Wheelersburg 38 Fairland 7

fbnut
SEOP

Re: WK2 Wheelersburg (1-0) @ Fairland (0-1)

Post by fbnut »

This years team can't run the football. They move no one off the line and allow way to much penetration.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

callie15 wrote:This BURG TEAM NOWHERE AS GOOD AS LAST YEARS.

Why? Because of the score? Fairland had 102 total offense. Burg over 400. If you were at the game, you would have seen a quick first emotionless half. Fairland score came on a short field after burg was pinned deep in their territory and had to punt.

This team is really good. The run blocking is not there but it doesn't necessarily need to be. I love hearing these predictions after two games against one ok team and one very bad team. Why don't we make those assumptions after week 10.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BurgGrad6 wrote:For some reason, burg always looks like crap when they play crappy teams.
Burgs pass blocking is great. They are not going to push people this year but they still move the ball. They have almost 1000 yards offense in TWO games. Unbelievable posts.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

wobycat wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:For some reason, burg always looks like crap when they play crappy teams.
Burgs pass blocking is great. They are not going to push people this year but they still move the ball. They have almost 1000 yards offense in TWO games. Unbelievable posts.
IDK why my post is so unbelievable. I think burg plays good ball, however we tend to play down to our competition.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
wobycat wrote:
IDK why my post is so unbelievable. I think burg plays good ball, however we tend to play down to our competition.

I apologize I meant to quote fbnut.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:
wobycat wrote:

I apologize I meant to quote fbnut.
Since you meant to quote me, what did I say you disagree with.
Do you think they run the ball effectively with the rb's?
Do you think they move anyone up front?
Have you not seen way to much penetration on there running plays?
Maybe I'm just old school but I would like to think the burg could strap it up and run the ball up and down the field against a team like fairland. I think it might be a stretch to call it great pass protection. The coaches are calling plays to give the qbs time. Rolling them out, quick outs, bubble screens, the fly patterns down the sidelines our from the gun and the qbs are getting rid of it quick and just letting the receivers run under it.

jager1979
Waterboy

Post by jager1979 »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
BigChuck wrote:
P(irate) wrote: They are SOCI. That question is irrelevant.
I disagree they are D-V.....the SOC system of division is goofy.....
Man is there something in the water in ovc land? Y'all are dumb!
Bg6
IBTT is the supervisor at the Ironton city water plant might be your first clue.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

I can understand how "old school guys" might not be overly impressed with this team. This team at least right now is a finess team on offense, a big play team, they are not going to move anyone or run over anyone. I don't know if you will see to many long sustained drives from this team. I'm not sure the burg fans should try to prove how great they are by pointing out all the yards they've put up against 2 bad teams that might not win 6 games between them. I do have confidence in the burg staff and they will keep tinkering with their personnel to try to improve the run game.

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

They are good and the season is early. There are just a lot of things to work on right now. So far, Burg has beat two 0-2 teams who have given them no secondary points. I imagine Coldwater would chuckle if they saw how Burg played last night. I have no doubt though that the coaching staff will continue to clean up the issues and get them playing top caliber by season's end. I do know right now though that the way Burg has played thus far WILL get them to a 10-0 record this year. It's the postseason competition that they need to keep working hard for.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

This team so far reminds me of the 2012 team. They look very good against bad teams and they couldn't run the ball except with the qb. One good thing is this team does have 2 qbs to share the pounding. Eddie miller got beat to death in that season.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg has had a running clock in the first two games, and people are saying they aren't really that good. Seriously? Who cares how they move the ball?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I don't understand the criticism of this Pirates team. They are very good. The Dragons presented a tougher challenge (if you can call it that) because they are better than Ironton. Fairland will beat the kitties.

123xxx
Freshman Team

Post by 123xxx »

Little confused...read the paper, do the math, avg. 8 yds. Per carry and 26 yds per pass play and this is a problem because??? Pirate fans are a little greedy to say the least. Maybe they should avg. 10 yds. Per carry and you'd be happy :roll:

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

123xxx wrote:Little confused...read the paper, do the math, avg. 8 yds. Per carry and 26 yds per pass play and this is a problem because??? Pirate fans are a little greedy to say the least. Maybe they should avg. 10 yds. Per carry and you'd be happy :roll:
those stats are deceiving,most of those were designed qb runs or scrambles
I'm I guessing when the game mattered the rbs were probably less than 2 yds per carry

123xxx
Freshman Team

Post by 123xxx »

Not deceiving, accurate, and I think every offensive play matters to the kids and coaching staff

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

123xxx wrote:Not deceiving, accurate, and I think every offensive play matters to the kids and coaching staff
ok

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I'm guessing the burgs staff isn't looking at the stats right now and saying we avged 8 yds a carry were good. I'm guessing there breaking down the film and trying to figure out why they can't line up and run the ball with there backs against bad football teams

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SMH

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Burg does not have the line they have had the last few years. No, our running game isn't that strong right now. It's not awful, but it isn't too notch either. I personally think burg will be OK, they will figure it out and establish a solid rushing attack against Ptown

Dinnertyme69
Waterboy

Post by Dinnertyme69 »

PirateBB wrote:They are good and the season is early. There are just a lot of things to work on right now. So far, Burg has beat two 0-2 teams who have given them no secondary points. I imagine Coldwater would chuckle if they saw how Burg played last night. I have no doubt though that the coaching staff will continue to clean up the issues and get them playing top caliber by season's end. I do know right now though that the way Burg has played thus far WILL get them to a 10-0 record this year. It's the postseason competition that they need to keep working hard for.
:roll:

HOGS LEAD THE WAY

Return to “Football”