Playoffs D5R17 #4 Ridgewood vs. #1 Wheelersburg

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Round 2 Playoffs #4 Ridgewood vs. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Raider6309 »

doubleplay643 wrote:For the Burg fans please know Pizza Crossing is your pre-game meal destination lol.
My favorite pizza and I'm from Youngstown

casey1017
Waterboy

Post by casey1017 »

When we lived in Wheelerburg back in the early 90's, Pit Stop Pizza was my wife's favorite.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

casey1017 wrote:When we lived in Wheelerburg back in the early 90's, Pit Stop Pizza was my wife's favorite.
I loved that place. It was my favorite place too. :)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

ArmChairQB wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:Look for Athens to get this game.
Nelsonville-york didn't put in for games this year. Athens has plenty of seating and plenty of parking.

I enjoyed my trip to Wheelersburg. I loved the stadium and the atmosphere. Great views from everywhere.
Freds pizza was possibly the best I ever had.
The parking at Athens is terrible. Also NY didn't put in for a game but the state has called to see if they would host.

No the state didn't call and ask........

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Neutron Man wrote:Never been there look forward to seeing it and a Burg Win!
THey do have excellent facilities and treat their guest well...My only issue with the field is the track running around it. That's a personal preference deal though.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Have been to Logan one time to watch a scrimmage with the Burg in 88 I think. I'm sure they have a new field now.

Looking forward to visiting a new stadium, just hate the drive on 2 lane roads in deer country.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

This will be my 2nd trip to Logan to watch a game. I was there for the Jackson/Logan game. The Jackson fans were awesome,I am hoping to set among the W-Burg fans and hope they are like the Jackson fans. Not that many read them, I will be doing a game report and taking pics, if possible.

Unlike others I think this will be a competitive game, with the Burg winning by 12.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:This will be my 2nd trip to Logan to watch a game. I was there for the Jackson/Logan game. The Jackson fans were awesome,I am hoping to set among the W-Burg fans and hope they are like the Jackson fans. Not that many read them, I will be doing a game report and taking pics, if possible.

Unlike others I think this will be a competitive game, with the Burg winning by 12.
You will be among good people.

You believe Ridgewood will have success running the ball?

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

I Believe The Generals Will Be A Little/A Lot Overwhelmed With The Pirates Defense.
Burg Will Shut Down The General Offense And Will Move 1 Step Closer.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:This will be my 2nd trip to Logan to watch a game. I was there for the Jackson/Logan game. The Jackson fans were awesome,I am hoping to set among the W-Burg fans and hope they are like the Jackson fans. Not that many read them, I will be doing a game report and taking pics, if possible.

I Think You Will Be Pleasantly Surprised By The Amount Of People That Travel In This Community! Of Course Anyone Is Welcome To Join Us To Cheer On The Burg. (Even cg-ironton & YTB :lol: :lol:)

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

Neutron Man wrote:

I Think You Will Be Pleasantly Surprised By The Amount Of People That Travel In This Community! Of Course Anyone Is Welcome To Join Us To Cheer On The Burg. (Even cg-ironton & YTB :lol: :lol:)
haha

im waiting on the 2 dimensional team playing burg, that will be a must see game!! if zane trace wins and you guys do (I know you will but cant boast) someone be sure post about zane trace and what they do run/pass when that thread gets here!!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:

haha

im waiting on the 2 dimensional team playing burg, that will be a must see game!! if zane trace wins and you guys do (I know you will but cant boast) someone be sure post about zane trace and what they do run/pass when that thread gets here!!
If Burg Gets By Ridgewood and "if" ZT gets by Alexander, then we can discuss your seating arrangements

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

I hear ya!!

for you pizza lovers out there, new Albany ohio has 1 of the best in ohio EAGLES PIZZA. its little ways from logan but as you guys edge your way farther north in the following weeks I highly recommend the place!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ridge wood used to run a lot of jet sweeps and fullback dives, then try to throw over the top or to the flats. I wonder if anyone has seen them play this year? They were a well coached disciplined team in the past.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Neutron Man wrote:

Maybe YTB. CG would have to walk to Logan to be able to sit on our side.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I read where Ridgewood hasn't given up more than 10 points in the last 9 games they have played.

Also, I wonder if they will bring the sledgehammer out with them Friday night? :roll:

silverhammer50
Waterboy

Post by silverhammer50 »

The silver hammer will be in Logan Friday night. The hammer has a lot of history and tradition that comes with it. It was actually a helmet decal in 07 when the Wood played the burg.

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

The Wood knows what they are up against Friday night. No team they have played so far this year compares to what Burg brings to the table. That being said, this team has improved so much throughout the season. Not many people expected them to be where they are. Certainly not the most talented Wood team, but near the top when it comes to heart and toughness. They are well coached and will bring it every play, that I can promise everyone.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

silverhammer50 wrote:The silver hammer will be in Logan Friday night. The hammer has a lot of history and tradition that comes with it. It was actually a helmet decal in 07 when the Wood played the burg.
hammer89 wrote:The Wood knows what they are up against Friday night. No team they have played so far this year compares to what Burg brings to the table. That being said, this team has improved so much throughout the season. Not many people expected them to be where they are. Certainly not the most talented Wood team, but near the top when it comes to heart and toughness. They are well coached and will bring it every play, that I can promise everyone.
Is that all it took to get you guys on SEOPS? I woulda said that last week. :lol: JK. Welcome friends. I have read a few articles on the Generals and I get the impression that they play the underdog card a lot. How is "The Wood" on offense. Schemes, tendencies and so forth. Did I see only 7 seniors? How many do they dress?

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

goto google
type in west Lafayette ridgewood generals
click on the Maxpreps link
click on videos on left

Return to “Football”