Riding the Bench

Re: WEEK 5 SOUTH POINT @ IRONTON - YOUR THOUGHTS

Post by tiger59 »

No way SP wins this one.

Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Post by Henry Jones, Jr. »

This is a must win for the Fighting Tigers. If Ironton wins, then they will be 2-0 in the OVC, and in first place.

South Point has nothing to lose in this game, and I look for the Pointers to play very hard. The intensity of conference games is just different.

If the Tigers take these Pointers lightly, then South Point could come away as the first Lawrence County School to beat the Tigers.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'm very, very concerned about the state of ironton's football program henry. and I hope they pull this out.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Now let me say this the last 2 years Ironton has been beat by a total 68 to 3 by Ashland. Yes bait the program is in trouble. We have kids quitting coaches scream constantly at the kids. I know what to say but they would ban me from this site. Ok what the heck. These coaches have been given one of the best jobs in southern Ohio. That is the point they were given the jobs. We try to run the T but all we do is run plays out of the T. If they don't win out it is way past time for change. There is no fight in the fighting Tigers anymore.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yes, even though I've been to none of the 4 this year. I was at several last year. and to honest. it was unrecognizable.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Bottom feeders.. Coaching probably does suck. But when I watched ironton play, the kids had no discipline... That starts at home.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

BurgGrad6 wrote:Bottom feeders.. Coaching probably does suck. But when I watched ironton play, the kids had no discipline... That starts at home.
So that is why Wheelersburg is beating Ironton because there is more discipline in Wheelersburg really!

ballrmom1
Riding the Bench

Post by ballrmom1 »

I think this situation has got to the point where we are the laughing stock of Southern Ohio,Somebody is going to have to Man up and say enough is enough,It's pretty obvious that things are not working out,This program is in desperate need of a complete overhaul from the ground up,I never thought I would see the Ironton Fighting Tigers on the losing side of things,But here we are,I just hope some way some how things will turn around Good luck against South Point.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Game day wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:Bottom feeders.. Coaching probably does suck. But when I watched ironton play, the kids had no discipline... That starts at home.
So that is why Wheelersburg is beating Ironton because there is more discipline in Wheelersburg really!
Well are burg kids coachable?? Yes, they are! That is because they are discipline. So in a nut shell. The answer to your question is yes..

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

I may be wrong but I think South Point beat the tigers back in the 60's. I think it was around 66. I know I seen the game ball in the points trophy case.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

No, you can have a disciplined kid at home and when he gets on the field if the coaches don't have discipline the kids won't either. Players take their coaches attitudes.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

Burg kids are more disciplined...They strive for betterment...They have real support from home, from the community from our coaches in all sports. Burg is top notch at all sports, in all facets. And Ironton, well now it's "just Ironton".

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
Better Find Bob
Waterboy

Post by Better Find Bob »

For Unseen Competition Knows Your Open Uniformed Nameless Occupation. Rally Every Person Like Yourself 66!

Ironton wins this one. 42-7

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Ironton rolls in this one! Even without Bob! Go tigers!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Yeah lol, that's what he does until someone responds, usually better to get it over with early or you have to play repeater. Next post will be about ironton tradition, overall series against opponents, how he couldn't attend the game for some malady, etc.. Etc... ETC.... Been reading his posts for a few years now and their just as predictable as this game... Ironton gets another win over a really weak team.... Yah!! YTB!! Irontons #1 fan :roll:

THESE ARE WORDS CAP'N OBVIOUS WROTE TO ME, AND ANYONE ELSE WHO CARES TO SEE IT.
SO I WANTED TO ADDRESS THEM.

cap'n I wanna be the bigger man here. if I have ever done anything, I mean anything to you. then I want you to know I would in a heartbeat tell you I'm very sorry in a most humble and sincere way. it actually breaks my heart when you say the things you do about my health. I've been disabled since 1992. and actually have a very hard time doing anything. about the only place I do go is church. an occasional trip to rural king. but at that I'm having to use a shopping cart like a walker basically. I don't understand belittleing someone with an obvious array of problems. it breaks my heart on Friday nights listening to the games. I can barely get up the stairs to my house, much less rows and rows of bleachers. if I could be there I would. I don't want these topics to become about me. because they are not. I know I'm an easy mark because there are so few tiger fans posting anymore. understand the internet is my gateway to the world. there is a good bet i'll not make any games. and I can't endanger others driving far distances at night without my wife with me. hey I don't know what you don't like about me. but I'd like to get it out in the open.i'm a Christian , been married 30 years, never commited adultery. raised 2 wonderful sons, one won the never give up award at ironton. they are both successful. have a grand daughter. fostered kids, adopted a son, through fostering. coached lil league sports, did respite care for other foster parents. help my elderly neighbors. take them to va. hospital appts. don't drink, don't smoke. I invite any and everybody to come up anytime they want. ==========I ain't looking for any sympathy. not one lil drop. but I want to see if you , and anybody else doing this is man/woman enough to stop. I do not do others this way. and I'm tired of being wronged because of my inability to attend ballgames. that's no measure of a fan. I was getting toted to tiger games when my mom was carrying me. and my 1st 50 years, I was at dang near everyone of them. then I moved and things went south healthwise. for years on here people like you have made a mockery of my health, and it's clueless and classless. I ain't asking for anybodies sympathy. just be a decent human, it's actually quite easy and rewarding. I get on here to talk sports and chat with friends. so if you do have an issue with me, pm me , i'll call you or whatever. meet you and apologize, whatever it takes if I have wronged you in any way. but whatever let's start over. =================== I want the football topics to be about football, and nothing else. YTB.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Better Find Bob wrote:For Unseen Competition Knows Your Open Uniformed Nameless Occupation. Rally Every Person Like Yourself 66!

Ironton wins this one. 42-7
:ugeek:

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

we need a beer summit....all party's need to meet...drink a beer.....hash out our differences....LONGE LIVE SEOPS!!!

LET'S MAKE SEOPS GREAT AGAIN

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

BigChuck wrote:we need a beer summit....all party's need to meet...drink a beer.....hash out our differences....LONGE LIVE SEOPS!!!

I will be more than happy to serve as the chairman for this event.............Buffalo Wild Wings next Tuesday at noon ..........bring lots of money and a big appetite...........and be thirsty............ :roll: :roll:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm not trying to glorify, my self. I let the lord down daily. I'm just trying to get you to stop.
you are the one who is acting like a lil grade school bully who's been in 3rd grade 3 years. give it a rest. let's talk football. I was just saying if you know me so well. pick a fault and we'll work on it.------------------ otherwise I'm here to talk football. they do have a pm option here.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BigChuck wrote:we need a beer summit....all party's need to meet...drink a beer.....hash out our differences....LONGE LIVE SEOPS!!!

chuck we used to do that monthly. we met in the burg, Jackson, Athens, ironton and all over. those were really fun days. and we had cookouts. cornhole tournaments. but the site will never be like it was without some thinning of the herd. and you can't REALLY DO THAT WITH USERS GETTING MULTIPLE NAMES.

HONESTLY A FEW OF THE MODERATORS BACK THEN WERE THE BIGGEST INSTIGATORS WITH MORE NAMES THAN A TEACHERS GRADELIST.
and I too am stating a fact.

Return to “Football”