan84 wrote:I posted this on another thread:

This has got to be one of the most entertaining threads in a while. I am glad to see that there are people out there that don't buy into internet rumors. Yeah, I know Zanesville is leaving and Ironton is thinking about leaving, but who in their right mind didn't think this would happen.

BTW, I totally agree that gas prices are behind this. In 2005 the avergae price was 2.22 per gallon. The reason I reference 2005 is I am assuming that is when the SEOAL expanded to let other schools in.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/04/04/gas.poll/index.html

Today, around 3.00 per gallon.

http://www.ohiogasprices.com/price_by_county.aspx

Forecasts of 4.00 per gallon by this summer.

Now hauling the football team, let's say 2 buses and then the band, in Logan's case 4 or 5 buses. Not sure how big the other schools bands are. I think Jackson has a big band also. That is quite a chunk of change.

When the new schools that came into the SEOAL without any existing rivalries, therefore fans are obviously less likely to travel brings the gates down and I would assume that the gate money pays for the gasoline. Wow, that was quite a run-on sentence, but you get the idea.

It would seem to me that Jackson's admin may have knew something when voting no. I think anyone could see that the SEOAL was too big geographically. Ironton to Zanesville, are you kidding me? School night or not, that is a lot to ask of any fan.

I think the geography will be much better now when Zanesville and possibly Ironton leave. I would guess that Marietta and Chilly are the furthest apart in that scenario. Trip distance: 104.93 miles Time: 2hrs11mins From Yahoo maps. So that is something that will still need to be worked out. Portsmouth is a problem but I think they are just happy to be a part of any league. I am not going to try and create some fantasy league but a restructuring is definitely going to have to happen.

buckfan84,

Good Post :!:
It will be interesting that's for sure :!:

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

I say that the school district's send their Transportation bill to are wartime President.WOW!!! like I said earlier post, time to work overtime to watch your kid play in a game.But do you want your kid's playing good competition or mediocre competition.I myself rather my kid play the best competition that their school can set forth on a schedule.If you wanna go Geographical about then Chillicothe should play in the SVC.

Return to “Football”