Russell 13 Ironton 6

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 2 (0-1) Ironton @ Russell Ky

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BigChuck wrote:[img]image.jpeg[/img]
AT'S FUNNY RIGHT THERE. IT HAIN'T RIGHT, BUT STILL KINDA FUNNY.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I hope they are running their guts out today. Run run run, get those lungs and legs ready for Friday night.

Fighting Tigers, HIT SOMEBODY!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

let's hope so.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
jager1979
Waterboy

Post by jager1979 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:let's hope so.
Bait did you make the game Friday ?

jager1979
Waterboy

Post by jager1979 »

Ironton 31 Russell 24

Watched this game last year and we blew this game I thought , we had our chances. anyone know if Russell's QB is back from last year?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

jager1979 wrote:Ironton 31 Russell 24

Watched this game last year and we blew this game I thought , we had our chances. anyone know if Russell's QB is back from last year?
Did they blow it so much or were they just devestated by injuries by the second half? I still can't believe how quiet the news on Pallidino was. What in the world happened to him that year?? I thought he was special.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

jager1979 wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:let's hope so.
Bait did you make the game Friday ?

no I did not get back in time to get there. listened to it on the computer though.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK2 Ironton (0-1) @ Russell KY (1-0)

I hope the fighting tigers can make a big turnaround this week.

Dinnertyme69
Waterboy

Post by Dinnertyme69 »

#10 scores on both sides of the ball and I don't think I've seen a better back then #4 for Russell. 48-0 Devils.

HOGS LEAD THE WAY
TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Number 75 I noticed for Ironton is a giant kid. Saw him make several nice plays on D but he was getting exhausted in the heat.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

We played russell in our jamboree game wk before last. They are a good team. Sorry tiger fans but IMO this game might be just as bad if not worse than last wk

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
jager1979
Waterboy

Post by jager1979 »

TrojanXplosion wrote:
jager1979 wrote:Ironton 31 Russell 24

Did they blow it so much or were they just devestated by injuries by the second half? I still can't believe how quiet the news on Pallidino was. What in the world happened to him that year?? I thought he was special.
You are right trojanX you don't get scholarship to play football without being special. Injury that wouldn't go away without time/rest. Losing him no doubt hurt. And lost starting d end But still had opportunities to win. That was one that hurt IMO. Burg 14-6 played well but I'm not saying we should've won that especially after the playoff game. But Russell we let slip.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

TrojanXplosion wrote:Number 75 I noticed for Ironton is a giant kid. Saw him make several nice plays on D but he was getting exhausted in the heat.
That's Larry Morris I believe. Solid baseball player as well for Ironton

ROLL PEAKE
tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

IRONTON DID PLAY THEM LAST IN THE PLAYOFFS IM JUST SAYING MAKING THAT THE FIRST GAME IS DIFFICULT BECAUSE THERE IS TOO MUCH HYPE AND THE BOYS NEED 1 UNDER THERE BELT ONE THAT ISNT SO PERSONAL

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Fool or not, I don't believe anyone would have expected the total lack of understanding of the game by the defensive backfield that we saw Friday night. I knew we have been bad in the past number of years in our defensive backfield and that we had a change at that coaching position this year. I just never expected them to have been that lost. Yes, going in everyone expects Burg to be a good passing team, but to have ten yards on their guy every 30+ yard pass. That coach should no longer have a place on the team. As far as our line, offensive and defensively, Ironton was pushed around all night long. They will get one doozy of a lineman back from injuries this week and another next week. Other than that, I say play the freshmen. Quicker and stronger.

Russell has good coaching and I'm sure they will try to take advantage of everything burg did. That being said, sadly that could be just about every part of our team. The ends bit on the qb fake every time. The Burg line had two/three guys on our linebackers each play. Time to see who wants to play and empty the bench if they don't step up.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you have to get some pressure on the qb, and indeed play much better in the secondary.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I've been able to watch the Russell game the last 2 years and last years we just blew the game. That back for Russell, Conley is just tough and fast. He has given us problems the past 2 years. They run those sweeps and we gotta be able to stop it or at least contain it for a chance to win.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Excuses excuses. Now it is the coaching. D1 athletes should be able to do what they want at the high school level regardless of coaching.

Face the facts, Ironton has no talent or speed. Russell will exploit the LB play and secondary again this week. The backfield will get no where since they just can't break tackles. I suspect Maynard will key on Scott and once he is taken out of the game adios, good night, turn the lights out. No one else can hurt Russell.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

tigerfan98 wrote:IRONTON DID PLAY THEM LAST IN THE PLAYOFFS IM JUST SAYING MAKING THAT THE FIRST GAME IS DIFFICULT BECAUSE THERE IS TOO MUCH HYPE AND THE BOYS NEED 1 UNDER THERE BELT ONE THAT ISNT SO PERSONAL
Complete nonsense :roll:

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

IBTT wrote:Fool or not, I don't believe anyone would have expected the total lack of understanding of the game by the defensive backfield that we saw Friday night. I knew we have been bad in the past number of years in our defensive backfield and that we had a change at that coaching position this year. I just never expected them to have been that lost. Yes, going in everyone expects Burg to be a good passing team, but to have ten yards on their guy every 30+ yard pass. That coach should no longer have a place on the team. As far as our line, offensive and defensively, Ironton was pushed around all night long. They will get one doozy of a lineman back from injuries this week and another next week. Other than that, I say play the freshmen. Quicker and stronger.

Russell has good coaching and I'm sure they will try to take advantage of everything burg did. That being said, sadly that could be just about every part of our team. The ends bit on the qb fake every time. The Burg line had two/three guys on our linebackers each play. Time to see who wants to play and empty the bench if they don't step up.
It's not the coaches fault the kids got torched. I saw numerous passes with 2 or 3 Ironton DBs around the receiver. Burg kids just made the play. You can't coach that. That's pure athleticism.

Return to “Football”