OVC Game of the Week South Point vs. Rock Hill

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

catch22
Riding the Bench

Post by catch22 »

I'll take rock hill in this match up. after seeing both teams play, rock hill is much better than south point, hands down. also, rock hill plays with class and sportsmanship unlike the pointers. all I can tell the fans of rock hill is get your kids ready for a team that likes to cheap shot other players and punch you everytime they get a chance. THEY ARE SO UNDISIPLINE!!!! ABD THEIR COACHES ALLOW THEIR BEHAVIOR![/b]

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Good Luck South Point!

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

cghornet10 wrote:In future years, when people see the "co-champs" of the OVC, they will immediatly refer to the game played beween the two and see what that result was. :lol:

Yes... and in eternity every game played will be irrelevent! So... let's just enjoy the great year and great competition... Good luck CG and RH next Friday!

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

I think that the OVC needs to go back and strip or "dethrone" all of the past co-champions and use Fuzz's way of thinking with the tie-breakers.(SARCASM) Man, I know RH fans can't sleep over that co-championship in the 90's and I bet 10-15 years now SP/RH fans will still feel disheartened about a co-championship this season. :roll:
If CG beats River Valley, then congrats on your 2007 OVC co-championship(you all can beat your chest about being the "true" champion, but the fact remains the no team made it through the OVC without a loss)

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

hey Catch 22 you wouldn't be from Fairland would you? I don't think the SP coaches allow dirty playing. I have seen the coaches take out boys who have gotten an unsportsmanlike penalty. I also know of an instance where a high school player from SP who was at a mdiddle shool scrimmage who was saying some extremely unacceptable language while wearing his jersey. Needless to say the coach heard from an adult what he said and disciplined him at practice because he was acting like a fool while he was representing the South Point community.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

*Edited by SEOPS Administrative Staff*

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

wemufans did they take the kid out last friday who cheap shotted Bloomfield? If so good job coach if not what can you say?

Boo-Duh
JV Team

Post by Boo-Duh »

Lets get back to the topic of Rock HIll vs South Point...try to stay positive...

Good luck both teams!!!

Before you decide to repeat a story, ask yourself three questions: 1) Is it true (Eph. 4:25)? 2) Is it kind (Eph. 4:32)? 3) Is it necessary (Eph. 4:29)? If not, please don't repeat it (Lev. 19:16; Prov. 11:13; 16:28; 17:9; 18:8; 1 Tim. 5:13).
justagame
Waterboy

Post by justagame »

Its amazing how anyone can come on here and call SP kids thugs and every thing else. But every time someone tries to reply the thread disappears. There is cheap shots on both sides and I have every film if you need one. 2 of our kids took helmuts to the back friday, and one is still not feeling well, and there was no flag thrown. 2 times in the same game there were late hits after the whistle blew twice. SO don't come on here whining about cheap shots. Every team does it and every team talks crap on the field. I hear it and so does everyone standing on the side lines. ITS FOOTBALL not friggin ballet. Fuzz you have been on here for 2 days talking crap about SP kids ....KIDS... that makes you lower than any of them could possibly be. They all do it and I have seen it over and over all year from all teams. If Fairland had won ..SP people would be on here whining about the cheap shots. Its only because they won that they are not.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Everybody hates the winner and has to make excuses for the loss. if SP is so bad why are the refs not calling it. Look back at the stats in the paper SP is not getting a disproportionate amount of penalties so I don't want to hear it. Every team has a kid who runs their mouth and tries to get by with what they can. To call the kids all thugs and thug wanna be is wrong and a childish statement.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

What happened to the SP/ Fairland thread from Friday? I have been out of town yesterday and today.

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

justagame wrote:Its amazing how anyone can come on here and call SP kids thugs and every thing else. But every time someone tries to reply the thread disappears. There is cheap shots on both sides and I have every film if you need one. 2 of our kids took helmuts to the back friday, and one is still not feeling well, and there was no flag thrown. 2 times in the same game there were late hits after the whistle blew twice. SO don't come on here whining about cheap shots. Every team does it and every team talks crap on the field. I hear it and so does everyone standing on the side lines. ITS FOOTBALL not friggin ballet. Fuzz you have been on here for 2 days talking crap about SP kids ....KIDS... that makes you lower than any of them could possibly be. They all do it and I have seen it over and over all year from all teams. If Fairland had won ..SP people would be on here whining about the cheap shots. Its only because they won that they are not.

First of all I know some great folks from South Point who would not be supportive of "cheap shots" or "trash talk" from any athlete... as to your comment about "ITS FOOTBALL not friggin ballet." If that is some kind of a justification for cheap shots or "trash talking" I'm not buying it... High School football should be about more than that and it's up to the mature adults of the game to speak out against such behavior not seek to justify it by saying"ITS FOOTBALL not friggin ballet." If your saying that it happens and we just have to live with it... well that's a cop out and a suddle endorsement in itself... As a parent who teaches my kids to play by the rules and show sportsmanship, I recent the implications... I have personally played on the professional level and I know that it can be done with character and integrity and respect for your opponent... we should all unite on here and condemn any such behavior whether it's from our team or another!

justagame
Waterboy

Post by justagame »

No one is justifying any kind of behavior. I said it happens in every game on every field. My point was that everyone is talking about how bad SP players are, and how they need to be disciplined. I was stating it is on both sides of the ball in every game. I saw with my own eyes 2 cheap shots from the fairland side. ONE VERY CHEAP with a helmut to the back. Nothing was called, and SP people are not on here calling every kid on the team thugs.

Boo-Duh
JV Team

Post by Boo-Duh »

osumufan wrote:What happened to the SP/ Fairland thread from Friday? I have been out of town yesterday and today.

It has been moved. I did not move it, but after reading it I can see why...This thread is headed down the same road. Lets all cheer for our team and be positive in our posts. This forum is not a place for name calling. Once again good luck to both teams. May they be injury free. Stay focused and be positive, This is the Rock Hill v. South Point Thread.

Before you decide to repeat a story, ask yourself three questions: 1) Is it true (Eph. 4:25)? 2) Is it kind (Eph. 4:32)? 3) Is it necessary (Eph. 4:29)? If not, please don't repeat it (Lev. 19:16; Prov. 11:13; 16:28; 17:9; 18:8; 1 Tim. 5:13).
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WHOA, WAS SUPRISED BY THE VOTING. BUT I SEEN WHO'S BEEN CASTING ALL THE VOTES. COAL GROVE SUPPORTERS. i'll say rock hill, thats how i voted, you can't act like they don't have a team because you beat them in their annual rivalry. but rock hill has to realize at 7-2, and hanging on byu a toenail to 8th place. a BIG D4 SCHOOL. they simply must increase their schedule strength. any way , good luck to rock hill.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
dukiees1
JV Team

Post by dukiees1 »

I'm with bait I was shocked by the vote as well but mine went to Rock Hill as I think they will really play hard and bring home the win.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

I would think that Rock Hill wins this game. You keep reading that they do not play all four quarters of all games. Sometimes the intensity is not there. Well this could be the final game no need to hold anything back now. Also if some of the comments made about the play of South Point true or not true the coaches and parents should encourage good sportsmanship in the upcoming game.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

YTB,

I'm an Ironton supporter but I am here to tell you, the pointers will win this one. Unless RH's D steps it up, South Point will run all over them. :shock: Now, it makes no difference to me who wins but I just really believe the outcome of this game will be something like SP 21 Rock Hill 7. Good luck to both teams, hoping for a good injury free game.

fblvr
Waterboy

Post by fblvr »

I think this game will be a close one. I would like to see RH win but I don't know who I'll pick :?

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

I am going with the Pointers if they can hold on to the ball and limit the mental errors. OVC two years in a row. I hope it is like the game last year minus the rain with the same outcome!

Return to “Football”