Ironton Out Of SEOAL?

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

2old wrote:BWH,
Get over the spelling. Just get the message. Logan is by far the best team in the league.

Junkie, if you want to knw something priceless it would be Ironton ever beating Logan again. You guys are way too easy to beat.

Hilltop, man i appreciate you improving the Cavs. I hope the Cavs are much tougher next year. Good intense football is much more fun to watch than watching the JV playing against Gallia and Ironton on Friday night.

2old, I'd stick to the message if I could only understand it. Maybe Santa will put a spell checker under your Christmas Tree and we can all understand the message a bit better. When I try to decipher your posts all I really get is "blah blah blah, Logan is great, blah blah blah, Logan is great, blah blah blah, I wish I lived closer to Ironton so I could get a fix for my Tiger Envy. :roll: :lol:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

[quote="2old"]Ok everyone back to REALITY.

Mike I agree Jackson has been a worthy opponent over the history of the league. First of all thery are not quitters like Ironton.

However, Logan has been quite successful 8 of the last 10 years. I know Logan has won the last two games, and any realistic person would have to agree it has been to Jackspn's good fortune not to have played Logan in the last two years. Logan will win the next two games.

Jackson has to improve their nonconference schedule if they are going to be the force they once were.I now it isd fun to beat Wellston and VC but the boys know those are empty victories. Kind of liek Logan beating Athens. I respect Jackson within the league. This is obvious if you read my post. However the game has changed and an upgrade in nonconference is called on to improve.

TC, Ironton has been bullied not only by Logan but by many league teams since they have returned. Ironton is no l,onger considered a big victory. More like an opportunity for the JV to get some action. I think you are cofused with the old Ironton. The one that used to win. Ironton is 11-11 in their last 22 games.

Army, give me a break. Logan killed Chilly. You see special teams is part of the game. That would be like saying if you take knights out of the game Chilly would not have had many yards. LOL wait until this year. Remeber the Chiefs have been undefeated in the league since Chilly joined the league. Chilly has not even put back to back decnt seasons together.

Junkie how many D-1 playoff games has Ironton won? That is big time football. I hope Logan goes back to D-1, the only true championship in Ohio. Not beating up on your local neighbors like ironton does. Although now your neighbors beat up on you. See I told you things were changing.[/quote]

Here's some interesting facts for you, which I'm sure your quite aware of. Logan the last 7 years.........

The last 7 years they have played 73 games.

Of those 73 games only 35 of those teams had above 500 winning %.

Their record in those 35 games against teams above 500, 15 wins 20 losses.

Divisional breakdown overall Win / Loss record and record against teams above 500.

overall
D1 - 4 - 10
D2 - 16 - 6
D3 - 24 - 4
D4 - 6 - 1
D5 - 2 - 0

above 500 teams

D1 - 1 - 10
D2 - 3 - 5
D3 - 7 - 4
D4 - 3 - 1
D5 - 1 - 0

The average division size of their apponants 2.52

I don't think you really want to go back to D1. ;-)

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

NOW....

I wouldn't mind it if we stay in the league if the league would schedule the longer distant games on Saturdays. It's hard to make or impossible to make some of these games if you don't get home from work until 5:30 or 6:00 and have to drive 2 to 3 hours.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Ok everyone out of the pool. Time for the voice of reason again.

Tom,

Keep asking easy questions. Logan has played two Ohio Cha,mps in the last few years. They played Upper Arlington and Hilliard Davidson.

Tom get real. Ironton would much rather play teams rom Canada. Check the schedule this year. Up to old tricks to try to get points. Ironton is a leading whiner about playing larger schools like Logan. I know they don't really want to schedule a real Ohio D-1 team. Like alot of ironton fans get over yourself. Logan has scheduled D-1 Lancaster, Gahanna, Westerville So. and Pick North.

Junkie, I encourage the weak teams in the league to get better. Weak teams liek ironton. I don't brag about pounding them.

If the Chieftains cry it is because the first string never gets to play a whole game. Dominating every year is boring.

OH, At least we do not have to play treams from Kentucky and Canada to make the playoffs.

I can not help it the SEOAL. In fact i have suggested the league make an effort to improve. Ironton has been a major disappointment on the competetive side. I do hope they are better next year.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

2old wrote:Ok everyone out of the pool. Time for the voice of reason again.

Tom,

Keep asking easy questions. Logan has played two Ohio Cha,mps in the last few years. They played Upper Arlington and Hilliard Davidson.

Tom get real. Ironton would much rather play teams rom Canada. Check the schedule this year. Up to old tricks to try to get points. Ironton is a leading whiner about playing larger schools like Logan. I know they don't really want to schedule a real Ohio D-1 team. Like alot of ironton fans get over yourself. Logan has scheduled D-1 Lancaster, Gahanna, Westerville So. and Pick North.
Junkie, I encourage the weak teams in the league to get better. Weak teams liek ironton. I don't brag about pounding them.

If the Chieftains cry it is because the first string never gets to play a whole game. Dominating every year is boring.

OH, At least we do not have to play treams from Kentucky and Canada to make the playoffs.
I can not help it the SEOAL. In fact i have suggested the league make an effort to improve. Ironton has been a major disappointment on the competetive side. I do hope they are better next year.

Your record against those D1 schools the last 7 years are.......

Lancaster - 0-4
Gahanna - 0-2
Westerville So - 0-1
Pick North - 4-1
Dublin Coff - 0-1
Upper Arlington- 0-1
Hilliard Davids - 0-1

Being D1 and only having 15 D1 games on your schedule in 7 years, speaks for itself why Logan rarely makes the playoffs.

You will have better luck staying D2 or hope you drop to D3 the next time the count is done.

Army
S

Post by Army »

tigercannon71 wrote:My bad Army I took that off Logans website I dont think it has this season counte din.

There you go 2old trying to weave the facts your own way when they show without a shadow of a doubt that Logan only bullies the weak teams.

Hey Tigercannon71,

At least our Wellston class could beat Logan, unlike 2old's class at Wellston :!: :-D

My Class

1. 1972 (At Wellston) Wellston 0-Logan 35 Loss
2. 1973 (At Logan) Wellston 8-Logan 22
3. 1974 (At Wellston) Wellston 14-Logan 8 Win :-D
4. 1975 (At Logan) Wellston 15-Logan 16 Loss

2olds Class

1. 1965 (At Logan) Wellston 7-Logan 18 Loss
2. 1966 (At Wellston) Wellston 6-Logan 7 Loss
3. 1967 (At Logan) Wellston 3-Logan 38 Loss
4. 1968 (At Wellston) Wellston 0-Logan 20 Loss

ARMY :-D

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

boys the new seoal is just not what it cracked upto be. very limited choices for games outside this league. it wont be long it will be gone just the faithful will remain. this is just not benefitting schools in the upper divisions :?: so where do they fit in my guess would be independent :arrow: too much parity and it`s below avg when look at the heavyweights in your region ;-)

if i was a gahs admin and had a choice of schedule it would look something like this.

ironton
portsmouth
jackson
logan
john glenn
sheridan
pt pleasant
vinton county
hamilton
miami trace

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

IMO!!When it comes to the game Coach Lutz runs the show !!! It was "His" call from what, I heard!!! ;-) :arrow:

Army
S

Post by Army »

BBallin fool wrote:IMO!!When it comes to the game Coach Lutz runs the show !!! It was "His" call from what, I heard!!! ;-) :arrow:

BBallin fool,
Well like I said earlier, Lutz is getting up there in age and he always won't be there at Ironton. One day they will have to be satisfied with someone else other than Lutz. One thing about Ironton, if they move out again, that would prove to me that they are not trust worthy to stay in a league very long. :-D

If the SEOAL actually crumbles one day and the MSL-Buckeye does have teams leave for the OCC, I would like to see the following form a league;

1. Chillicothe D3
2. Circleville D3
3. Circleville Logan Elm D3
4. Amanda Clearcreek D4
5. Wahington C.H. D3
6. Washington C.H. Miami-Trace D4
7. Greenfield McClain D3
8. Hillsboro D4

ARMY

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Army !!! Your right! but in the eyes of the Ironton people !!! He's the man !! Look at his record!! IMO when he steps down, He will name the new coach!!! ;-) :arrow:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

BBallin fool wrote:Army !!! Your right! but in the eyes of the Ironton people !!! He's the man !! Look at his record!! IMO when he steps down, He will name the new coach!!! ;-) :arrow:

He is the man and hopefully will be for several more years. His record speaks for itself. Hopefully he has a say in who his replacement will be when the time comes.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

2old wrote:Ok everyone out of the pool. Time for the voice of reason again.

Tom,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ THE VOICE OF REASON HUH, WHAT A FRIGGIN JOKE, YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A WELL FED PARROT, WHO CAN ONLY SAY SEVERAL PHRASES, -IRONTON 11-11 , LAST 22 GAMES. 4-PEAT, 4-PEAT. you can learn new tricks , as an old dog. but you have to look at the facts. you have a dismal record against ironton. 6-15. squawk about that awhile. polly. so you have 2 on us, call me when you've won 15 more. and we'll be even. we've always played schools well bigger than us, and our away record is just as amazing. the tide will turn polly, you think you look dumb now, bragging about beating small schools. did you ever consider we can only get in a league this size, because of 35 years of dominance, who in our area would want any of us, nobody. so we gotta get in a bigger league. i think we've done pretty dang well for a small d4 team, that has went through 2 coaching changes in 2 years. and our first real drop in competitiveness and talent level in some 35 years. so stuff your jib full of crackers, we'll be all over you soon enough. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: please read past threads about your true success , it is truley measured by playing schools your size, GUESS WHAT YOU FLUNKED OUT GREATLY.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Army
S

Post by Army »

91blue14 wrote:boys the new seoal is just not what it cracked upto be. very limited choices for games outside this league. it wont be long it will be gone just the faithful will remain. this is just not benefitting schools in the upper divisions :?: so where do they fit in my guess would be independent :arrow: too much parity and it`s below avg when look at the heavyweights in your region ;-)

if i was a gahs admin and had a choice of schedule it would look something like this.

ironton
portsmouth
jackson
logan
john glenn
sheridan
pt pleasant
vinton county
hamilton
miami trace

91blue14,

A managable schedule sure, but will all those teams that play in leagues be able to accomadate your INDEPENDENT schedule :?:

Like if Ironton, Portsmouth go back Independent sure. As well as setting up the game with the Point. But Sheridan, VC, Hamilton is that H-TWP or Hamilton in Cincinnati? John Glenn might be difficult due to there MVL Schedule. Logan if the SEOAL falls apart yeah maybe unless they went to the OCC.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

people keep bringing up portsmouth, i know from very reliable sources, that the trojans love this new league, and being able to play for titles, and league honors.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Army
S

Post by Army »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:people keep bringing up portsmouth, i know from very reliable sources, that the trojans love this new league, and being able to play for titles, and league honors.

You're Tiger Bait,
I too have heard this. Trojan Dave said the Trojans love being in the SEOAL and a league they can compete in. He stated, the only way the Trojans would leave, is, The SOC II came calling or the SEOAL shuts down and closes up. I believe the next line concerning the invitation to be in the SOC II for Portsmouth was, something like, when something freezes over that might happen. :-D

I know Chillicothe is glad to be in the same league with them as well as Ironton and Zanesville. Old Rivals and competitors. Especially Portsmouth who have been playing against Chillicothe since 1898 in sports. :-D

ARMY

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the soc2 has turned down ironton and portsmouth on several occassions , i've heard . don't quote me on that, but i don't see that happening any more than an ovc invitation.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

Army wrote:
91blue14 wrote:boys the new seoal is just not what it cracked upto be. very limited choices for games outside this league. it wont be long it will be gone just the faithful will remain. this is just not benefitting schools in the upper divisions :?: so where do they fit in my guess would be independent :arrow: too much parity and it`s below avg when look at the heavyweights in your region ;-)

ironton
portsmouth
jackson
logan
john glenn
sheridan
pt pleasant
vinton county
hamilton
miami trace

91blue14,

A managable schedule sure, but will all those teams that play in leagues be able to accomadate your INDEPENDENT schedule :?:

Like if Ironton, Portsmouth go back Independent sure. As well as setting up the game with the Point. But Sheridan, VC, Hamilton is that H-TWP or Hamilton in Cincinnati? John Glenn might be difficult due to there MVL Schedule. Logan if the SEOAL falls apart yeah maybe unless they went to the OCC.

ARMY i read my statement i said if, and me being in the admin not going to happen. to be quite honest in a few years i think chillecothe and zanesville will be hard to beat. logan is having there cake and enjoying it and they deserved it. i dont personaly feel they fit this league with the numbers. playing these southend school is not going to help them. to get to masssilon or canton. i love logans style of play. i remember we used to play smash football with 160lb backs. :idea:

SPANKY
Freshman Team

Post by SPANKY »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:
SPANKY wrote:
2old wrote:BWH,
Get over the spelling. Just get the message. Logan is by far the best team in the league.

Junkie, if you want to knw something priceless it would be Ironton ever beating Logan again. You guys are way too easy to beat.

Hilltop, man i appreciate you improving the Cavs. I hope the Cavs are much tougher next year. Good intense football is much more fun to watch than watching the JV playing against Gallia and Ironton on Friday night.

Another post, another C- :lol: :lol: :lol:

NUFF SAID.........................

A "C-" is a bit generous in my opinion. I've seen better grammar and spellling on bathroom walls. :lol:

Your right BWH, I was generous with that grade. ;-) :roll:

NUFF SAID.............

Army
S

Post by Army »

91blue14 wrote:
Army wrote:

ironton
portsmouth
jackson
logan
john glenn
sheridan
pt pleasant
vinton county
hamilton
miami trace

91blue14,

ARMY i read my statement i said if, and me being in the admin not going to happen. to be quite honest in a few years i think chillecothe and zanesville will be hard to beat. logan is having there cake and enjoying it and they deserved it. i dont personaly feel they fit this league with the numbers. playing these southend school is not going to help them. to get to masssilon or canton. i love logans style of play. i remember we used to play smash football with 160lb backs. :idea:

91blue14,
I used to be one of those 155-160lb backs in the old SEOAL days. We had linemen that would be HB's or DB's in other leagues back in the early 70's at Wellston. :-D

I agree, Logan needs to start looking to move out and move up. They won't though. They could be back up to D1 in a few years, so the SEOAL is not helping them for points, that's for sure.

Riverrat Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrat Tiger »

Look guys, I've said it before, Logan NEEDS this league way more than the League needs Logan. The scheduling alone makes a lower tier DII team better in the computer points.

As for Ironton staying, I've said this before also, It's really not a stretch either way. As for football, this league is perfect, as for the other sports, it makes no sense at all. Just my 2 cents.

I have one sin, and that is that I want to win too badly.--Woody Hayes

Return to “Football”