Are portsmouth frosh unbeatable

jumphigh
Varsity

Are portsmouth frosh unbeatable

Post by jumphigh »

I have talked to several coaches and parents and all that I hear from them is the portsmouth is the real deal. They have a quarterback who can throw, receivers with speed and backs who run hard.

Can anyone slow down the young trojans?

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

"NO ONE" is unbeatable.

although I have heard this group is undefeated from 7th grade up untill now.

Ironton and Burg also has great Frosh teams

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West beat Wheelersburg and played Portsmouth to a TD game at home. Portsmouth was without the great Qb who is the backup on the varsity and West was without probably its best freshman, Pendelton. What matters is how they develop. I really like West's freshman class, especially the skill kids.

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

May find out this week, don't they play a 1 loss Chillicothe (overtime to Big Walnut)?? The Cavs have nice speed, size, and a very "heady" QB.

Calling it like it is...
bigdaddyblitz
Riding the Bench

Post by bigdaddyblitz »

Chillis Freshman will spank them. Corcoran, Oates, Gilbert,Beverly, Mango, Whittaker, too much.Especially behind the big uns up front.

Fatigue makes cowards out of all of us
Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

For 2 1/2 years.....some easy wins....some tough wins......I haven't seen them be beat let alone get spanked........I doubt if this week will be the case either!!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Also remember a few of their kids were held back in the 7th and 8th grade. This helps them the first few years of high school but later the kids will catch up.

Go Bucks
Waterboy

Post by Go Bucks »

spanked ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and unbeatable noway

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

Easy there Big Daddy!!!! Chilly's frosh. see this as a big challenge, but in now way do they think they will "spank" the Trojans. Good luck Cavs!!!

Calling it like it is...
Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Yes.......we do have some kids that held back.......tell me a school who doesn't have kids held back?

BPG
Waterboy

Post by BPG »

jumphigh, you need to post your thoughts on the junior high page, you
might find the level of conversation more your age.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Ouch!!!!.......... :roll: :roll: :roll: Anyways....good luck Trojans tonight!

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

I know of a lot of schools that do not hold kids back, especially in the numbers supposedly this group has intentionally held back. One year older at the junior high and freshman level makes a lot of difference. It makes a lot of difference comparing a 17 year old senior to a 18 year old one.Not saying that they are not good because I have heard they are, but when you hold back 4 or 5 good players it makes a difference.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

JR. High is 8 and under

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Congrats to the Trojans on the big win tonight.........I agree that kids being held back makes a BIG difference......I'm saying that several teams we have played in the past few years have kids that are "1 year older" than their grade should be.....my son is the legal age for his grade at Portsmouth...he has several friends at other area schools the same age, but they are a grade behind.......pre-first grade seems to be how alot of them are staying behind..........whether it's at this time or when they get in jr high....it's all the same.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Does Portsmouth have a JV team this year? I was just told by someone that they don't and that there are actually some Sophs that don't play any varsity playing on the Freshman team. Anyone know for sure?

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

My point is whether they're strongly "encouraged" to go to pre-first grade or held back later...it's pretty much the same.......it's wrong.......yeah....you don't know whether a kid will turn out to be good or not at a young age, but he automatically has an advantage from that point on.........there is age limitations, so I doubt the "company" was 20 years old.....I think you need to check out the ages from all before you single out one and start bashing. I was merely trying to point out it's done quite often and not only our school.

Men of Troy
Waterboy

Post by Men of Troy »

Redhawk,
FYI...... Jo Jo Parker turned 16 years old during his senior year of football. Just think how bad he would have made you guys look if he was 18 or even 17 for that matter. Get your facts straight before you start bashing kids on here. As for when and if to hold a kid back........I don't see the difference in holding a kid back when they're in 1st, 2nd,3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th grade for crying out loud!! The BOTTOM LINE is that they are a year older and more mature when they are in high school. The OHSAA has an age limit as well. You might want to check that out Redhawk.

jumphigh
Varsity

Post by jumphigh »

HATS OFF TO THE TROJANS.

Their freshman team is very good. #11 played a great game. They were able to recover from their mistakes and did not have any critical mistakes deep in the red zone.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

pinapplrdhwk

You need to check your family history then because I know for a fact he was NOT 19 his senior year.
Not sure but I think he did turn 17 during his senior year.

Return to “Football”