Minford 42 Northwest 0

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Re: WK4 (2-1) Minford @ (0-3) Northwest

Post by NewEra »

Minford hopefully won't show a lot in this game, get in the I and pound that rock, or then again could be a great opportunity to continue to improve the timing and route running in our spread. Minford moved the pocket pretty well last week, and the QB is getting more and more used to setting his feet and utilizing it. Hope to see an injury free game for both sides.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Marshallman: Ruby doesn't strike me as the type of coach that would try and embarrass a bunch of kids by running up the score. There's no point in doing that.

Also, I think this is the last year Minford will play this game. I hope both teams are injury free and it doesn't turn into a cheap shot game, b/c one team is getting blown out.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Minford by as much as they want

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

vladimir wrote:Marshallman: Ruby doesn't strike me as the type of coach that would try and embarrass a bunch of kids by running up the score. There's no point in doing that.

Also, I think this is the last year Minford will play this game. I hope both teams are injury free and it doesn't turn into a cheap shot game, b/c one team is getting blown out.
I don'tknow why the series continued after they dropped down to soc 1

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^Scheduling contracts.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Cal Preps::

Minford 44
Northwest 10

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

vladimir wrote:^Scheduling contracts.
If that's the reason then wouldn't the rest of soc 2 have them? Burg didn't play them after then dropped down

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

They were made after they dropped down. Trust me, I didn't agree with the decision to keep playing NW, but its not up to me. However, it's not that Mnford is having to drive 2.5 hrs play a team they know they'll beat by 40-points. If you catch my drift Dogg

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Mad-Dogg wrote:Cal Preps::

Minford 44
Northwest 10
Oh, I would wager to say it will be worse than that.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

It also doesn't bode well for NW to say they had the Minford game circled on their calendar in the preview. They better erase the circle and circle the wagons. Minford JV team may score points on a running clock after the half.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Of course the circling of the game was a way to motivate the kids. After all, when NW dropped to SOC I, Minford is the by far the biggest challenge on their schedule.

I dont expect this game to be close (at all). Northwest made great improvements in the past 2 years and was competitive in the SOC I. I am not exactly sure what happened to Coach Frye, but all I can say is if the school board ran him off too then the school board needs fired and all new people brought in. It seems like when things are looking up at NW, they think changes need to be made because their kids/grandkids arent getting enough playing time. Look at every other successful sports program in the area. They all have a common denominator of a long tenured coach and a board who will allow the coaches to be there long enough to make a difference and implement their system. Kids like stability, NW board needs to step it up and provide that.

Before anyone bashes me, I have a common link to someone that deals with the NW board. I know a couple of them are legit, but there are others that are clueless and need to be kicked to the curb asap.

Back to the game: I hope there are no injuries. NW cannot afford them and Minford needs everyone healthy for their upcoming schedule.

Minford 42
NW 7

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Bleeding Red wrote:Of course the circling of the game was a way to motivate the kids. After all, when NW dropped to SOC I, Minford is the by far the biggest challenge on their schedule.

I dont expect this game to be close (at all). Northwest made great improvements in the past 2 years and was competitive in the SOC I. I am not exactly sure what happened to Coach Frye, but all I can say is if the school board ran him off too then the school board needs fired and all new people brought in. It seems like when things are looking up at NW, they think changes need to be made because their kids/grandkids arent getting enough playing time. Look at every other successful sports program in the area. They all have a common denominator of a long tenured coach and a board who will allow the coaches to be there long enough to make a difference and implement their system. Kids like stability, NW board needs to step it up and provide that.

Before anyone bashes me, I have a common link to someone that deals with the NW board. I know a couple of them are legit, but there are others that are clueless and need to be kicked to the curb asap.

Back to the game: I hope there are no injuries. NW cannot afford them and Minford needs everyone healthy for their upcoming schedule.

Minford 42
NW 7
I've heard that for years. Its pretty sad.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

It's always been that same old song and dance out at NW, but dropping down to the SOC1 was the best decision they could have made. Even Larry Hall couldn't get the program turned around.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Mad-Dogg wrote:
vladimir wrote:Marshallman: Ruby doesn't strike me as the type of coach that would try and embarrass a bunch of kids by running up the score. There's no point in doing that.

I don'tknow why the series continued after they dropped down to soc 1
I was told the only way Minford would vote yes to let Northwest drop down was if they stayed on the schedule.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Re: Minford 42 Northwest 0

Post by NewEra »

Minford could of scored 100 if they wanted it, hats off to the staff for not running it up.

philbilly
Freshman Team

Re: Minford 42 Northwest 0

Post by philbilly »

My son goes to NW and he told me some of these players are laying down on the coach. This is typical out here every time we get a coach that tries to work the kids. Mediocrity is an acceptable thing in this community and as long as that is the way it is the results will not change.

Return to “Football”