Portsmouth 45 Gallia Academy 14

BleedBlue
Waterboy

Re: Gallia Academy @ Portsmouth

Post by BleedBlue »

Portsmouth98 wrote:
BleedBlue wrote:Even more than just being down, the injury bug hit the Devils pretty hard last week. Several kids out for season. Not flaky injuries either, legitimate surgery needing injuries. Its like poring salt in the wound at this point. As my username state, I'll bleed blue forever, but right now is a very trying time for GA football. Fans, players, and I'm sure coaches too are feeling the frustration about now.

Trojans should take this game easily. I only hope for an injury free game for both sides.
We've been there brother, I'm guessing the last 10 years were about the worst in Trojan history, if we go .500 the rest of the year it will only be our 3rd winning season UN the last 10 years.

It seems that most schools in the area (removing the typical year in and out dominate schools) go through a roller coaster of success vs down years. Sometimes it can be 10 years or maybe in some cases, fewer years. Overall, there is just a pattern of ups and downs. Right now GA is possibly at the low point of the cycle. At least I am trying to remain optimistic that from here on things can only get better!

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

49-14 portsmouth

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Trojan 90 6&4
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan 90 6&4 »

45-14 Trojans

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Great game by the Trojans last night......just like the Rock Hill game from a week ago, the PHS defense bottled up the Blue Devils offense in the second half. Luke Purdy had an outstanding night for Portsmouth, and he showed excellent decision making in the final 40 seconds of the first half which led to a Trojan TD with no timeouts left. Talyn Parker, Austin Lansing, and Ryan Williams all made big contributions to the win. On defense, Blake Wedebrook had 2 interceptions. It's also very encouraging to see the Ruiz kid being very good at kicking extra points. We may need a field goal at some point to win a game.

The Trojans still have 3 goals that are attainable.......a winning season, an OVC title, and a playoff berth. PHS has some tough road games coming up, but they are winnable if they play really good football with a minimum of mistakes.

The sophomore QB for Gallia Academy is going to have a nice career for the Blue Devils.

GO TROJANS!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congratulations to the Trojans. it's great to see their program on the mend dave. I hope this year's game with the tigers will be a true classic. it appears the blue devils of the French city are getting a rough welcome to this year and ovc play. but I'm glad ironton,portsmouth,gallia academy are all getting to maintain their rivalries in the ovc. as well as all the new rivalries building up. the blue fellers will be back. and hopefully get more young'uns out as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”