JMS7MHS
Waterboy

Post by JMS7MHS »

story broke his finger in the previous game because he also plays defence

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

Is Story able to play at all :?:

I hate to hear about his finger. He is really a fine young man and I hate that he is finishing his career banged up.

That is tough when you are a senior.

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

This should be a very interesting game.

Belpre plays outstanding defense and Meigs has been an offensive juggernaut all season long. Something has to give.

The injury to Story will definately be a factor. He does a great job running the offense. English will run hard, but the Belpre D will play very physical.

Can Belpre shut down English :?: Can the Marauders Offense crack the Belpre D :?: Will Packard and Company score enough to keep up with Meigs :?:

Alot of good questions, but Belpre having this game at home, and Meigs being forced to make a QB switch, might be the difference.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

LETS GO EAGLES - MAUL THE MARAUDERS!!!

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

I havent made it to a game all year, but I'm going to be in town finally and and really hoping to catch this one, but my brother told me since I havent been to a game all year, I cant come to this one because it would be bad luck..I was quick to remind him that the Eagles lost the 1st 2 games of the season without me being there...so I'm comin to the game haha

Belpre's D may face their toughest test of the season against Mr. English and Meigs...should be interesting to see how this one turns out. Belpre just needs to come out and play their game. A win gets an outright TVC title and a trip to the playoffs :!: :!:

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
WarriorBoy
Riding the Bench

Post by WarriorBoy »

8) Belpre after the first two week has shown the ability to, in the words of Al Davis: Just Win Baby.... They are not flashy, they do not overwhelm anyone, they are not an in you face team by any means. They have been winning by just playing within themselves. I see them winning again by @10.

Warrior Born, Warrior Bread, Hopefully not soon Warrior Dead.
JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

JMS7MHS...glad to hear Story's finger was broken in a game and not practice as it was first reported on here. That's a little easier to swallow than thinking it was broken in practice.

JMS7MHS
Waterboy

Post by JMS7MHS »

as of now story is starting at the QB spot and if not at Qb he will play TE but you never no with an injury but as of now he is a QB

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Is the broken finger on his throwing hand?

My take on the game is that there are two keys to victory for Meigs: #1 - Defense needs to show up. #2 - Give English the ball outside the tackles...NOT UP THE MIDDLE!
If this happens, Meigs SHOULD win the game.

JMS7MHS
Waterboy

Post by JMS7MHS »

yes the broken finger is on his throwing hand but he was throwing ok in practice monday

Farmer Fran
Waterboy

Post by Farmer Fran »

Belpre wins by the score of 22-0.

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

Glad to hear that Aaron Story is going to be able to play. You hate to see anyone miss a high school game, but especially when it is your Senior year, and the last game of the season.

Story is a great kid. Glad to hear that he will get to play.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

belpre

:D :D :D
91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

i thought meigs would have been a better team this year :arrow: they probably are record wise :arrow: i expected a little more after week 1 ;-)

Eagle1990-93
Waterboy

Post by Eagle1990-93 »

I think they are better than their record indicates.

fasteach
Varsity

a word

Post by fasteach »

they have not played even near their level of talent. don't know why

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

Eagle9093 you are 100% correct; Belpre has to control English in order to win this game. NY held English to 143, we have to do better.
Belpre Seniors this is your night; you guys have to believe in yourselves and get this win.
No matter what, Belpre Eagle football TEAM, you guys are winners.

Belpre Eagles, scramble Meigs, like eggs.

fasteach
Varsity

joke

Post by fasteach »

this is a joke so don't get thin skinned ( like a school to the north)
eagles are the egg layers maybe they get scrambled. :lol:
anyway if you win, and you probably will, i hope you get to the playoffs
if you you get there i hope you skin some teams and win it all
if you do i hope you make about 1/2 your kids mad enough to transfer here so we can get some next year.
maroon and gold are clearly better colors than black and orange.

afan
Riding the Bench

Post by afan »

Fasteach: I can't believe you think any of our Eagle fans could be thin skinned. It wouldn't be the first time an Eagle laid an egg, but not this year. Belpre's coaching staff is watching the nest to close to allow any eggs. Keep up the good work.
This will be a hard fought game on both sides.
Good luck Eagles.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

In Meigs' losses to Point Pleasant, NY, and VC the offense scored 14 points in each game and should have scored more. Against Point a TD pass was dropped in the endzone. A 7 yard run TD run vs NY was called back. Against VC another dropped TD pass and didn't score on a first and goal from the five. This offense can strike very quickly. English can go the distance on any touch. If Story is back, then Jacob Well goes back to receiver. He and Bolin are very fast. Well had 220 yards receiving in one game and Bolin is the leading receiver. If Meigs' defense shows up at all, Belpre loses this one. Meigs will score. Belpre's defense is no better than NY's or VC's. If Belpre puts up the same offensive numbers they did vs VC and NY there is no way they will win.

But hats off to Coach Shriver, his staff, and the team. You've done what you had to do to win. You guys pull this one off and you deserve the outright title.

Return to “Football”