Cut and run kings

thebarlowbandit
All State

Re: Cut and run kings

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Raider6309 wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:Athens cancelled another JV game against a team they would loose to, (that's two now), but is more than happy to come beat up on my Warriors. 65 kids on the roster (as reported by a NY poster), and yet when it's a tough opponent they are "to injured" to play a JV game. Sad, and as much as I've given Logan posters crap, I'll say I apologize, because you guys are at least stepping up to the plate week in and week out, same as Blue.

Trust me, no one is hating on your powerhouse program that drops teams they may loose to.

OHPrepFB
Waterboy

Post by OHPrepFB »

I didn't realize so many people had access to Athens' depth chart and medical info on their athletes. I have a buddy with a son on the team (a QB) and can't even get a word out of him about the QB status for this week. Maybe people should have their facts straight before making themselves look foolish. I'd think Barlow people have enough to worry about in their own program to spout off about another school's program.

Playing a JV game before a varsity season even begins is asinine. I have no idea why schools schedule it that way. I know, I know, so they can get in all 10 JV games.

thebarlowbandit
All State

OHPrepFB wrote:I didn't realize so many people had access to Athens' depth chart and medical info on their athletes. I have a buddy with a son on the team (a QB) and can't even get a word out of him about the QB status for this week. Maybe people should have their facts straight before making themselves look foolish. I'd think Barlow people have enough to worry about in their own program to spout off about another school's program.

Playing a JV game before a varsity season even begins is asinine. I have no idea why schools schedule it that way. I know, I know, so they can get in all 10 JV games.

Well, it's really pretty simple, we have this thing called a newspaper which prints the rosters every Thursday, as well as Athens has a very nice website that has a roster uploaded. Maybe you should try this internet thing. As for the status of the QB, that is also in today's newspaper, thanks to that Gutenberg guy for such a new invention!

So you are saying Athens shouldn't be playing JV games? Or you are just justifying the fact they cancelled the first one?

OHPrepFB
Waterboy

Post by OHPrepFB »

A roster and a depth chart are two separate animals. Torrence Gibson is on Ohio State's roster, but he sure isn't on their depth chart.

Q: "So you are saying Athens shouldn't be playing JV games? Or you are just justifying the fact they cancelled the first one?"
A: Playing AJV game before a varsity season even begins is asinine. A . . . as in singular.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
OHPrepFB wrote:I didn't realize so many people had access to Athens' depth chart and medical info on their athletes. I have a buddy with a son on the team (a QB) and can't even get a word out of him about the QB status for this week. Maybe people should have their facts straight before making themselves look foolish. I'd think Barlow people have enough to worry about in their own program to spout off about another school's program.

Well, it's really pretty simple, we have this thing called a newspaper which prints the rosters every Thursday, as well as Athens has a very nice website that has a roster uploaded. Maybe you should try this internet thing. As for the status of the QB, that is also in today's newspaper, thanks to that Gutenberg guy for such a new invention!

So you are saying Athens shouldn't be playing JV games? Or you are just justifying the fact they cancelled the first one?
It's hard to believe that the ego of some coaches has grown to the point that they are scared to play a JV game in fear that they might lose. If a JV team has over 30 players on it how can they not have someone who can line up and play QB? It's not fair to the Athens JV players to not let them play let alone the teams they are putting the screws to. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

I must be pretty stupid too because I always thought that JV was to develop your younger, less experienced kids. I guess it's deeper than that.

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

This is why YELLOW is in Athens school colors.

Have gun, will travel
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Paladin wrote:This is why YELLOW is in Athens school colors.
I have to agree with you on this. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
thebarlowbandit
All State

OHPrepFB wrote:A roster and a depth chart are two separate animals. Torrence Gibson is on Ohio State's roster, but he sure isn't on their depth chart.

Q: "So you are saying Athens shouldn't be playing JV games? Or you are just justifying the fact they cancelled the first one?"
A: Playing AJV game before a varsity season even begins is asinine. A . . . as in singular.

Actually Torrence Gibson is NOT on the OSU roster. Next lame arguement. I'm squarely with the person who says with over 30+ kids, not one can take a snap?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logan's freshman QB is playing with the JV/Varsity all year. So are six of his best teammates.

Logan is still playing a full 9th grade schedule against perennial playoff schools (Tri Valley, Licking Valley, Jackson, DeSales, Zanesville plus Dublin Jerome, Teays Valley, and Chillicothe.). Athens already cancelled the freshman game with Logan.

They'll be heavy underdogs in every game. But the kids will get valuable playing time/reps/development.

Part of the reason Logan is so down this year is that a ton of kids were lost to attrition when Freshmen and JV games were cancelled a few years ago. Can't make up for that loss of development and opportunity.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Lest we forget, Athens is a big reason the SEOAL is gone and one of the votes against the SEOAL teams coming into the TVC. So this should be of no surprise to anyone. :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Athens should have brought a bigger argument to the table.

But was Athens already in the works to leave? They went into the TVC real soon.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Pretty sure recent success would indicate that Coach Adams and his staff know what they are doing. You can go back to 3 years before Burrow ever took a Varsity QB snap (2009-Present) and the Bulldogs are 68-16 in that span. I guess they should strive to be more like Warren (25-47 since '09). Maybe be more like Logan (36-38 since '09). Hell, Athens has 7 more wins than SEOAL powers Logan and Warren combined since 2009. Yea, the Bulldogs should follow their example because those programs sure look like they know what they are doing. Nelsonville is a little better than those two (45-30 since '09) but still shy in wins to the Bulldogs by about 23. I'll take Coach Adams and how he handles his Freshmen, JV and Varsity players any day of the week.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

ShoeHorn wrote:Pretty sure recent success would indicate that Coach Adams and his staff know what they are doing. You can go back to 3 years before Burrow ever took a Varsity QB snap (2009-Present) and the Bulldogs are 68-16 in that span. I guess they should strive to be more like Warren (25-47 since '09). Maybe be more like Logan (36-38 since '09). Hell, Athens has 7 more wins than SEOAL powers Logan and Warren combined since 2009. Yea, the Bulldogs should follow their example because those programs sure look like they know what they are doing. Nelsonville is a little better than those two (45-30 since '09) but still shy in wins to the Bulldogs by about 23. I'll take Coach Adams and how he handles his Freshmen, JV and Varsity players any day of the week.
That is fine if he wants to handle them like that, clearly how he or the AD handle the program is no ones business but Athens' business.

No one is saying that (at least not me).

I am saying if you schedule a darn game and another schools' team is relying on playing that game keep your darn word and play the darn game.

Just be honorable and do the right thing man. Play who you schedule. Simple. None of that has anything to do with "handling freshman or JV".

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

By the way Burg is 72-15 in the span from 2009 to present.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Abe Froman wrote:
ShoeHorn wrote:Pretty sure recent success would indicate that Coach Adams and his staff know what they are doing. You can go back to 3 years before Burrow ever took a Varsity QB snap (2009-Present) and the Bulldogs are 68-16 in that span. I guess they should strive to be more like Warren (25-47 since '09). Maybe be more like Logan (36-38 since '09). Hell, Athens has 7 more wins than SEOAL powers Logan and Warren combined since 2009. Yea, the Bulldogs should follow their example because those programs sure look like they know what they are doing. Nelsonville is a little better than those two (45-30 since '09) but still shy in wins to the Bulldogs by about 23. I'll take Coach Adams and how he handles his Freshmen, JV and Varsity players any day of the week.
That is fine if he wants to handle them like that, clearly how he or the AD handle the program is no ones business but Athens' business.

No one is saying that (at least not me).

I am saying if you schedule a darn game and another schools' team is relying on playing that game keep your darn word and play the darn game.

Just be honorable and do the right thing man. Play who you schedule. Simple. None of that has anything to do with "handling freshman or JV".
Very much agree Abe.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Barlow, This is classic! Had me in tears!!!

AT THE RESERVATION
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I have no clue what's going on with the team, I have yet to try & find out the reason for not playing. Im hoping when I do - its a good one. Im in agreement with others, if you agree to play a team, then you do everything you can to get it done. Its not fair to the opposing team, who could have scheduled someone else if you weren't interested in matching up.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Sounds like the big fish are turning into GUPPIES

thebarlowbandit
All State

93Bulldog wrote:I have no clue what's going on with the team, I have yet to try & find out the reason for not playing. Im hoping when I do - its a good one. Im in agreement with others, if you agree to play a team, then you do everything you can to get it done. Its not fair to the opposing team, who could have scheduled someone else if you weren't interested in matching up.

No worries, they will show up to play the bad teams.

Return to “Football”