Are portsmouth frosh unbeatable

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

get back to talking about the game,and stop posting negative comments about people and using their real names.

if not this thread goes!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Does Portsmouth have a JV team this year? I was just told by someone that they don't and that there are actually some Sophs that don't play any varsity playing on the Freshman team. Anyone know for sure?

no JV team, and IF there is any sophmores not playing on friday, it is very few.

how ever, I did hear our freshman team finished their schedule last nigt at chily,and wil play 4 more games against JV teams...not sure who yet.

so I am sure what few sophmores we have , not playing on fridays, will get some games in.

Botcowa
Riding the Bench

Post by Botcowa »

Portsmouth canceled the JV game with Chilly. :? But with so many returning starters for the Trojans I can't understand why? As for the freshman team... they are NOT all freshman. Kmon.. 6'6' #75 , some kid 6'5" along with a host of other abnormaly big kids. Held back or not I would have to see records on some of these kids being eligible their senior year. Inquiring minds want to know... :razz:

Football doesn't build charachter....it reveals it.[/size]
hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

the Dowwg speaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Men of Troy--my only comment would be , yes holding a kid back in 1st-8th is somewhat the same, but it depends on the reason. I think what most people are talking about is holding kids back once they are in the 8th grade, for athletic prposes only. Now, if a kids b-day is in August or Sept., then the parent needs to think about keeping the kid back, especially a boy. But, that should, be done in Kindergarten. This topic used to come up all the time when I was at East.There was even some aprents there contemplating it, b/c of their kids small stature..
WHen it is done en masse, is when people percieve it as a problem. oh well, just another thing to debate.
congrats to portsmouths FR team, they must be good to do that to Chilli.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Botcowa wrote:Portsmouth canceled the JV game with Chilly. :? But with so many returning starters for the Trojans I can't understand why? As for the freshman team... they are NOT all freshman. Kmon.. 6'6' #75 , some kid 6'5" along with a host of other abnormaly big kids. Held back or not I would have to see records on some of these kids being eligible their senior year. Inquiring minds want to know... :razz:

6'6 # 75,,is Casey Sanders..yes a freshman....his dad is close to 7 foot , and around 350.....so Casey is not done growing yet :shock: .

and I know AL of the kids on the frosh team,,and would bet the farm they will be eligible to play their senior year..so anyone wants to put their farm on the line,I will take al bets :lol: :lol:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

never did see a score?

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

is that farm in scioto county?

when I left at the start of the 4th it was 19-7 and the Cavs had it to the 1 yard line and had 2 penalties and a sack and ended up punting from th 30 eeeek! The Trojans scored as I was walking out so at least 25-7 in fourth qtr.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

gahs could give them a run for there money

cant stop this
All State

Post by cant stop this »

they are not unbeatable. They have beat Ironton every year by 6 points i belive, although they are a very good team there not unbeatable. A few breaks every year that went against Ironton , not trying to make any excuses but they beat them three times so to sum it all up they are a very gifted group of young men.

West Legend
Riding the Bench

Post by West Legend »

i watched them play west this year and i believe that they only beat west by 3 (19-16) i think.

i no that portsmouth didn`t have all of their players, but they also had a few sophmores playing during that game.

i also believe that holding a kid back helps them the a certain level, but i believe that kids that aren`t held back can be just as good(it just depends on when the player peaks).

look for example west played portsmouth to a three point game. portsmouth had a good number of kids held back,as to where west had no players on their freshman team held back and west stilled played them very close.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

i know one of the lineman brennan howard pretty well, the kids monstorous in staure probably 5'10 5'11 280 pounds, and he's already growing a chinstrap and im pretty sure he's only 15...he's got a very bright future!!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

sportsfan43 wrote:"NO ONE" is unbeatable.

although I have heard this group is undefeated from 7th grade up untill now.

Ironton and Burg also has great Frosh teams

i agree. let's see. in recent weeks. 18-0 new england lost in the super bowl. lynchburg clay i believe was undefeated in boys basketball lost in the sectionals and last night ironton beat a undefeated south point team to win sectionals. this just goes to show that at anytime ANYONE CAN LOSE

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Tobias wrote:
Men of Troy wrote:Redhawk,
FYI...... Jo Jo Parker turned 16 years old during his senior year of football. Just think how bad he would have made you guys look if he was 18 or even 17 for that matter. Get your facts straight before you start bashing kids on here. As for when and if to hold a kid back........I don't see the difference in holding a kid back when they're in 1st, 2nd,3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th grade for crying out loud!! The BOTTOM LINE is that they are a year older and more mature when they are in high school. The OHSAA has an age limit as well. You might want to check that out Redhawk.

Men of Troy...

...have you ever held your child back or were you a child who had been held back in recent years at Portsmouth City Schools?

i agree

Go Bucks
Waterboy

Post by Go Bucks »

Casey Sanders is 6'3 and no one on the team was taller.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

from what i have seen thiss has hurt the numbers at jr level after this group of freshman it going to be some long years at p town ;-)

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

They certainly are not unbeatable but, they are pretty darn good from what I have heard.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Re: Are portsmouth frosh unbeatable

Post by NICKNEVADA »

I know they are tough but expecations will be extremely high, about 10-20 million high. Coach C has been good but with the new complex, 7-3 and 8-2 isn't wanted.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

NICKNEVADA wrote:I know they are tough but expecations will be extremely high, about 10-20 million high. Coach C has been good but with the new complex, 7-3 and 8-2 isn't wanted.

I dont think people mind about the records. I think people just want them to get to the playoffs. I mean, obviously going 10-0 is the big goal. But, if you lose a game or two, then the idea is to get to the playoffs and win some games.

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

Trojans youth are strong and fast. Watch out for years to come.

Army
S

Re:

Post by Army »

bigdaddyblitz wrote:Chillis Freshman will spank them. Corcoran, Oates, Gilbert,Beverly, Mango, Whittaker, too much.Especially behind the big uns up front.

GO CAVS :!: :-D

Good Luck Trojans :!: :-D

Return to “Football”