Wheelersburg 38 Fairland 7

fbnut
SEOP

Re: WK2 Wheelersburg (1-0) @ Fairland (0-1)

Post by fbnut »

I think I'll watch them for a few weeks before I start talking about deep playoff runs. I think they are solid but I not sure they are as great as some on here think. The burg has a long way to go.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

fbnut wrote:I think I'll watch them for a few weeks before I start talking about deep playoff runs. I think they are solid but I not sure they are as great as some on here think. The burg has a long way to go.
The burg does have a long way to go. However, our schedule sucks because everyone on it is terrible this year. Our region is soft. Just like last year. Burg will play till they meet coldwater in the semis.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

But as far as southeastern Ohio football goes. Burg is leagues above the rest. Right now...

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Long way to go to think about extended play

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

fbnut wrote:I think I'll watch them for a few weeks before I start talking about deep playoff runs. I think they are solid but I not sure they are as great as some on here think. The burg has a long way to go.
Have to agree a long way to go. That o-line is avg at best and I'm not sure teams with avg o-lines make deep playoff runs. Russell's D-line had there way with them. Don't give me the pass protection was good in week 1, that Ironton d-line couldn't break through toilet paper.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

BurgGrad6 wrote:But as far as southeastern Ohio football goes. Burg is leagues above the rest. Right now...
I would agree with that.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I'm sure the coaches are addressing this. No need to fret guys. You can try and pick them apart all you want. But at the end of the day a W is a W.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

noreply66 wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:But as far as southeastern Ohio football goes. Burg is leagues above the rest. Right now...
I would agree with that.
I couldn't agree more. Burg is definitely the best team in this area and prolly one of the best in this half the state if not in the state. Cold H2O or any other team we might face in wk 14 better be ready. IMO this yrs burg is better than last yr

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

WOW.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Not a put down on Burg, but are they better or is the SEO weaker?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Drilling a terrible Ironton team doesn't make them better.

And I would say Ridgewood will be able to compete.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Cold water has been put on knotice, for sure!!

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Wheelersburg beat what may turn out to be the worst Ironton team ever.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Crab's Brother wrote:Drilling a terrible Ironton team doesn't make them better.

And I would say Ridgewood will be able to compete.
I agree. If I remember correctly ridgewood had a very young team last year.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Mad-Dogg wrote:
noreply66 wrote:
I would agree with that.
I couldn't agree more. Burg is definitely the best team in this area and prolly one of the best in this half the state if not in the state. Cold H2O or any other team we might face in wk 14 better be ready. IMO this yrs burg is better than last yr
And you can tell this after 1 ball game? Be careful or people will start saying your the burgs version of IBTT.
For what it's worth this is my opinion after watching 3 scrimmages and 1 game. This years team is not nearly as physical on either side of the ball, they don't have a jake Darnell hitter at Db, I don't think they have a Sam hall on either side of the ball. This years team has more depth and more big play-quick strike skilled guys. This years team is good and will get better but I'm not sure they will ever get to the level of last years team.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Let's wait til week nine before we make any bold statements.

Dinnertyme69
Waterboy

Post by Dinnertyme69 »

JTEK wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
noreply66 wrote:
I would agree with that.
And you can tell this after 1 ball game? Be careful or people will start saying your the burgs version of IBTT.
For what it's worth this is my opinion after watching 3 scrimmages and 1 game. This years team is not nearly as physical on either side of the ball, they don't have a jake Darnell hitter at Db, I don't think they have a Sam hall on either side of the ball. This years team has more depth and more big play-quick strike skilled guys. This years team is good and will get better but I'm not sure they will ever get to the level of last years team.
:shock: already playing week 14 lol

HOGS LEAD THE WAY
Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Anyone Wanna Listen To This Game, Be Sure To Tune Into Burgfan.com As Usual!

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

PORTSMOUTH WHIPPED VALLEY, SO WHAT SOC TEAM WILL CHALLENGE BURG. ROCK HILL DOMINATED MINFORD. BURG FANS ALWAYS TOSSING SHOTS AT THE OVC BUT THE OVC WILL DOMINATE THE SOC THIS YEAR FOR SURE. BURG MIGHT GO 10-0 BASED ON SCHEDULE ALONE. PORTSMOUTH CAN BEAT BURG MORE TALENT, BUT LIKE I SAID BURG IS WOODARDS SYSTEM DONT MATTER THE PLAYER UNTIL COACHES FIGURE OUT THE SPREAD AROUND HERE BETTER. GO UP NORTH PLAY THOSE COLUMBUS TEAMS LETS SEE HOW GOOD BURG REALLY IS

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

JTEK wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
noreply66 wrote:
I would agree with that.
Of course he can tell this after one game,he reads cal preps. Lol

Return to “Football”