Point Pleasant 61 Gallia Academy 12

Gobigblacks
JV Team

Re: Point Pleasant 61 Gallia Academy 12

Post by Gobigblacks »

PPHS sophomore Cason Payne sets a school record for touchdown passes in a game (in one half) with five scores - one to senior Jason Wamsley, one to sophomore Josh Wamsley, two to junior Alec Smith(one was in stats as a rush but it was a pass), and one to junior Keyshawn Stover.

Payne also ran for 108 yards on just 3 carries. Senior Grant Safford had 7 rushes for 108 yards as well.

Good luck to GAHS the rest of the year.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Can we please get those 2 idiots off Big Country 99? They are unprofessional and sound like a comedy act. It is a total embarrasment to know that they are associated with Gallia Academy, or at least put someone on there who you can understand or has a stitch of football knowledge! It's nice to be able to listen to our games, why should we suffer through this? I take it that the Wiseman Agency pays the bill, go figure!

bevo
Varsity

Re: Week 3 (0-2) Gallia Academy @ Point Pleasant

Post by bevo »

svac83 wrote:I agree point pleasant by a lot.. But they are not near as dominant right now as last few years... Look young
Yea expert!, I think that I predicted this slide 3 years ago everyone laughed and scorned me for my posts on the state of this football program.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

bevo wrote:
svac83 wrote:I agree point pleasant by a lot.. But they are not near as dominant right now as last few years... Look young
Yea expert!, I think that I predicted this slide 3 years ago everyone laughed and scorned me for my posts on the state of this football program.

i am not sure what that is about. point won by a lot. and i still don't think point is as dominant of a team as they have been the past years... just cause they beat the blue devils like a drum doesn't make them more dominant. Just means gallia not very good... when did i ever say i was a expert or act like one....

BleedBlue
Waterboy

Post by BleedBlue »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:
bevo wrote:
BleedBlue wrote:Gallia improved a lot in a weeks time. Blue's defense appeared to have made steps in the right direction. From the stands it just looked like size and strength couldn't compare to what Meigs or RV brought to the table. As we all know Point has had some very dominating teams in the last few years. I expect Point to have the same this year (although all I hear is how down they are). From a Blue Devil standpoint, all I look for is continued improvement. The type of heart and effort we saw Saturday night is something we haven't witnessed from a Blue Devil team in the past few years. Good Luck BLUE!!! Stay healthy and keep fighting!

RV played a bad game we gave up 3 drives over 60 yards to them. We were inside the 20 what 4 times scored 1 time, blue is down on talent and coaching staff needs to be all fired. Clean house get parents off the staff start over lift weights take it serious. I'm embarrased!!
I can't believe it, but I somewhat agree!

As excited as I was just to see a no quit attitude from the Blue Devils in week 2, I am equally disappointed after week 3. From the first play until the last, the Devils were defeated. I could be wrong, but in my opinion, I watched kids tap out. Just didnt want to fight. Sometimes a win is far from obtainable, but effort and heart should never be lost.

As for the parent coaches, didn't he coach well before his son was in the mix at Gallia? He was a head coach and an assistant at other districts prior to being at Gallia. I am not a fan of daddy coaches that come in when their son/daughter get to the high school age, but I don't thing that is whats going on here. Just my thoughts.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Coach Riffe and his staff are doing a fine job. Last year though, there was too much bickering in between the parents as to which kid would be most successful. This is a large problem at Gallipolis and other communities as well. I think with all of that out of the way, success will come; it'll just be a process. They start and use a lot of Sophomores and Juniors.

Return to “Football”