#3 Wheelersburg V.S. #7 Fredericktown - Regional Semi-Finals

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

mbcchamps wrote:Looks like MBC versus SOc round two. Danville won last night so the MBC is 3-0 in the playoffs in round one. Not many Southeastern Ohio teams left in the playoffs. The Freddies are a good team that gets after you and hits. Their o line is pretty good and Zollars is an excellent QB. They also have a dangerous receiver. You SOC guys better not be underestimating a MBC team again like you did with Johnstown. My take: FHS 21-WHS 14

I HIGHLY doubt the Burg is gonna look past or underestimate ANY team in the playoffs! I dont care what conf. your in!

BTW This ain't Minford either!
Did this conf. run outta mascots and just use names? Johnnies, Freddies?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
J/K!!

mbcchamps
Waterboy

Post by mbcchamps »

From the looks of the score, Minford gave you guys all you could handle. Minford didn't even threaten the Johnies. You can laugh all you want about MBC names, what happens on the field matters. Also, what does 05 have to do with 07? It looks like you guys had a rough go of it on Friday night versuses a lower ranked team.Meanwhile, the Freddies were beating the #2 seed after a long trip. The Minford fans were laughable with their comments about how great Southeastern Ohio football is. The Freddies will see the level of disrespect they are getting on this board and use it as motivation. Go Freddies! Go MBC!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

hey mbcchamp, welcome to the site.

How about we let the boys decide the game on the field instead of getting into a pissing match about who's dad can whip who's.

I think what D-5 was referring to was all of the talk from the Johnston-Northridge people the week before the game against the Burg in 2004 How the Burg has never seen a team like that and how Northridges defense will be the best they have seen all year and Burg promptly went out and proved them wrong by beating them 34-18. I had Northridge people telling me as we were leaving that night that that was one of the better teams they had ever played.

Trust me, the players, coaches and fans from the Burg know that this will be a battle, just like every game in the playoffs usually are. You can talk all you want about the Burg-Minford game, but down here, on certain years you can throw out the records in that game because there is not much love lost between the two. Someone posted once that that was a huge rivalry game, but IMO every team that the Burg plays around here, the Burg is there biggest rival.Not being cocky or arrogant just stating the facts.

I would venture to guess that if the tables were turned and Johnston had to travel to Minford, that would have been alot closer game. Big difference between driving three hours to play a game and getting to play in your own backyard. same could have been said for the Burg-Ridgewood game. Had Burg played up there, it might have been a different outcome.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

D-5 wrote:You are right The MBC is a better League, ask Northridge abought 05,that is what you will see only better

You left Centerburg out of your history lesson.

DEmaniac
Waterboy

Post by DEmaniac »

Nice sight to see videos of Freddies.

http://www.mountvernonnews.com/Sports/hsf07/index.shtml

Looking out over the Ohio river, waiting for the tranquility that is NOT Friday night Football!!
BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Anyone know any info on the Freddies? Are the primarily run oriented? How about their size and speed?

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

good luck to Burg/.

valleyfan07
Varsity

Post by valleyfan07 »

Congrats to Burg!!!!!

Keep pushing!! The entire Soc is proud of you!!!!

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

GO WHEELERSBURG WHEELIES !!!!

Home of the Atlanta Falcons.
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

BULDOG wrote:Anyone know any info on the Freddies? Are the primarily run oriented? How about their size and speed?

Watch some of the videos that DEmaniac put up. They look like they mix the run and the pass, similar to the Burg. They don't have alot of great size and it looked like in the videos I watched that they are vunerable to the outside on defense. The teams they were playing ran some toss sweeps with success. The QB looks like he likes to tuck the ball and take off running. They will need to assign someone on him all night. He looks very quick, so they need to contain him.

valleyfan07
Varsity

Post by valleyfan07 »

TheMalteseFalcon wrote:GO WHEELERSBURG WHEELIES !!!!

Too Funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Anyone have any pictures of Lancaster's stadium? From their football website, it looks like plenty of seating on the home side.....just wondered what the visitor's side looked like.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Ya Fulton Field is a good place to watch a game.I went there a few years back and watched Ironton and Licking Valley play!Quite a bit of seating on the vistors side as well.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

I like the Pirates.......... 28-14

DEmaniac
Waterboy

Post by DEmaniac »

http://www.lancastergoldengales.com/ima ... _0_BG1.jpg

I am assuming this pic is from gales field and arent the home side bleachers like Burg? If so, this would be the visiting side.

Looking out over the Ohio river, waiting for the tranquility that is NOT Friday night Football!!
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

valleyfan07 wrote:
TheMalteseFalcon wrote:GO WHEELERSBURG WHEELIES !!!!

Too Funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i agree. that's funny i don't care who you are

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

Wheelerburg will be doing "wheelies" in this game to the tune of a couple of touchdowns advantage. Good Luck to the Pirates.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Nothing derogatory at all intended but just what the heck is a "Freddie" ??

(I KNOW what a "Johnnie" is....... )

J/K Johnnies..... :)

Be kind to all who come into your presence
BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

DEmaniac wrote:http://www.lancastergoldengales.com/images/79566354612_0_BG1.jpg

I am assuming this pic is from gales field and arent the home side bleachers like Burg? If so, this would be the visiting side.

you are correct in your assumption, I think the Gales have a bigger visitor section than the Burg......really a nice stadium for a playoff game...

19eightyfive
Waterboy

Post by 19eightyfive »

i really want to see this game. beat'em like you beat us! play hard and kick butt!
SOC represent.

Return to “Football”