Wheelersburg 38 Fairland 7

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: WK2 BURG @ FAIRLAND

Post by BurgGrad6 »

TrojanXplosion wrote:#2 receiver for Wheelersburg is a giant! I don't see anyone matching his size in the secondary, anywhere. Wheelersburg blew me away Friday night with all of the speed and playmakers. This team is dangerous and a treat to watch.
#2 is sophomore too. Lol

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
TrojanXplosion wrote:#2 receiver for Wheelersburg is a giant! I don't see anyone matching his size in the secondary, anywhere. Wheelersburg blew me away Friday night with all of the speed and playmakers. This team is dangerous and a treat to watch.
#2 is sophomore too. Lol

:shock: :shock: :shock:

jager1979
Waterboy

Post by jager1979 »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
jager1979 wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:Does faitland not have any fans on here? I seen the film of the game against west. Fairland looks like they have good size and fast athletes.
Bg6 you get ur scouting report from IBTT
LMAO no. I seen their film. I don't think this game will be close by any means. But, fairland does look to have a couple quick athletes and some decent size linemen
They do. Our athletic goggles are a lil diff script than IBTT. I felt Ironton would compete somewhat within 2-3 scores at worst. And I think there's a lot of reasons you can blame why that didn't happen. However , you could fix everything and one thing still remains. Burg is night and day more athletic than Ironton #24 is the only kid that showed ANY chance of hurting Burg. Ironton has some good kids and football players but at the end of the day we had F150s trying to catch a Porche .
Burg beats Fairland 42-6

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

TrojanXplosion wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:
#2 is sophomore too. Lol

:shock: :shock: :shock:
:lol:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

And both QB's are Juniors. Burg is relatively young.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I remember Lowery being at Portsmouth. he looks like a different QB this year. I mean that the best way possible.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

If there is anyone in the know about the JV AND freshman scores this year would post them it would be of great interest to those who can't make it to the games.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

JV was up 20-0 vs Ironton at the half. Looks like all of that talent ibtt was referring to must have sat out again?

#24 had some skill. Not D1 skill, but had skill. Other than that Ironton had no speed. The backs looked like they were running with combat boots on.

piratepride86
JV Team

Re: WK2 Wheelersburg (1-0) @ Fairland (0-1)

Post by piratepride86 »

Freshman played Greenup
Won 20/14
Need some work done (staff and players)

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

Wheelersburg @ Ironton JV Game last night

Wheelersburg led 7-0 at half

Final scored ended 21-0

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
#2 is sophomore too. Lol
Holden is high major D1 basketball caliber (one website has him ranked 7th in state for class of 2019) and will probably go the basketball route. But a kid with his size and athleticism would likely be a D1 wide receiver as well.*

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

art_vandelay wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:
#2 is sophomore too. Lol
Holden is high major D1 basketball caliber (one website has him ranked 7th in state for class of 2019) and will probably go the basketball route. But a kid with his size and athleticism would likely be a D1 wide receiver as well.*

You an importer or exporter, Vandelay?

Dinnertyme69
Waterboy

Post by Dinnertyme69 »

fbnut wrote:Still not sure I'm sold on that burg oline. Qbs ran well but they weren't opening up any holes for the backs. I'm afraid a decent Dline that can move a little will cause the burg fits.
I seen the same thing.

HOGS LEAD THE WAY
callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Thanks for the scores, nice to see how the younger kids are doing. If you have scores in later weeks I'm sure people are interested.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Dinnertyme69 wrote:
fbnut wrote:Still not sure I'm sold on that burg oline. Qbs ran well but they weren't opening up any holes for the backs. I'm afraid a decent Dline that can move a little will cause the burg fits.
I seen the same thing.
I saw that as well. But they need a little more time to gel as a unit. They all have the ability. Also how many time did you see 3 new lineman run in? They switched around quite a bit. Pass blocking was pretty well executed. Qb's had time to throw. Only when they held on to the ball a little too long did they have to take off. I don't see it as a big concern. Burg was still able to run the ball effectively.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Fairland may be able to at least give Wheelersburg a better look than Ironton. Hard to believe. I still can't believe how flat out bad Ironton was. Zero intensity. Pass coverage?? Uhh...wasn't there. Hate to keep ragging on them but man, that was tough.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I think they may. I don't see much more. Burg will take the flame out of the Dragons mouth before half time. Hard to keep up with the depth Burg has and all the weapons. I say Holden goes for 8 catches 148 yards and 3 TD's.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

P(irate) wrote:I think they may. I don't see much more. Burg will take the flame out of the Dragons mouth before half time. Hard to keep up with the depth Burg has and all the weapons. I say Holden goes for 8 catches 148 yards and 3 TD's.
Oh, it won't be a game. They may be able to at least muster a couple first downs. Something the DI loaded Fighting Tigers couldn't obtain.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

With the exception of maybe waverly or jackson and some say not even them. I IMO I honestly don't see anyone on the burg schedule or even the region for that matter giving the burg a challenge. The only challenge I see us getting is when we face Cold H20 in the state semi finals or the state finals. Depending on how bad the state wants to screw up again. IMO last yrs state finals was played in the rain in xenia which ended up bein a 36-6 loss to the formentioned Cold H2O

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Canton Central Catholic at least pushed Coldwater in the finals. CCC won their semi by 3 points. Wheelersburg was right where they should've been.

Return to “Football”