Waverly vs. Westfall is here

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

Wish Waverly lots of luck! Bring one home for the fans, they have really been rooting for the Tigers!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

As stated, Waverly's kicker and punter are top notch. While it appeared to the casual observer they weren't kicking very well Saturday they were doing what they were prepared to do against Gust - kick it away from him.

Good is a very good placekicker and can place the ball in the endzone on kickoffs. The one missed PAT involved a bit of a high snap after a made attempt was negated by only 6 men on the line. Mason is GOOD!!!
Roback is a very good punter who can drive it deep or keep it away from the return man.

Waverly has not threatened with any returns this season so it would be nice to finally break one Saturday night. Conley has been the surest hands on punts while Malone has returned the bulk of the kickoffs - not sure of his status for Saturday.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Westfalls Kicker plays club level soccer at the school and has kicked for us for 3 years now (He is a JR) he puts it wherever the the coach tells him too for the most part.

He has kicked it into the end zone a few times also.
he had trouble one game cause his foot was swollen and they ended up having someone else kick the rest of the game.
He has only missed like 3 or 4 field goals all season and most were when his foot was messed up.

Since A. Keller has been back he has been punting. Last week he had like a 45 yd punt. I think thats what they announced it as.

72Xcurl
Freshman Team

Post by 72Xcurl »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:As stated, Waverly's kicker and punter are top notch. While it appeared to the casual observer they weren't kicking very well Saturday they were doing what they were prepared to do against Gust - kick it away from him.

Good is a very good placekicker and can place the ball in the endzone on kickoffs. The one missed PAT involved a bit of a high snap after a made attempt was negated by only 6 men on the line. Mason is GOOD!!!
Roback is a very good punter who can drive it deep or keep it away from the return man.

Waverly has not threatened with any returns this season so it would be nice to finally break one Saturday night. Conley has been the surest hands on punts while Malone has returned the bulk of the kickoffs - not sure of his status for Saturday.

2010- Casey Williams took a punt 55 yards to the house in week 1, if you recall.

GO TIGERS
bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Keller had punts including a 54 and 51 yarder last week. Of course, Scott isn't a big fan of the punt.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Every FG I've seen Cameron attempt this season, he has made. He made a good 30-yarder last week with plenty of leg on it. Must have been the other four SVC games.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Yeah, I recall that punt return against ZT but Casey has not been available with that cast on his hand. Allot of people forget about the loss of that offensive and special teams weapon.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

jm2022 wrote:This makes perfect sense...

First...It is the OHSAA
Second...Dan Bise, who has no loyalty to Waverly, is the VP of the district. Nothing like a little politics.

One question though...Is Teays Valley even in the Southeast District?

Now lets not jump the gun on this, A conversation I had earlyer today that might as well come straight from the horses mouth. This person told me that the only reason this game is being held at Teays Valley is because Jackson stadium, OU Pendim stadium, and other sites that would have been better, like Unioto, and maybe even Lucasivlle Valley did not put in an application to host a playoff game. So therefore, Teays Valley is the best place to play, unless if the distance concerns you. They can just play at Westfall! And the page on OHSAA web site with all the stadium directions, that is for PAST year locations.

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

bman618 wrote:Every FG I've seen Cameron attempt this season, he has made. He made a good 30-yarder last week with plenty of leg on it. Must have been the other four SVC games.

Cameron missed his FG's in the SE game it was the first time he had missed all season I think that night was the only time he ever missed all season.
Last edited by mstangmom on Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

bman618 wrote:Keller had punts including a 54 and 51 yarder last week. Of course, Scott isn't a big fan of the punt.

thats why I said that it was what I thought Iheard, it very hard to hear anything in those stands SAT. night

wing-t
Riding the Bench

Post by wing-t »

mstangmom

Cameron missed his punts in the SE game it was the first time he had missed all season I think that night was the only time he ever missed all season.

You gotta help me out on this one.I was at the game and don't remember anyone punting and missing the ball. Please explain..In fact I don't remember Westfall punting very much that night period ..Or was it his placement of the punts he missed? Inquiring minds need to know....

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

I meant field goals Sorry. I will fix it thank you for pointing that out.

hammer755
Waterboy

offer was made

Post by hammer755 »

i was told that pedan stadium OU did offer. they had 2 games, a doubleheader for 600 bucks !!!!! why the se district did not jump on that we will never know. i dont care where the game is played but for the fans sake, 3200 is not enuff for what this crowd will be. we had over 4000 peiople at waverly's game sat

Army
S

Re: offer was made

Post by Army »

hammer755 wrote:i was told that pedan stadium OU did offer. they had 2 games, a doubleheader for 600 bucks !!!!! why the se district did not jump on that we will never know. i dont care where the game is played but for the fans sake, 3200 is not enuff for what this crowd will be. we had over 4000 peiople at waverly's game sat

I told you! Either someone knows someone from Westfall or there is a alum issue or something like that. :-D

How's it feel to get two home games Westfall, for the playoffs :?: :roll:

Must be nice. :roll: :roll:

Hopefully this will be your last one for the 2007 season.

Especially from the League that you all love to be in and roll over the other little B-Ball Teams in it. To much pride I guess to challenge themselves to enter a league with competition, huh? Oh, but when they are asked, they would love to play in a better league like the MSL. Yeah right :?: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

Like the SOC II, SCOL or even petition to be the 9th team for the MSL Buckeye Division. We are doing it in the SEOAL starting next year. :-D

Go Waverly Tigers, pour it on them. Beat the Westfall Mustangs :!:

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Re: offer was made

Post by mstangmom »

hammer755 wrote:i was told that pedan stadium OU did offer. they had 2 games, a doubleheader for 600 bucks !!!!! why the se district did not jump on that we will never know. i dont care where the game is played but for the fans sake, 3200 is not enuff for what this crowd will be. we had over 4000 peiople at waverly's game sat

Peden and Jackson did NOT put in for a SATURDAY game this weekend.

discgolfer
SEOPS HOF

Post by discgolfer »

:?
Last edited by discgolfer on Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

discgolfer
SEOPS HOF

Post by discgolfer »

:?
Last edited by discgolfer on Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Army is my new favorite poster.

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

discgolfer, with a prediction like that, why would you care if Waverly has key injuries? Evidently, it doesn't matter.

sickandtired
Waterboy

Post by sickandtired »

Does anyone know how many were in attendance at the Westfall-New Lex game?

Return to “Football”