OVC Game of the Week South Point vs. Rock Hill

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

repoman 111
Waterboy

OVC Game of the Week South Point vs. Rock Hill

Post by repoman 111 »

hmm,after last nights loss to the hornets gotta give the pointers the edge in this one..

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

Rock Hill by 14.

Go Redmen!!

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Same as last year.....the winner gets at least a share for the OVC...

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

It should be a really good game...

justagame
Waterboy

Post by justagame »

[quote="footballfan"]Same as last year.....the winner gets at least a share for the OVC...[/quote]

Last year South Point the #1 Spot in the OVC. SO its not the same at all.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

If you can actually call it a tie when the team you're "tied with" beat you and keep a straight face and take yourself seriously, you'd be able to ignore your conscience better than I could.... :roll:

bballrh
Waterboy

Post by bballrh »

I guess that would be equal to the fact that CG got beat by someone that did not even tie that is below the two tied teams huh!! just a thought

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Doesn't matter... in the NFL, head-to-head (if applicable) is the first tie-breaking rule they use in deciding division titles, conference titles, and who gets in the playoffs... So again, if you want to use the loss to Fairland as an excuse to say you "tied" a team that completely dominated you on paper, and you can still sleep at night believing yourself, go for it... I'd rather you believe yourself and get to sleep than I would you not be able to sleep at night and take yourself seriously at the same time... people's health means more to me than their beliefs about football, but I think deep down, spectators from all around know who "won" the OVC and who they beat....

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Doesn't matter... in the NFL, head-to-head (if applicable) is the first tie-breaking rule they use in deciding division titles, conference titles, and who gets in the playoffs... So again, if you want to use the loss to Fairland as an excuse to say you "tied" a team that completely dominated you on paper, and you can still sleep at night believing yourself, go for it... I'd rather you believe yourself and get to sleep than I would you not be able to sleep at night and take yourself seriously at the same time... people's health means more to me than their beliefs about football, but I think deep down, spectators from all around know who "won" the OVC and who they beat....

GO HILL AGAINST SP... I'M COMPLETELY RED AND WHITE IN THIS GAME!!!!

justagame
Waterboy

Post by justagame »

Its football fuzz not a matter of sleepless nights. Its about competition and how it unfolds. It does not matter if CG beat us and in the end we win out. THATS THE WAY IT GOES. It happened last year. Yes CG beat us,but as the scenario goes if we beat RH and RV beats CG then DUH. Oh and by the way if you didn't know THIS IS NOT THE NFL it high school football.

I hope its SP in another barn burner but I wont lose sleep either way..its football

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

The question is: "Is River Valley really going to beat Coal Grove?"
A bit of a stretch, don't you think?

What happened last year? CG didn't even beat SP last year and there was no tie :lol:

Tiebreaker: CG has beaten both teams therefore CG wins all tiebreakers just by that fact alone. You can't "split" a trophy.... :lol:

What barn-burner are you referring to? Surely you don't mean last years SP/RH game... 7-6 is hardly a barn burner to me :lol:

GO HILL! BEAT SP!!!

justagame
Waterboy

Post by justagame »

There is no way to talk to a close minded person. The reference is beyond what you can think. Go see the wizard and see if you can get a clue.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

justagame wrote:There is no way to talk to a close minded person.

I've figured this out by reading your last few posts....

As for the "reference"... why the cryptical delievery?

primetime20
Riding the Bench

Post by primetime20 »

SP wins by 7

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

fuzzhead wrote:If you can actually call it a tie when the team you're "tied with" beat you and keep a straight face and take yourself seriously, you'd be able to ignore your conscience better than I could.... :roll:

In that - a season is determined by 10 games... you would also have to live with the fact that you were not able to defeat one of the opponants that your co-champion defeated... Championships are rewarded on the body of work not just one leg of it.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

That's true, but as far as records go, the bodies of work are even, so you move into the realm of tiebreakers, where Coal Grove has the advantage because it seems to me that if you beat someone, you're better than them at least on the night in question....

Fairland doesn't seem like the same team since beating CG... Coal Grove doesn't have to win a tiebreaker over them because Fairland has a lesser record ;-)

Now please beat SP so the OVC can have two playoff teams and Coal Grove can share a title with some reputable folk :lol:

cghornet10
JV Team

Post by cghornet10 »

I'd be willing to say, in some accordance with Mr. Fuzz,

In future years, when people see the "co-champs" of the OVC, they will immediatly refer to the game played beween the two and see what that result was.
In the case this week, if either South Point wins or Rock Hill, they will share the title with Coal Grove. When looking at the two games, (between CG and RH / CG and SP) Coal Grove came out on top in both. It will automatically be assumed that Coal Grove was the best team in the leaugue. :lol:

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I have to agree with cghornets10, no one will look at the season as a whole, just what did those two teams do against each other.

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

Yes it would seem that whoever ties with Coal Grove, whether it is Rock Hill or South Point that Coal Grove has "more of the title".

But lets put it another way....lets say Fairland would have beat South Point Friday night and that Fairland and Coal Grove would have tied for first place with one loss in the OVC. Does that mean that Fairland would only have the right to celebrate a first place championship because they beat Coal Grove?? No...I believe both teams have the right to celebrate a co-championship.

Just face it, there is not going to be an outright winner this year (unless Coal Grove would lose and I highly doubt that will happen). Whether its Coal Grove/Rock Hill or Coal Grove/South Point neither team will have the luxury of being the solo winner. If Coal Grove has such a problem sharing a title then they should have played better and beat Fairland...but that didn't happen so thats life. Just like Rock Hill and S.P. didn't beat Coal Grove...it is what it is.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

If Fairland and CG would have tied, I would have accepted the fact that Fairland deserved the title more than CG... because, just like people on here have said, I would always have it in the back of my mind that Coal Grove got beaten by the team they would be "tied with"... I don't know how you guys can keep a straight face and argue this when Coal Grove beat both teams.... Fairland faded at the end. At the present time, Coal Grove is playing the best football in the OVC

Lets put it this way:

Lets this is a playoff situation where you have an 8th-ranked regional team
and a 9th ranked team that have the same record. Now lets say the 9th team loses an early game to a team that's not great but not terrible either, and then this same 9th seed beats the 8th team late in the season... then they finish the season with the same record. Who should get the final spot, the team who started out with a tough loss and got better, or the team who started out good and then sliped up towards the end to a team they're competing with for a playoff spot? To me, the answer is a no-brainer... head-to-head records are a no-brainer tell-tale tie-breaker... I'm completely befuddled that no one seems to get :shock: this :shock: :shock:

Return to “Football”