Wheelersburg 38 Jackson 13

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Game of the Week Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (4-0)

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I think Burg will silence some doubters this week. I look for Burg to control the LOS and come away with a 17 point win. My early pigskin prognostication is:
Jackson 12
Burg 29

omaha1
Waterboy

Post by omaha1 »

Although Jackson has seemed to come into their own with the running game as of late, I think that their QB will be the difference in this game. From what I have seen, he is more than capable of making big throws and slinging the ball around especially outside the hashes. IMO this could be an area of concern if Burg sits back and gives him time to set his feet. I would love to see Burg line up in some press-man with the athletes they have, and send pressure. Jackson's quarterback is very efficient when given time, but has made some mistakes while being pressured. Maybe not the entire game, but in certain situations I think Burg can benefit from moving to man coverage and forcing Jackson's QB make throws with guys in his face.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

This will be the first true test of the year for Burg. This will give us a much better indicator on how good the Pirates are this year. I predict a close game to the final quarter.

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

Jackson has played a tougher schedule and will be ready for Wheelersburg this year unlike last year.

Jackson 28
Wheelersburg 24

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

omaha1 wrote:Although Jackson has seemed to come into their own with the running game as of late, I think that their QB will be the difference in this game. From what I have seen, he is more than capable of making big throws and slinging the ball around especially outside the hashes. IMO this could be an area of concern if Burg sits back and gives him time to set his feet. I would love to see Burg line up in some press-man with the athletes they have, and send pressure. Jackson's quarterback is very efficient when given time, but has made some mistakes while being pressured. Maybe not the entire game, but in certain situations I think Burg can benefit from moving to man coverage and forcing Jackson's QB make throws with guys in his face.
I hear that. He looks pretty solid. I do believe Burg has a good secondary. The question will be how long can they cover and how long Jackson's oline can hold their blocks. Those are two very big factors in this game. If Burg can cover and get a little pressure they will be able to force bad throws. If that happens, Burg can turn this game into a blow out. If not, I think we will see a shoot out.

Inside/outside em
Riding the Bench

Post by Inside/outside em »

Well it's def not going to be a shutout. Both teams will put up points. I like the cal preps 28-26, or maybe 33-27. I give the edge to burg, playing at home, won 3 of 4....but I'm really pulling for my boys to make some plays and fight like men!!

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Gotta agree with cal-preps, since this series renewed there been no close games.. Always a one-sided affair for either team.... Wanna see a game!!! One that comes down to the wire!! Wanna be fired up for 4 quarters!! Cmon Burg and cmon Jackson it's go time!!!

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

The Burg is young also only have 12 seniors and not all of them play some of our skilled position players are sophomores or juniors and I think that our 2 best defensive players are juniors But the seniors who do start are very good #5 #22 #15 are awesome on offense I see Burg winning this one just hoping for a good hard fought game ! GO BURG ! The storm is coming make it rain!

Burg grad 85
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Inside/outside em wrote:Well it's def not going to be a shutout. Both teams will put up points. I like the cal preps 28-26, or maybe 33-27. I give the edge to burg, playing at home, won 3 of 4....but I'm really pulling for my boys to make some plays and fight like men!!
Who said shut out?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well just so you burganites know. ole bait cast his vote and it was orange. so good luck, my buddy andy has a fine program going there in the city of apples. this should be an awesome game.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Ironmen44 wrote:Jackson has played a tougher schedule and will be ready for Wheelersburg this year unlike last year.

What????

You guys didn't think we were coming last year? Lol.

I am glad you think a couple D5 and D6 schools have you prepared lol for us this year. You played the same schedule last year except substituting a bad Western Brown team this year for last years' Granville team. Chilly made play-offs last year and look to do the same this year. What's changed?

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

time for the dogg to strike up the band. 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

do you keep that copied n pasted doggie.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

kinda a catchy jingle.

saw
Waterboy

Post by saw »

Jackson 31, Burg 24

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Abe Froman wrote:
Ironmen44 wrote:Jackson has played a tougher schedule and will be ready for Wheelersburg this year unlike last year.

What????

I am glad you think a couple D5 and D6 schools have you prepared lol for us this year. You played the same schedule last year except substituting a bad Western Brown team this year for last years' Granville team. Chilly made play-offs last year and look to do the same this year. What's changed?
I would guess that he means Jackson's schedule so far this season has been a little tougher than Wheelersburg's. Also, I think after beating Burg 27-0 in 2014, Jackson might have underestimated what the Pirates were capable of last year. The result was getting dominated up front and losing 28-7 at Alumni Stadium.

I would probably agree that the last two years, one team has clearly been the aggressor, and the other team may have been overconfident. The loss, for both teams, did serve as a wake-up call and they went on to great seasons. Hopefully this time around, we just see a close game that's decided in the 4th quarter. As someone mentioned earlier, the last few games have been lopsided. It would be nice to see both the Ironmen and Pirates play their best and let the chips fall where they may.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Totally agree with that ironman02, both losses served each team well in 2014 and 2015.

Saw the HUDL of the Week 11 and Week 12 games the Ironmen played in and they looked like a different team honestly. Same thing for Burg in 2014, the BH game was a slobberknocker.

So both losses were wake-up calls in not being over confident. This year we may see a closer game because of it.

saw
Waterboy

Post by saw »

If Jackson's secondary can make some plays on the ball throughout the game and not allowing Burg to pick up 3rd and longs regularly, Jackson edges Burg 31 -24

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg 1st team is giving up around 3 points average a game. Jackson put 21 on Chillicothe, and burg has a better defense. If Jackson wins, they will have to keep burg around 7 points or less because I can't see them putting up 21.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

ironman02 wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:

What????

I would guess that he means Jackson's schedule so far this season has been a little tougher than Wheelersburg's.
I'd hope their schedule was tougher they're twice the size

Return to “Football”