Playoffs #8 Ironton @ #1 Wheelersburg

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: Playoffs #8 Ironton @ #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

You always have hope for your team especially after they win 6 in a row. I am proud of these Tigers, no matter what people think of my posts last night. I wasn't jumping ship- NEVER.
I have a brain I use well & the Tigers needed that first drive to be a bit more successful & end in a TD. They got close, but not enough to finish that drive for a TD. I knew Every possession needed to be that way for IHS to have a chance. Once that started crumbling you know what burg is capable of & they showed it quite well.

The IHS seniors & youngsters, did the best they could with what they were led to do, so hats off to them & a big congrats on the huge 6 game comeback & playoff spot. That showed a lot of pride & guts on the players part to pull off!!! The frosh & sophomore classes have 17-19 players returning, but next years seniors class has only 10 -11. All of the seniors graduating played both ways. Hats off to J.Pleasant, he came in late season & was all over that field making solid tackles! He had 2 major tackles on 3rd down that forced burg to go 3 & out & he got in the backfield for a sack on burg's QB , & another one he assisted on. He's listed as a 5'10 , 190fb. There's a bright way to end this season!!!

For the Burg:

Do your best & bring home the big one!
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is Wheelersburg the only Ohio school Ironton lost to this season and that was twice. Weren't the other 3 losses to Ashland, Boyd County, and Russell?

Also, what is the head to head now? I know the Burg has won 5 in a row in 3 years.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

^^^^^ they lost to beechwood ky ,ashland , Russell !!! you guys and beechwood would been a good game they play similar ball as burg
Last edited by cg-ironton fan on Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

They announced the series stats last night on iheartradio. This is a pretty solid guess, with the win, the burg is still down -10/12 games.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:They announced the series stats last night on iheartradio. This is a pretty solid guess, with the win, the burg is still down -10/12 games.
I think it's actually closer than that. I believe within the last 3 years it's gotten to 17-10 or 17-11 in favor of Ironton

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Pretty sure they've met 27 times with ironton winning 17 of those.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

It is 27 games.
17-10 Ironton

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Great job by the soph #13, showed nice speed and quickness. Very nice change of pace back for burgs offense.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Nice win for their antes. Congrats to Ironton on a good season. We always love playing class programs.

Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Re: 11/06 week11 ironton 6-4 @ burg 10-0

Post by Henry Jones, Jr. »

P(irate) wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
Henry Jones, Jr. wrote:Page 13?!

Here is how Ironton is going to win this game:
They will receive the opening kickoff and take about 10 minutes off the clock in the first quarter. They will drive to the Wheelersburg 10 yard line and make a Field Goal. 3-0 Tigers

Then they will kick off and recover a surprise on side kick. Then they will run off another 8 minutes of the clock scoring on 3rd and goal with about 5 minutes remaining in the 2nd Quarter. 10-0 Tigers

Burg will then return the next kickoff and score TD with about 2 minutes to go in 2nd quarter. 10-7 Tigers

Burg will try their own on side kick which the Tigers will recover and move the ball quickly into field goal range 13-7 Tigers at the half.

2nd Half
Burg muffs the kickoff and starts in bad field position. They move the ball to mid field, but due to horrible calls, the drive stalls and they are forced to punt. Tigers get the ball and hold on to it until about 10 minutes to go in 4th quarter, when they push in another TD. 20-7 Tigers, 9:49 to go in the 4th

Burg then takes the kickoff and puts together a nice drive, scoring with about 4 minutes to go in the game: 20-14

They try another onside kick that the Tigers barely recover. Tigers drive into Burg territory converting on a gutsy 4th and 3. And then they take the Victory Formation and move on to week 2.

Wheelersburg gets at the most 3 Possessions in the game, and SEOPs will never be the same.

So here is my point, I think the number of possessions is going to be the key stat in this game. If Burg only touches the ball four or less times then Ironton will be right in the thick of it. If Burg gets their hands on the ball more than 5 times, then they will be difficult to beat.
More like........ Burg wins the toss and defers to the second half. Ironton goes 3 and out on first possession and forced to punt. Burg scores 9 plays later. Ironton is the forced to punt once again. The punter shanks it. Burg scores 2 plays later and personal foul on Tiger's. Burg pulls the inside kick and get the ball inside Irontons 40. Burg runs power set the whole way to the end zone and we are 21-0 my friends with 6 to go in the half. Ironton the n gets to field goal range and makes it 21-3 at half.

Burg has a nice return and starts at the Ironton 45. Play action pass to the tight end for the score. 28-3 Burg with 11:23 left in the 3rd. Ironton has a long drive that stalls just inside the 10 and have to settle for another field goal. 28-6. Burg takes time off the clock with a 14 play drive that results in a field goal. 31-6 with 10 to play. Ironton is forced to throw the ball and PICK SIX. 38-6! Personal foul on Ironton. Sack, completion, incomplete, sack and interception on Irontons next drive. Personal foul Ironton. Burg runs time off the clock and ends the game at 4 yrd line with a victory formation.
Dang that was close
I was good up until the 4th and 3; and it went all downhill from there! :-/

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Depending on who coaches Ironton next year, Burg will beat them by 40+, running clock next year. Ironton has nearly nothing coming up. Look at the roster. Ironton dressed less than 20 upper classman last night and most of those were seniors, the juniors and sophs numbers are very very low. Teams are usually as good as their seniors, Ironton won't have many, Burg will have nearly 20 seniors. Another blow out and running clock.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Buramgerdin wrote:Depending on who coaches Ironton next year, Burg will beat them by 40+, running clock next year. Ironton has nearly nothing coming up. Look at the roster. Ironton dressed less than 20 upper classman last night and most of those were seniors, the juniors and sophs numbers are very very low. Teams are usually as good as their seniors, Ironton won't have many, Burg will have nearly 20 seniors. Another blow out and running clock.
I agree. The skilled kids are talented but they will have to replace a lot of lineman. They do that and they could be very dangerous.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Mad-Dogg wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:that feeling I had down deep in my bones about a victory I found out is a kidney stone. don't get me laughing.so I don't want that feeling anymore.
good one bait

ACTUALLY I'M DEAD SERIOUS MD. BEEN ON BEDREST AND USING A WALKER SINCE EARLY FRIDAY. STILL AIN'T PASSED IT YET. GOOD LUCK TO YOUR PIRATES IN WEEK 12.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:that feeling I had down deep in my bones about a victory I found out is a kidney stone. don't get me laughing.so I don't want that feeling anymore.
good one bait

ACTUALLY I'M DEAD SERIOUS MD. BEEN ON BEDREST AND USING A WALKER SINCE EARLY FRIDAY. STILL AIN'T PASSED IT YET. GOOD LUCK TO YOUR PIRATES IN WEEK 12.
OUCH!! hope it passes soon. thanks

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

me to dogg. I really wanted to go Friday, then this started early Friday morning. you guys have a fine program. good luck to you all, and you know I really mean that. maybe next summer I can meet up with some of you burg dudes again before the game, on that grassy noll there in the pirate ship man.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:me to dogg. I really wanted to go Friday, then this started early Friday morning. you guys have a fine program. good luck to you all, and you know I really mean that. maybe next summer I can meet up with some of you burg dudes again before the game, on that grassy noll there in the pirate ship man.
sounds good. i'm always up for meeting some fellow posters

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I remember meeting you a couple of years ago there.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I remember meeting you a couple of years ago there.
I think it may have been the first game at burg when we got our turf

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
burg1
Riding the Bench

Post by burg1 »

Just heard that the game Friday night vs. Ridgewood will be at Logan High School.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Cpt. Obvious wrote:Pretty sure they've met 27 times with ironton winning 17 of those.
It's the ten range. They went over it pre-game. Before these four wins it was @ 15. I didn't write it down, but I just remember it would end up @ the ten mark with the loss.

Return to “Football”