East 20 Valley 6

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: East @ Valley

Post by greygoose »

BigBlueNation wrote:I keep hearing all this talk about Valley being so young. They have 11 or 12 seniors.
Uh Hu, and did these 11 or 12 seniors have significant playing time over the last few years?? Have they played the entire time?? It's nothing for teams to have 2-3 seniors who simply went out there senior year only or maybe their junior year just to go out and play football for a year or 2. My guess is if they had 11-12 seniors pretty much figure out their playing experience based on this years scores. If it was only as easy as saying, "they have 11-12 seniors what's the problem" but way more goes into it then simply looking at it from that perspective.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

When is the last time East beat Valley?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

mattash wrote:When is the last time East beat Valley?
Besides last year, when was the last time they played..had to be in the early/mid 90s

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Valley lost 20/22 starts from last years team who had 20 seniors who all played from their Soph year on... that doesn't leave a lot of snaps for anyone not in that class, and generally this class at Valley has been down. I think Valley is starting like 12-15 freshman and soph out of the 22 starting spots

This is kind of a measuring stick game to compare SOC1 and 2... worst team in SOC2 this year vs. Best team in SOC1 (arguably)

Didn't East and Valley play all the way up to Valley entering the SOC2 in 2006?

Based on stats and experience East should win going away, but it could be a good game if the ball bounces Valley's way a couple of times early.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Yes they have seniors but most don't play and only a few start

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

East by 4 TD's

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

Before last year, the last time Valley & East played was the last year Valley was in the SOC I which was in 2005. I think Valley won 42-12 or something around that score.

Trojan 90 6&4
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan 90 6&4 »

Valley with the upset.. 20-15

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

When is the last time Valley lost to East? Someone dig up this stat! I think this will be a good game though, the Valley kids will be up and will not want to drop this one.

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

knowledge wrote:When is the last time Valley lost to East? Someone dig up this stat! I think this will be a good game though, the Valley kids will be up and will not want to drop this one.
East had a fairly good team in '91(I think that was the year). Made the playoffs and lost to 'Burg. Probably beat Valley that year.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Good call knowledge...no matter what they lost to graduation, the Valley kids are too proud to just lay down at home for East. This one will be closer than most think.*

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Would it have been 1994 or 1995? I know one of those years East went 9-1 and I think they best Valley.

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

Maybe 1993? I think there was a share for SOC title that year.

amzn
Waterboy

Post by amzn »

East went 10-0 in 1994 and that was probably the last time they beat Valley. This used to be a very good rivalry with many good games and matchups between Crabtree and Daryl Davis at East....But onto tonight, hopefully for East they can use their athletes they have and put some points on the board. I heard they were a little banged up but heading into Wk 5 most teams are dealing with injuries. Valley will be ready to play and DO NOT want to lose this game because if they do, they would likely not win a game this year.
Will this game be streaming on the Valley sports network?

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

Good to see East put it on Valley. East had waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy too many penalties. Lack of discipline will come back to bite East later in the year against good teams if they don't get this fixed. Good win by the Tartans though.

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

Good to see East put it on Valley. East had waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy too many penalties. Lack of discipline will come back to bite East later in the year against good teams if they don't get this fixed. Good win by the Tartans though.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I have never seen so many personal fouls called in a game and there was a lot that they could have called

Blue33
Freshman Team

Post by Blue33 »

Totally agree with way too many penalties, but let's keep it fair and honest....The boys wearing purple were getting some cheap shots in...I watched a Tartan get his head almost punted off after the play was over...so fellas please don't call it one sided..

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Work with a guy who goes to the East games he says the personal foul calls are becoming a theme

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

greygoose wrote:Work with a guy who goes to the East games he says the personal foul calls are becoming a theme
Facts

Return to “Football”