Waverly vs. Westfall is here

bug ii
Waterboy

Post by bug ii »

For the MUSTANGS fans in need of directions to the game, here they are. Take Pherson Pike north to London Road and turn left. Stay on London Road to Rt. 316 and turn right. Follow 316 until you get to State Rt. 23, turn left or north and follow to Rt 752 and turn right. The school is on the right hand side. Word on the street is the MUSTANGS football players are just going to meet up at teays valley. waverly is good, THE MUSTANGS are better!!! MUSTANGS STILL BY 2 TD'S!!!

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

I think everyone knows the way from Westfall. Personally, I'll be coming down from THE Ohio State University to enjoy the game after watching the Buckeyes take care of the Illini in the first half of their game.

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

GOOD LUCK MUSTANGS!!!!

Sports 101:

I thought you were from Piketon?? Even though Piketon is in the SVC, shouldnt' you have at least a little class for your cross-county brothers?

Riverrat Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrat Tiger »

Good luck to both teams in this one. If Waverly is healthy, this could be a shootout.

I have one sin, and that is that I want to win too badly.--Woody Hayes
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

So which is it 4p or 5p? That is a huge difference considering the seating and parking problem.
And where does it say we can't leave and re-enter? That would be just great not to be able to go back out and watch the Buckeyes. Of course I told my wife just last night they'd try to pull that one. As long as I have my ticket stub what's it matter?

Funny bugii

The road you'll turn right onto off of 23 is Rt.752. There is a sign that indicates the school is that direction.

lover
Waterboy

Post by lover »

travel will not be a factor. hopefully waverly gets both RB's back for the game.

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

Directions to Teays Valley from Westfall...turn around, walk 10 steps, get a dog and a coke and get ready to watch some football. JUST KIDDING!!!LOL! I had to...it was there for the taking :)

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

bobby k, i dont know! I just would rather see westfall win. not saying they are going to, waverly is a heck of a team. Just cant wait to see a great game on saturday! :shock:

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

bug ii wrote:For the MUSTANGS fans in need of directions to the game, here they are. Take Pherson Pike north to London Road and turn left. Stay on London Road to Rt. 316 and turn right. Follow 316 until you get to State Rt. 23, turn left or north and follow to Rt 752 and turn right. The school is on the right hand side. Word on the street is the MUSTANGS football players are just going to meet up at teays valley. waverly is good, THE MUSTANGS are better!!! MUSTANGS STILL BY 2 TD'S!!!

there might be a traffic Jam going that way, think I might go 22E to 104, to 316.

No wait, Oh I'll figure it out that day :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tigers2010onhuddle the website says 4p, thats all I know.

The no exit/reentry is always that way for playoffs. once you go in , if you exit you must pay to reenter.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Gucci you asked why people think waverly cannot handle westfall, here is the logic I used. Besides the fact that I am a loyal fan of the mustangs,

I think there are 2 good comparisons for this game one would be Minford/piketon the other Zane trace.
witrh Miford and piketon these 2 teams battled it out til the end of the game, and anything could have happened to change the outcome of the game.
Waverly played Minford and won 33-2
Westfall played Piketon and won 42-7

Westfall and waverly played zane trace
Waverly won 49-8
westfall won 42-7

Now at this point it is safe to say that these two teams are pretty even. except come time to play Burg waverly lost. Now I am not taking anything from burg, But waverly had injuries, had they been healthy the outcome may have been different.

It is no secret no that Waverly still has injuries,
we assume that all will play and plan for it. BUT even if all are back they cannot be 100% from things posted about those injuries.

that is why I picked such a large gap in scores for this game. Waverly just hasn't had time to recover fully. Had waverly had time to recover and no new injuries occured last week I would have said westfall by 2tds like Bugii

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Which lines have the better game will determine which team wins this game.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

No offense to anyone!

About the cowbells, however, if you're wearing one, no one is going to look at you, despite how much noise you are making....

:oops: :roll: :roll: :oops:

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

mstangmom, nowhere did I ever post why people think Waverly cannot handle Westfall. Go back and read my posts before you start making references about something I wrote.
You stated Waverly claims to have defense but the scores don't show it. I responded to you and others by saying you have to look beyond a score to analyze a game. You can't just look scores of games to make a comparison. I have never seen Westfall play and therefore will not make a prediction. If you are going to do that, than the only score you could look at would be the ZT scores because ZT is the only common opponent. But I won't even do that because the bottom line is it doesn't matter. I'm glad you think Westfall is 2 TD's better than a "healthy" Waverly. I hope your team feels the same way.
Go Tigers!!! Beat the MOOOSTANGS and their cowbells!

sig
Waterboy

Post by sig »

Waverly beat Union Local by staying in striking distance at half. That wont happen Saturday. Wesffall is just to mean and nasty on the O and D lines. Come Saturday Waverlys lines are in for an good old fashion whoopin. This game will be over by mid 2 quarter. Half time score Wastfall 21 Waverly 0.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

SO SORRY I DID NOT USE THE WORD DEFENSE IN MY POST. fact is back when the SP game was close it was said that there were injuries, for PN it I don't remember I think it had something to do with Walls shoulder, For Burg it was injuries, For Ul there were more injuries. Now I don't know who plays where for waverly but when ever there are injuries there are scores against waverly's Defense. YOU asked I told you plain and simple.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

mstangmom wrote:Gucci you asked why people think waverly cannot handle westfall, here is the logic I used. Besides the fact that I am a loyal fan of the mustangs,

I think there are 2 good comparisons for this game one would be Minford/piketon the other Zane trace.
witrh Miford and piketon these 2 teams battled it out til the end of the game, and anything could have happened to change the outcome of the game.
Waverly played Minford and won 33-2
Westfall played Piketon and won 42-7

Westfall and waverly played zane trace
Waverly won 49-8
westfall won 42-7

Now at this point it is safe to say that these two teams are pretty even. except come time to play Burg waverly lost. Now I am not taking anything from burg, But waverly had injuries, had they been healthy the outcome may have been different.

It is no secret no that Waverly still has injuries,
we assume that all will play and plan for it. BUT even if all are back they cannot be 100% from things posted about those injuries.

that is why I picked such a large gap in scores for this game. Waverly just hasn't had time to recover fully. Had waverly had time to recover and no new injuries occured last week I would have said westfall by 2tds like Bugii

what happen in past games don't mean anything. take a look at these games.

burg 40 valley 0
wavery 37 valley 7

burg 21 minford 15
waverly 33 minford 2

burg 23 south point 0
waverly 38 south point 21

i also remember seein people say waverly by a many as 4+ touchdowns over burg and they won 31-7. so past scores are meaningless

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

If you'd been at these games you would know the reason for the scores. I'll try to walk you through them.
South Point. Scored one TD on an interception returned for a TD (not against the defense). SP never sustained a drive for a score. Their other two scores were based on TOs as well and did not go more than 35 yards.
PIck North was a battle and score a whopping 16 points on 3 field goals. Two of which were more than 40 yards.
Burg just flat out beat Waverly.
UL scores 0 points on Waverly in the second half when it mattered most.
Where exactly did I say Waverly's scores of games were due to injuries? Again, go back and read my posts. I won't use injuries as an excuse because that's part of football.
Any other questions?

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Nowhere did I say YOU SAID I said it was said there were injuries.

YOU were not used in any of the examples, only responding to to you when you asked why everyone is saying what they are about the DEFENSE at waverly.

Oh and if the points were scored on your offense then that just makes it better for us. our defense has scored a lot of points this season. and are looking to score more.

hammer755
Waterboy

not complaining

Post by hammer755 »

we tigers are not complaining about the field or site. we are complaining that alot of fans are going to have to stand up bc of no seating. they are going to pay there money and maybe stand 4 rows deep behind other people, when if the game was at a bigger stadium ALL THE FANS could sit down and enjoy the game. thats my only complaint.

Army
S

Post by Army »

GO Tigers beat the Mustangs :!: :-D

Return to “Football”