Playoffs D5R17 #4 Ridgewood vs. #1 Wheelersburg

FIDO
S

Re: Playoffs D5R17 #4 Ridgewood vs. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by FIDO »

P(irate) wrote:
silverhammer50 wrote:Guess the Wood shouldn't even make the trip...
Like Neutron said. This Burg team is not your typical opponent. They are coached by some of the best in our area in all phases of the game. They are football smart and can do just about anything they want to on the football field. Not saying Ridgewood is awful or undeserving. Burg is just in a different class this year. They have really built a solid program at all age levels.

P.S. Don't blink on kickoffs.

beep beep!

burg1
Riding the Bench

Post by burg1 »

My score prediction....Wheelersburg 35- Ridgewood 2. I really think 0 for Ridgewood, but Ill give them the 2 points that teams average per game on the Burg first team defense.

BURG DEFENSE IS LIGHTS OUT! Ridgewood can run 90% of the time like they do, but I'm thinking there just could be some hard hitting highlight videos to watch online next week.

My 2 cents :)

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

It's the second round of playoffs and I'm sure all teams will come ready to play. If not, they'll not see the third round. The Burg team seems to be really focused and has been all year. They have blowout wins against some very good teams in various divisions.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well, here we are week 12, only 1 team moving forward. Burg right now is on a differently level then any team in this region quite honestly and them getting big headed and going out laying an egg is about the only way I think Burg gets beat by any of the other teams left in the region. They have to continue to play mistake free football, play hard every down making themselves better and better in order to be ready for the teams ahead, AKA- Coldwater. Burg by 3 tds in this one, and another 3+ following week against who I believe will be Zane Trace, tough tough defense in Trace.

Bottoms Dweller
Waterboy

Post by Bottoms Dweller »

I read in an earlier post that Ridgewood is a run heavy team. That's a tough row to hoe against the Burg defense. I have seen Burg play twice this year (Valley and Ironton last week) and the defense is special to say the least in this region. Perhaps not a running clock in the 2nd half but I would have to say at least a 3 TD edge to the Pirates.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I for one know the Wood will show up. No one down here on the river has beaten this team by any great margin. 2007 Burg 21-13 . 2010 Burg 21-12. 2011 Valley 28-21. Good to see Ridgewood get their first home game in many years and get the victory over a tough Cadiz team. I know I posted earlier that ridgewood looks smaller than previous teams. Against Burg Oline they are gonna be way oversized. And Burg will matchup really well against your big men on your Oline also. Of course, that is the way I have seen in the videos. One thing I like about the Generals is the Defensive team speed. I didn't like what I saw from the offense vs Burg defensive team speed, but Generals could be really competitive vs Burgs offense. Should be a great game again!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

piratepride86 wrote:But you all need to keep in mind We have not seen a team like this yet this year.
I have that in mind. I just know what our kids are capable of and they are practicing hard and studying film. The coaches will have this team firing on all cylinders. Also, I heard Burke will be back.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

It was a joke They are not on here so i put it on here also to beat cg to the punch.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Think this will be a good one. I'll be attending, haven't seen Burg play this year and 5 minutes away from the stadium makes it a real treat.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE WHEELERSBURG PIRATES

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
silverhammer50
Waterboy

Post by silverhammer50 »

Seasick, why did you leave out 2009 when the wood drilled Minford and Oak Hill. Those are soc schools.

Burg'10
Waterboy

Post by Burg'10 »

I don't think Ridgewood can handle this years Burg team. Ridgewood is very small. 42-7 Burg.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I love when people say stuff like this!! Hahah we know the wood will show up. We also know that burg will split the wood, stack you up on the busses, and send you back home to get the round balls out! Lol GO BURG!

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

you don't make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs if you don't deserve to be in the playoffs. 2 real good teams getting after it. wheelersburg will be ready. the coaches do a nice job of not letting the players get too "cocky" or too "loose".

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

silverhammer50 wrote:Seasick, why did you leave out 2009 when the wood drilled Minford and Oak Hill. Those are soc schools.
Minford yes. Oak Hill, No. They live in the SOCI, not II.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I don't see anything different this week from last. Burg will come ready to dominate and bring the wood. I predict Xander will have a huge game and two BIG sticks. The Burg will make every General think twice before they hit a hole or catch a pass.

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

good luck burg

Falconfan09
Waterboy

Post by Falconfan09 »

P(irate) wrote:
silverhammer50 wrote:Seasick, why did you leave out 2009 when the wood drilled Minford and Oak Hill. Those are soc schools.
Minford yes. Oak Hill, No. They live in the SOCI, not II.
Oak hill that year would've won the SOC II they beat minford and burg and that wood team was special with Probably the best RB in the state besides Teague from Ursuline. But I'd say the game will be close at half then burgs depth will start to pull away. I hope to see Burke back he's a baller. Goodluck burg!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Burg is the pick.

Have gun, will travel
SkyRocketMedia
Waterboy

Post by SkyRocketMedia »

If you want to see highlights of Burg from all season long check out SkyRocket Media Group here: https://www.facebook.com/SkyRocket-Medi ... 333270288/ We have highlights from every game this season except Jackson from week five. Burg is extremely impressive this year and the highlights reflect that.

Return to “Football”