Russell 13 Ironton 6

Oak
Freshman Team

Re: WK2 Ironton (0-1) @ Russell KY (1-0)

Post by Oak »

Ironton just needs to regroup and show that same heart they displayed in that 4th grade Dodgeball game. If they do that Russell will be so scared they'll crap themselves

jager1979
Waterboy

Post by jager1979 »

Buramgerdin wrote:Excuses excuses. Now it is the coaching. D1 athletes should be able to do what they want at the high school level regardless of coaching.

Face the facts, Ironton has no talent or speed. Russell will exploit the LB play and secondary again this week. The backfield will get no where since they just can't break tackles. I suspect Maynard will key on Scott and once he is taken out of the game adios, good night, turn the lights out. No one else can hurt Russell.
This is like split the pot quote 50/50
Ironton had NO talent or speed.
#24 was the fastest or as fast as anyone burg had on field. And has talent
#74. Has talent n a 3 yrds and a cloud of dust offense and vs other typical D lineman.
#75 has potential but isn't football ready yet.
#24 5 carries in the game and 8 yrds per carry isn't what I'd call taken out of the game
(Every kid on that field has talent)
Now the rest u said I can't disagree with
U take Scott away and there's little to no speed when comparing it to Burg. Other schools I think they will compete and do fine. Burgs overall team athletic ability and speed is that of a D1 type HS school. I'd like to seen nothing more Friday than for Ironton to win. But some blaming coaching etc. you can always find fault n every coach But I've seen a lot of football since I graduated 37 yrs ago. And I personally don't believe Bear Bryant couldn't have won that game. Burg is head and shoulders past Ironton on athletic ability and speed. Unless I'm getting blind in my old age

Some complaining of DB backs? Go look at burg runners/receivers and irontons. Ironton would have 1 or 2 under 12 sec 100. Burg prob has 15 out of those 80 kids. No matter your technique or strength. If you are slower as a db the faster receiver will be open especially if the Qb has a good arm and has time to throw. Irontons QB is pretty good but when u have 3-4 guys as fast as u or faster chasing you every time u drop bk you're not gonna find any open receivers. It's 1 game Ironton will fig it out. Friday will be maybe Irontons biggest game. If they win they could go 9-1 IMO.

Dinnertyme69
Waterboy

Post by Dinnertyme69 »

Buramgerdin wrote:Excuses excuses. Now it is the coaching. D1 athletes should be able to do what they want at the high school level regardless of coaching.

Face the facts, Ironton has no talent or speed. Russell will exploit the LB play and secondary again this week. The backfield will get no where since they just can't break tackles. I suspect Maynard will key on Scott and once he is taken out of the game adios, good night, turn the lights out. No one else can hurt Russell.
Who's a division 1 athlete?

HOGS LEAD THE WAY
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Dinnertyme69 wrote:

Ask your fellow ovc buddy, ibtt. Hahaha

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

As much as I love to see ironton lose, which was a rare thing until a few years ago, I was ALMOST speechless at the lack of heart that they displayed last Friday. You could literally see the team quit as soon as the " goin " got rough. Russell had a good team and will come out swinging, I see no reason to believe that ironton will somehow respond differently than last week. Russell in a snoozer.

jager1979
Waterboy

Post by jager1979 »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
Dinnertyme69 wrote:

Ask your fellow ovc buddy, ibtt. Hahaha
IBTT just makes it to easy for you all. Can't say it's not deserving. On a side note I think he's opening up a scouting service $1,500 fee and he will get you a D1 scholarship.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

DAGNABBIT THIS IS A TOUGH CROWD. COME ON TIGERS == UP OFF THE MAT, AND LET'S BEAT THE RED DEVILS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

What a program :lol:
Last edited by sportygrl on Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

Oak wrote:Ironton just needs to regroup and show that same heart they displayed in that 4th grade Dodgeball game. If they do that Russell will be so scared they'll crap themselves

this is hilarious!!!

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

sportygrl wrote:Ironton's program needs to man up. The boys looked like scared lil boys at Wheelersburg. If Vass thinks he's gonna run the ball straight at them he better be getting a new plan because these boys are too soft. Ironton's past teams could take a beaten and they darn sure could give one. There has to be structure and discipline and the coaches now act like they aren't allowed to say or do anything in fear of pissing the wrong ones off. It shouldn't matter whom your daddy is or what Lafon says. If a kid runs, throws, hits, sees the plays, and doesn't get up every time acting like a pansy, has gone all practice and has practiced endurance, then that kid should be the one playing the positions. The kids don't play with heart and that's what is missing from our Ironton tradition. The kids are raised to bleed orange and black. Let's see if they feel it this Friday..Go Tigers
The kids take on their head coaches personality bottom line!

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

There's someone calling the shots at Ironton,and it ain't Lafon. Take a look around

IBTT- open mouth insert foot. From what I saw,you weren't in the same ballpark with your take on this team.

Things better turn around real quick or its gonna get real ugly. And that might be hard to get uglier than the Burg game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

sportygrl wrote:Ironton's program needs to man up. The boys looked like scared lil boys at Wheelersburg. If Vass thinks he's gonna run the ball straight at them he better be getting a new plan because these boys are too soft. Ironton's past teams could take a beaten and they darn sure could give one. There has to be structure and discipline and the coaches now act like they aren't allowed to say or do anything in fear of pissing the wrong ones off. It shouldn't matter whom your daddy is or what Lafon says. If a kid runs, throws, hits, sees the plays, and doesn't get up every time acting like a pansy, has gone all practice and has practiced endurance, then that kid should be the one playing the positions. The kids don't play with heart and that's what is missing from our Ironton tradition. The kids are raised to bleed orange and black. Let's see if they feel it this Friday..Go Tigers
I really love the content of this post.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Good luck to Ironton, it is obviously to our benefit for the Tigers to win as many games as possible.

However, Russell wins this one I do believe.

The post above by sportygrl has some merit. Football players come in all sizes and shapes. Find them and play them. It is that simple.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good Luck Ironton!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Home field advantage!

Russell 35

ironton 18

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

shine you hocking fellers needs to give us some more confidence like I do them purple injuns.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:shine you hocking fellers needs to give us some more confidence like I do them purple injuns.
My picks are not with my heart but with my billfold!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I stand corrected then.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

IBTT wrote:Fool or not, I don't believe anyone would have expected the total lack of understanding of the game by the defensive backfield that we saw Friday night. I knew we have been bad in the past number of years in our defensive backfield and that we had a change at that coaching position this year. I just never expected them to have been that lost. Yes, going in everyone expects Burg to be a good passing team, but to have ten yards on their guy every 30+ yard pass. That coach should no longer have a place on the team. As far as our line, offensive and defensively, Ironton was pushed around all night long. They will get one doozy of a lineman back from injuries this week and another next week. Other than that, I say play the freshmen. Quicker and stronger.

Russell has good coaching and I'm sure they will try to take advantage of everything burg did. That being said, sadly that could be just about every part of our team. The ends bit on the qb fake every time. The Burg line had two/three guys on our linebackers each play. Time to see who wants to play and empty the bench if they don't step up.
From South Carolina recruit to a "total lack of understanding of the game" in less than a week. What a fickle thing recruiting is.

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

Game day wrote:
The kids take on their head coaches personality bottom line!
Well that would explain a lot then wouldn't it? If we had real coaches in there that actually had a pair.....maybe they could show these kids how to play like men. All this bunch did was show us that they definitely don't want to play powder puff against too many girls. Listen, Bob Lutz football was great; but with today's times you have to be able to do something different than up the gut. Horse shoe formation and stack the house, air the ball out (not to the other team). You just have to have more plays. If you are a coach playing against an Ironton team, Hell, you should know that Ironton play book front to back by heart cause it never changes.

Return to “Football”