Who should be the 8th member of the TVC OHIO?

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Army, on your assumption that Westfall outgrows the SVC, what about Unioto and ZT. Unioto is larger than Westfall and ZT is growing quickly as well. Westfall has dominated the league in football the last several years, but their downswing is coming. In other sports they are not at the top. I could see the smaller of the SVC schools leaving before one of the larger leaves. Now if one of those schools you mentioned leave the MSL for the OCC than Westfall might jump, but they wont be forced out by the SVC. IMO

Unioto 228
Westfall 225
Piketon 216
Zane Trace 208
Huntington 167
Adena 160
Southeastern 158
Paint Valley 133

Army
S

Post by Army »

eagles73 wrote:Army, on your assumption that Westfall outgrows the SVC, what about Unioto and ZT. Unioto is larger than Westfall and ZT is growing quickly as well. Westfall has dominated the league in football the last several years, but their downswing is coming. In other sports they are not at the top. I could see the smaller of the SVC schools leaving before one of the larger leaves. Now if one of those schools you mentioned leave the MSL for the OCC than Westfall might jump, but they wont be forced out by the SVC. IMO

Unioto 228
Westfall 225
Piketon 216
Zane Trace 208
Huntington 167
Adena 160
Southeastern 158
Paint Valley 133

eagles73,

I totally agree with that. Remember Unioto left once for the S.C.O,L, but came running back. I don't see either school leaving the SVC. Even though they are growing in population they are still for the most part a rural school system. Not a lot of kids coming out for sports. Both schools still have a lot of Farm Kids who attend those high schools.

I would love to see my (Alma-Mater) The Wellston Golden Rockets come into the SVC. Close travel, great competition and already great rapport with many SVC Schools. :-D

I think if Amanda Clearcreek or Bloom Carroll does leave for the MSL Cardinal Division, the Westfall Mustangs would rule the MSL-Buckeye Division in Football. That's for sure. :-D

Respectfully

ARMY :-D

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Hey Army ,,keep working on that SVC move . I think it would be great for WHS.IMO :idea:

Army
S

Post by Army »

boilermaker wrote:Hey Army ,,keep working on that SVC move . I think it would be great for WHS.IMO :idea:

:-D :-D :-D

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I think Wellston should first worry about making a non-league schedule of games they actually have a chance of winning. Until that happens, it won't matter what league Wellston is in.

Army
S

Post by Army »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:I think Wellston should first worry about making a non-league schedule of games they actually have a chance of winning. Until that happens, it won't matter what league Wellston is in.

NYBuckeye96,

My point..... :!:

Wellston could play a Chesire River Valley from Gallia County, Oak Hill from Jackson County as a rival game and keep McArthur Vinton County as the third Non-League Big Rival Game. Then a 7 game debate with all those Ross County Schools in the SVC and 1 in Pike County School. :-D

That is if Westfall transferred to the MSL-Buckeye Division.

Boilermaker,

How would that sound :?: :-D

The travel would be great. Look at that schedule. No more long travel to Belpre. No more B-Ball games to Miller. All local and easy to get to. Wellston would be very competitive in the SVC in all sports. Execpt Soccer. Wellston does not have a Soccer Team.

Wellston in the SVC** :-D

A. Non-Conference Games :-D
1. Chesire River Valley (OVC) D4..........................30 miles
2. Oak Hill (SOC II) D5.........................................18 miles
3. McArthur Vinton County (TVC-Ohio) D3..............10 miles

B. SVC Games :-D
4. Londonderry Southeastern-Ross** D5................21 miles
5. Chillicothe Huntington Ross** D5.......................26 miles
6. Bainbridge Paint Valley** D5.............................35 miles
7. Frankfort Adena** D5.......................................30 miles
8. Chillicothe Zane Trace** D4..............................32 miles
9. Chillicothe Unioto** D4.....................................30 miles
10. Piketon** D4..................................................25 miles

Chillicothe Unioto D4..........................228 Boys
Piketon D4........................................216 Boys
Chillicothe Zane Trace D4...................208 Boys
Wellston D4.......................................198 Boys
Chillicothe Huntington-Ross D5............167 Boys
Frankfort Adena D5............................160 Boys
Londonderry Southeastern-Ross D5.....158 Boys
Bainbridge Paint Valley D5...................133 Boys

What say you Boilermaker :?:

GO SVC...let the Wellston Golden Rockets in :!: 8)

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

If that was the SVC - and it did not include Westfall - I would say Piketon would be Wellston's new Nelsonville-York. But, I still don't think Westfall will ever leave the SVC. So you will have two Nelsonville-York's to play in that league. ;)

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

2 things that I'm pretty sure of Army and boilermaker. One, Wellston is NOT leaving the TVC and, two Larry Blackstone is NOT coming back to Wellston.

Army
S

Post by Army »

HSFBFAN wrote:2 things that I'm pretty sure of Army and boilermaker. One, Wellston is NOT leaving the TVC and, two Larry Blackstone is NOT coming back to Wellston.

Hey HSFBAN,

Your right about Larry never coming back. To many still in the system at Wellston that would throw a fit if they brought him back. :roll:

Too many (Two Faced Sissies) still Teach and Coach in that School District :!: :-D :lol:

They wouldn't know what a winner looks like. That's why they ran him and Lucas out of town. When they got rid of Larry as the HC at that time, they had a former Trombone Player in the Band mind you, who has had some decent teams in another sport, a sport I might add that he never started in while in HS either :roll:

I might add, several of them never played any sports while they attended Wellston but as Teachers, they have coached several sports. :roll:

There is only two sports I remember that person ever starting in at WHS when he was in school. The one is where you swing a club at a little ball and in baseball. When I came home on leave in 1980's from Germany, I went to a Wellston Football game, I looked up in the press box and this person who played a trombone in the band when we were in school, was calling plays for Coach Fyffe and the Golden Rockets. :roll:

I looked at my sister and asked, don't tell me that guy is coaching Football? And she said yes he is an assistant? So as long as that kind of stuff continues, yes your right, Wellston won't go know where. :roll:

That person also also was the AD..... that helped get rid of Larry. Ah good old politics in that *&^% hole in the wall. Look how the so called great leaders of that town has ruined it? You have a hometown fellow that is an elected offical at the State level right? What has he actually done for the City? But they keep voting that person back in? The little hamlet has lost all the business downtown, and they have 1 plant left. No vision, no concern......just raw words and empty promises. If the plant goes so will the City. And many think Wellston is down in Football now. That school would go from D4 to D6 over night if they closed the only plant left in the City down. I feel for my Alma Mater and the little town I grew up in, due to the Bull Non-Sense that has always run the School System and the City. :-D

Now with that said, Many said Wellston would never leave the SEOAL after the 1981-1982 season either :?:

But look where they have been. I can tell you with confidence, if Westfall did leave for the MSL-Buckeye Division due to an opening, and the SVC asked Wellston to join, I don't think they would think twice before jumping into that close travel, competitive conference. I don't know if you are from the City but they would be a plain old fool if they did not jump at a chance if it was offered. :-D

ARMY :!: :-D

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Larry was'nt ran off Army he left on his own when Lancaster came calling 6 weeks before the start of the 2000 season. And, I know all about that guy your talking about who coached with Fyffe and agree with you somewhat about his coaching ability. However, did you know that same guy was an assistant for Larry in '99 and Lucas 2000-2002 and for Vic Wallace in his only season in '03. And, why do you think a guy ca'nt coach a sport he has'nt played? That is very narrow minded on your part. Oh, and yeah I am from the city.

Army
S

Post by Army »

HSFBFAN,

Remember, they wouldn't find a teaching slot for Larry's wife too? Forget about that? I just think it's funny, knowing the guy. And growing up around him, he was a little bit younger. I am not saying a person couldn't, Wellston had a football assistant coach under Michaels who never played the game. But that wasn't due to his not wanting to. He attended Coalton High School class of 1962. There was no Football at Coalton then. The last time the Coalton Vikings fielded a (Varsity Football Team) was 1953. His name was Coach Jenkins.

He was the (Varsity Basketball) coach at Wellston. :-D

But wasn't it funny at one time he was doing that, coaching golf, basketball and baseball...to boot also being the AD :?:

Power corrupts power and influence. :-D

The guy was a ball-hog in Basketball and never started. I wonder why :?: :-D

He was a decent baseball player. Anyway, I hope our Golden Rockets do better this year. But there will always be poltics in that system. No it's not being closed minded just sees the reality in what has always has been at Wellston, with the exception of Coach Michaels crew when they came to Wellston in 1973. :-D

The Down-Town Coaches.......all the influential Dads who usually owned business in Wellston were told by Michaels thanks for your support but you are not going to dictate who starts for my teams. So, the politics ceased for a little while. :-D

All the kids were open to starting for a change. When Michaels came he said anyone who wants to start at QB line up here. That was un-heard of at Wellston for at least 2 decades when Wilson was at Wellston in the 50's. Even Bob Brennan in some ways bent to the ways of the Towns Inflential. I think he left in the mid 60's over that but came back in the late 60's.

One season alone Michaels played 5 different QB's in different games in the 74-75 season. Collins......a senior, Peoples..a junior, Ruppert....a junior,..Downard,..a Sophmore,...Arthurs....a Sophmore.

You are telling me that the School System cannot hire a teacher who played Football and wants to coach the sport too? It never used to be a problem. Look at the local neighbors next door....Jackson and Oak Hill. Don't see that crap down there. Oak Hill has retired teachers as some of there Assistant FB Coaches but they have FB experience playing and as HC's. Neither at Chillicothe. They all played and teach. Not just some volunteer coach who works outside of the school system. :-D

Got to get the right kind of people on the school board...not the same old regieme that just keeps coming back like an old record, and hire an Administration that in-puts sports as a extra activity but puts a lot of influence in to building it into a solid program.

But,.....I don't ever see that taking place with some who are still in the system at Wellston. :-D

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

I think Gallia Academy

Army
S

Post by Army »

River Valley

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

1962- Logan Elm
1963- Piketon
1964- Piketon
1965- Unioto
1966- Unioto
1967- Unioto
1968- Westfall
1969- Paint Valley
1970- Paint Valley
1971- Adena
1972- Adena
1973- Adena
1974- Adena
1975- Adena, Piketon
1976- Piketon
1977- Piketon
1978- Piketon
1979- Piketon, Zane Trace
1980- Unioto, Westfall
1981- Unioto
1982- Unioto
1983- Westfall
1984- Westfall
1985- Westfall
1986- Huntington, Zane Trace
1987- Westfall
1988- Southeastern
1989- Paint Valley
1990- Paint Valley
1991- Paint Valley
1992- Westfall
1993- Westfall
1994- Westfall
1995- Paint Valley
1996- Paint Valley, Piketon, Westfall
1997- Piketon
1998- Adena, Unioto
1999- Adena
2000- Paint Valley
2001- Southeastern, Zane Trace
2002- Westfall
2003- Paint Valley
2004- Zane Trace
2005- Zane Trace
2006- Westfall
2007- Westfall

Westfall leads with 13 championships
Paint Valley with 9
Piketon with 9
Adena with 7
Unioto with 7
Zane Trace with 5
Southeastern with 2
Huntington with 1
and Logan Elm with 1

So in 45 years every team in the league has won a championship and Westfall has won 34% of the championships. Not as lop sided as you would think. Westfall will be good next season, but I watch from 7th grade on up constantly in the SVC and Westfalls talent level is coming back down. They will be OK, but not dominant like they have the last two seasons. I dont see a move by any team in the SVC!

Currently Huntington holds the longest time between championships with 21 years. Next is Piketon with 10, then Unioto with 9, Adena with 8, Southeastern with 6, Paint Valley with 4, and ZT with 2. That is pretty balanced IMO.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Army wrote:River Valley

That wouldnt be a bad addition either

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Warren local back in the TVC; best fit!
GO VIKES

Army
S

Post by Army »

VIKED_MAN wrote:Warren local back in the TVC; best fit!
GO VIKES

VIKED_MAN,
I agree, that would be a good choice, but when talking to there fans, last year at the B-Ball Sectional Tournament many of there fans stated the TVC was below and beneath there standards :?: :shock:

They shared with many Chillicothe fans that they are not going back to the TVC. If the MVL asked them to come into that league, they would most likely leave, but not back to the TVC. :-D

Looks like River Valley is looking like the only choice you all have.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Give Warren a few more years in the SEOAL and they will be begging to go to another league.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Might as well add Warren, River Valley and Crooksville... then even out both sides of the TVC... I don't remember the enrollment figures... you could even justify having all the DV's and DVI in the Hocking and DIV and DIII's in the Ohio...

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

You can't move the D V schools to the Hocking because I don't think NY would ever move from the Ohio to the Hocking. That just wouldn't make any sense and many fans would raise hell if it was even discussed! :)

I know this was the reaction from Belpre fans a couple years ago as well when it was brought up for discussion at Belpre. It was not talked about for long based on reactions from fans at Belpre.

I want NY playing Athens, Vinton County, Meigs and Wellston. I do not want to see NY play Waterford, Eastern, Southern, and Miller in football. That would never do anything in terms of playoff points OR preparing a team to face a playoff team even if they did qualify.

I think even Trimble fans grow bored of beating these schools like 50-0 in many years.

Return to “Football”