Playoffs #8 Ironton @ #1 Wheelersburg

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Re: 11/07 week11 ironton 6-4 @ burg 10-0

Post by BobSugar »

knightruner wrote:Other than Valley just who has Burg beat that they think is better than Ironton. I mean from over here in the west side of the state the SOC don't look any better than the OVC. It looks like the OVC may have 3 teams in the play off and the soc may 2 or 3. For the OVC to be so weak and for the people on here from the SOC saying the OVC wouldn't have any show they don't know what their talking about. Now as far as Ironton and Burg game if it happens I would have to said Burg would be a big favorite playing at home. Time will tell here in another week. We can't wait to play anyone from the Southeast.
Hmmm..... Jackson? Think they might be better than Ironton. Just a guess, but I would pick them over the tigers and the rest of the big, bad OVC.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

The way the Burg beat Jackson I dout it if jackson could beat Ironton. They haven't beat anybody we would consider good but maybe good in the SE. How did the OVC do against the SOC this year, I think it was pretty close. Can't wait to get to play you guys.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

ironton will not make it in

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

IRONTON WAS IN 8TH. BUT A SATURDAY NIGHT GAME MUST HAVE AFFECTED THEM AND THEY DROPPED TO 9TH IN THE REGION. WE LIKELY WON'T MAKE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS WITHOUT HELP 1ST WE HAVE TO BEAT SOUTH POINT. SO YOU PIRATES MAY ESCAPE OUR WRATH. ------------------OOPS, SERIOUSLY I JUST FELL OUTTA MY CHAIR.----------------I don't want any part of the pirates right now. please somebody else fer a change. till we get some things fixed already.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

knightruner wrote:The way the Burg beat Jackson I dout it if jackson could beat Ironton. They haven't beat anybody we would consider good but maybe good in the SE. How did the OVC do against the SOC this year, I think it was pretty close. Can't wait to get to play you guys.
If I counted correctly the SOC went 9-5 against the OVC with the SOC II going 8-1 and the SOC I going 1-4

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Yes. The SOCII dominated the OVC.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

coop wrote:Burg 48
Ironton 13

It won't be close...the only team in D5 that can beat Burg is Coldwater, and Pirates can win that one too.
I truly hope the burg goes all the way. The burg posters are on a natural high from performing well this year except @ Ironton.
Region 17 is definitely the weekest region in division five. If ColdH20 & Creston Norwayne wasn't around the Burg may have a chance. Get out of your own ego & look around. You played a schedule where the team's you played all had down years except valley. Jackson is not as strong as schedule shows either. They just put together a good run from playoff experience& it showed. Do some homework This will be the firsts& last time division five is unloaded like this with ASVSM, Mooney, URSI, Hartley , ottawaw Glandorf, Jonathon alder, st. Clairsville, Johnstown Monroe, Newark licking Valley, Clinton Massie, & others. They will all drop down or go up after this year.

Have you ever seen Coldwater or Creston Norwayne play?
I have.
Last years final
COLDWATER 62
CCC 21.(formerly undefeated)

CCC handled Hartley prior to this.

Coldwaters league is phenomenal. Several state champs yearly in different divisions with their only losses to each other in league play.

The Cavs are big bad Amish boys.
No 1 plays both ways unless you're a stud.

I'm not hating on the burg you will represent, but I'm just preparing you for the heartache.
I saw Kenton play with each Mauk brother & thought that was amazing.

COLDWATER was unbelievably amazing.
You will not stand a chance.

PirateFan888
Waterboy

Post by PirateFan888 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:
Ironton 13

It won't be close...the only team in D5 that can beat Burg is Coldwater, and Pirates can win that one too.
I truly hope the burg goes all the way. The burg posters are on a natural high from performing well this year except @ Ironton.
Region 17 is definitely the weekest region in division five. If ColdH20 & Creston Norwayne wasn't around the Burg may have a chance. Get out of your own ego & look around. You played a schedule where the team's you played all had down years except valley. Jackson is not as strong as schedule shows either. They just put together a good run from playoff experience& it showed. Do some homework This will be the firsts& last time division five is unloaded like this with ASVSM, Mooney, URSI, Hartley , ottawaw Glandorf, Jonathon alder, st. Clairsville, Johnstown Monroe, Newark licking Valley, Clinton Massie, & others. They will all drop down or go up after this year.

I have.
Last years final
COLDWATER 62

Coldwaters league is phenomenal. Several state champs yearly in different divisions with their only losses to each other in league play.

I'm not hating on the burg you will represent, but I'm just preparing you for the heartache.

Wheelersburg will never be intimidated by anyone. Our teams believe that we are always able to win any game at any time. It is never over until the final whistle blows. Fearless, Bold, Tough!!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:
Ironton 13

I have.
Last years final
COLDWATER 62

One thing is for certain. If you were speaking of Ironton you would have a different tune. Get off it man. Burg will never back down.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

knightruner wrote:Other than Valley just who has Burg beat that they think is better than Ironton. I mean from over here in the west side of the state the SOC don't look any better than the OVC. It looks like the OVC may have 3 teams in the play off and the soc may 2 or 3. For the OVC to be so weak and for the people on here from the SOC saying the OVC wouldn't have any show they don't know what their talking about. Now as far as Ironton and Burg game if it happens I would have to said Burg would be a big favorite playing at home. Time will tell here in another week. We can't wait to play anyone from the Southeast.
burg has beat Jackson, valley, and ironton other than that there schedule is just as bad as any local team in Scioto, Lawrence , Gallia county!! for some reason they just wont schedule up , why I don't understand LOL!!

I see no reason why they don't schedule games like Johnson central , cabell midland , capitals , George Washington, point pleasants these games would help team like "burg" but no one gets that !!!!

Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Post by Henry Jones, Jr. »

SOC II > OVC > SOC I
Just for the record, the third place OVC team waxed the first place SOC I team by 50 and beat the TVC Champs. Ironton just beat that team this past weekend. Also, most of the SOC II wins were Burg and Valley winning or against the bottom 2 teams of the OVC. The SOC II is better than the OVC but that doesn't mean the OVC is weak.

If Ironton and Burg play again, and Ironton plays like they did last Friday then they will be in the game.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Henry Jones, Jr. wrote:SOC II > OVC > SOC I
Just for the record, the third place OVC team waxed the first place SOC I team by 50 and beat the TVC Champs. Ironton just beat that team this past weekend. Also, most of the SOC II wins were Burg and Valley winning or against the bottom 2 teams of the OVC. The SOC II is better than the OVC but that doesn't mean the OVC is weak.

If Ironton and Burg play again, and Ironton plays like they did last Friday then they will be in the game.
They may be in the game but it won't be a game.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

P(irate) wrote:
Henry Jones, Jr. wrote:SOC II > OVC > SOC I

They may be in the game but it won't be a game.
I rather go 5-5 or 4-6 or 6-4 against powerhouses than 10-0 against bottom dwellers!!!
schedule up let the chips fall where they may (BE PREPARED)

you guys played 3 , 3 , 3 , 3 let me say again 3 good teams and ironton was the 1 that had you on the ropes and all you guys do is trash talk the tigers!!!!

I will go out on limb now and say if this games happen it will be closer than the valley or Jackson game!!!!

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
burg has beat Jackson, valley, and ironton other than that there schedule is just as bad as any local team in Scioto, Lawrence , Gallia county!! for some reason they just wont schedule up , why I don't understand LOL!!

I see no reason why they don't schedule games like Johnson central , cabell midland , capitals , George Washington, point pleasants these games would help team like "burg" but no one gets that !!!!
Why did Ironton start scheduling down? Please save us we have a history crap too. Your recent history shows the Tigers are a shell of their former self. Ironton ran from the competition in the SEOAL with their fury tail stuck between their crack and joined the weakest league in SEO. Ironton posters need to get off their high horse and prepare for the beat down. The toothless tiger is not feared by anyone.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

my point is IF burg is the KING of south now then ACT like put those games on schedule like ironton of the past did !!!!!!

ironton will recover when they put this past in the past (where it belongs) and move forward!! kids don't want to hear that(they hate history) LOL

it would really help the burg if they did that!!!!

OVCfan23
Waterboy

Post by OVCfan23 »

I don't know why people don't like Ironton fans, already a post about a rematch with Wheelersburg and they aren't currently in the playoffs.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Some of ironton fans are jumped on because they whine about everyyhing after a loss. Its never the other team beat us its always a list of garbage how ironton dominated but lost by 3 tds. There are a few dillusional posters that comprehend the rapid decline of their program.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

courier wrote:Some of ironton fans are jumped on because they whine about everyyhing after a loss. Its never the other team beat us its always a list of garbage how ironton dominated but lost by 3 tds. There are a few dillusional posters that comprehend the rapid decline of their program.
:lol: I couldn't have said it better myself.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Its hard to schedule when people don't want to feel the pain.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironton has no offense that could put points in burg, but a decent defense. Burg in a rematch would probably win 28-7. Posters would say that they hung with them but in reality it would just be the style of football that runs the time out.

Return to “Football”