Wheelersburg 45 Portsmouth 0

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Week 3 (2-0) Portsmouth @ (2-0) Wheelersburg

Post by Poo Bear »

PTrojan59 wrote:I don't like the cockiness from Burg, players parents or the posters. Be humble, you could be knocked off at any given time. Do they have the better more experienced team tonight absolutely but be classy while you're winning. Come playoffs that cockiness won't be showing. Won't be playing teams from Scioto and Lawrence county! Lol
Their freshmen team isn't very good

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

I think it will be a competitive first quarter. Burg runs away from there. Burg 38-6.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Poo Bear wrote:
PTrojan59 wrote:I don't like the cockiness from Burg, players parents or the posters. Be humble, you could be knocked off at any given time. Do they have the better more experienced team tonight absolutely but be classy while you're winning. Come playoffs that cockiness won't be showing. Won't be playing teams from Scioto and Lawrence county! Lol
Their freshmen team isn't very good
Our freshmen teams never look very good. But, somehow always end up winning when they are varsity..
Good luck to your ironmen, poop bear!

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

Having grown up and lived here all my life I have to agree with you. Most people are more humble than the cocky posts that you have seen. That's why we play the games on Fridays. Do I think we will win? Yes but we don't have to be arrogant about it boys!!! It's about being respectful and not giving your home community a bad rap!!! But maybe it's kids posting hopefully a common sense adult wouldn't post such negative stuff. But anyways Go Burg ;) hoping to see a good injury free game to both schools!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Gobucks740 wrote:
wobycat wrote:
dontreply wrote:My cousin went to purchase his ticket at burg high school ,said there's a sign hanging "inside the school" that reads "time to take out the trash" .

CLASS!!
Lol! Come on! Is the community of Portsmouth that sensitive that they believe that the sign was subliminal in gesture to say that people that live in Portsmouth are actually garbage? God help America and the political correctness.

It's not even about "political correctness" or any of that. It's about having class and showing good sportsmanship; something burg never succeeds in.
Really? Then why did I have to keep my helmet on until the bus pulled completely out of Portsmouth? I'll tell you why. Because of people throwing rocks at the bus. Portsmouth has never had class.

85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

Burgball#1 wrote:

Having grown up and lived here all my life I have to agree with you. Most people are more humble than the cocky posts that you have seen. That's why we play the games on Fridays. Do I think we will win? Yes but we don't have to be arrogant about it boys!!! It's about being respectful and not giving your home community a bad rap!!! But maybe it's kids posting hopefully a common sense adult wouldn't post such negative stuff. But anyways Go Burg ;) hoping to see a good injury free game to both schools!!!

I agree Burgball1, that's why I barely get on here, b/c I just shake my head. After we beat the worst Ironton team I've even seen, we have posters already having us playing Coldwater in the state finals. Funny thing is, some of these posters are adults and really don't know any better. I also think many of these posters are people who have moved in and not originally from the 'Burg

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

IM taking my guess and saying... Burg continues to Roll to another Victory 49-14...

85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

I'm going Burg 42 PHS 21 Pirates at home +20.5

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

And you will be playing basketball....

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

What time is kickoff?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote:
Gobucks740 wrote:
wobycat wrote:
Lol! Come on! Is the community of Portsmouth that sensitive that they believe that the sign was subliminal in gesture to say that people that live in Portsmouth are actually garbage? God help America and the political correctness.

It's not even about "political correctness" or any of that. It's about having class and showing good sportsmanship; something burg never succeeds in.
Really? Then why did I have to keep my helmet on until the bus pulled completely out of Portsmouth? I'll tell you why. Because of people throwing rocks at the bus. Portsmouth has never had class.
Same thing on west side. Coach millet always made us keep our helmets on till we got out of there. Got pelted with balloons filled with paint once at NW. Hard for bus driver to drive when windsheild has paint all over it, but the burgs the one with no class :roll:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck Trojans.....

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

:roll: Still waiting to get hit in the mouth.... Mean while burg is running the ball..... :roll:

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

21-0 burg early in the 2nd what happened to that 20-18 prediction

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Burg just toying with the Trojans!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Portsmouth is killing burgs stats. We can't get any yards, because we keep starting on their side of the 50 LMFAO

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: WK3 Portsmouth(2-0)@Wheelersburg(2-0)

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Dinnertyme69 wrote:Gonna be a better game then those froms the Burg think. Watching both teams the Trojans are way better on the line both sides of the ball. Burg is very fast though. Looking forward to a good game.
:roll: Looking forward to the ride home?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Dinnertyme69 wrote::roll:
BURGerBoy wrote:LOL! People thinking this is going to be close.

I'll post my score first and then thoughts: Wheelersburg 38 Portsmouth 10

I think Portsmouth will keep the ball on the ground enough to keep Burg from putting up 40+, but this is not going to be a game. Burg speed will ware out Ptown size and nobody has secondary players to cover Bivens, Doerr, and Holden at WR.

Lastly, Ptown beat West and everyone acting like that is a huge deal. Well West struggled with Fairland, so let's take it easy on Portsmouth beating the worst team in the SOC in valley and then west in a back and forth game.
let's take it easy on the Burg beating the two worst teams in the ovc. 20-18 Trojans
Make it the 3 worst. :lol:

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Looks like the JV is getting some early PT for the Pirates

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Dinnertyme69 wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
Dinnertyme69 wrote:Portsmouth had two breakdowns in the secondary last night. That got fixed at the half. Portsmouth 20 Burg 18 in a huge upset.
SMH. You can't spell time or thyme right. I don't think I'll put any stock in your lowball projection.
No one has hit Burg in the mouth off the line yet. No one has blocked your linebackers yet either. ITS ABOUT TO HAPPEN :o
:roll:

Return to “Football”