Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

Oak
Freshman Team

Re: WEEK 1 IRONTON @WHEELERSBURG -- YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by Oak »

Not sure. I still don't think they were as great last year as some say. Everyone else just just sucked and made a really good team seem dominate.

I would say if Jackson dominated Ashland they are definitely a candidate.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Oak wrote:Not sure. I still don't think they were as great last year as some say. Everyone else just just sucked and made a really good team seem dominate.

I would say if Jackson dominated Ashland they are definitely a candidate.
Really? So Jackson was no good last year? How did that game turn out? You are grasping at straws. Seems you keep coming up with the short one's.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Jackson was good not great.
If Wheelersburg was great they wouldn't have gotten beat like they did.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Sounds like there was only 7 great teams last year.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

noreply66 wrote:Sounds like there was only 7 great teams last year.
:roll: Where do these people come from?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Oak wrote:Jackson was good not great.
By the eventual State Champion. You are such a Debby Downer. Anything else you would like to bash on? The floor is all yours.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

You just said everyone else sucked. So how was Jackson good if they sucked?

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

P(irate) wrote:
You just said everyone else sucked. So how was Jackson good if they sucked?
Well I was meaning the SOCII and the Region. Jackson was a good team. Wheelersburg was a good team. But who you play does matter even if it's out of your control. Wheelersburg won a weak Region that was minus the normal heavyweights.

Valley went just as far 2 years ago with a team that finished 3rd in the SOC. Teams they had the three prior years were much better, but they ran into Bucyrus Wynford, Newark Catholic, and Liberty Union.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

So this has been entertaining reading so far. I think this is all hilarious. You guys are forgetting one thing though, it's week 1. Used to be you had to get Ironton early if you wanted to beat them cause as the season went on they got better and stronger. Burg for the past few years has been like that, get them early or you ain't getting them cause they get stronger and better as the year goes on.

From watching practice here's my take on this game. For Ironton to win they need their line to play up to expectations. They are big, but so far haven't showed that killer instinct they need to finish off blocks and not quit til the whistle blows. The backs need to just take care of the ball and no turnovers. Take care of the ball will be the important thing in this game for both sides. The X factor is the Scott boy. We really haven't got to see what he is capable of yet. I've seen a little bit of his speed and athleticism and he's impressive, but again he needs someone to open holes for him to be able to run through you know. This game could go either way. I'm looking at Ironton winning by 7. They jump out early and stun Burg 28-0 in first half. Then hold on to win 28-21. Or it could be a running clock in the second half. Not sure like I said 1st game of season anything can happen.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Tigercannon71 wrote:So this has been entertaining reading so far. I think this is all hilarious. You guys are forgetting one thing though, it's week 1. Used to be you had to get Ironton early if you wanted to beat them cause as the season went on they got better and stronger. Burg for the past few years has been like that, get them early or you ain't getting them cause they get stronger and better as the year goes on.

From watching practice here's my take on this game. For Ironton to win they need their line to play up to expectations. They are big, but so far haven't showed that killer instinct they need to finish off blocks and not quit til the whistle blows. The backs need to just take care of the ball and no turnovers. Take care of the ball will be the important thing in this game for both sides. The X factor is the Scott boy. We really haven't got to see what he is capable of yet. I've seen a little bit of his speed and athleticism and he's impressive, but again he needs someone to open holes for him to be able to run through you know. This game could go either way. I'm looking at Ironton winning by 7. They jump out early and stun Burg 28-0 in first half. Then hold on to win 28-21. Or it could be a running clock in the second half. Not sure like I said 1st game of season anything can happen.
You must be drinking the same Kool Aid as IBTT. When was the last time Ironton scored 28 points in the first half? Even further, when was the last time Burg gave up 28 in a REGULAR season game?

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

Since you asked:
2012 Ironton L 27-32
2011 Ironton L 13-42; Valley L 27-39; West L 14-40
2010 Oak Hill L 22-29; Portsmouth Won 34-28
Your point?

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

P(irate) wrote:
Tigercannon71 wrote:So this has been entertaining reading so far. I think this is all hilarious. You guys are forgetting one thing though, it's week 1. Used to be you had to get Ironton early if you wanted to beat them cause as the season went on they got better and stronger. Burg for the past few years has been like that, get them early or you ain't getting them cause they get stronger and better as the year goes on.

You must be drinking the same Kool Aid as IBTT. When was the last time Ironton scored 28 points in the first half? Even further, when was the last time Burg gave up 28 in a REGULAR season game?

Wasn't too long ago Burg gave up 28 and scored none. Jackson 2014, season and a half ago.

But that being said I don't think that gets repeated by the Tigers this year. My Pirates take this one in Week 1 by a comfortable score.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wobycat wrote:I hope both coaches tell their players to stay away from these places. Know one knows who's behind these chat walls and what their true motives are.

true enough woby, at lot of times these are posters that don't even back a school they claim too, just to start stuff on the boards.
great point.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

http://burgfan.com/roster.html
That's a lot of kids for a d5 school!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Ptguard wrote:Since you asked:
2012 Ironton L 27-32
2011 Ironton L 13-42; Valley L 27-39; West L 14-40
2010 Oak Hill L 22-29; Portsmouth Won 34-28
Your point?
2 years ago was my point.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Abe Froman wrote:
P(irate) wrote:

Wasn't too long ago Burg gave up 28 and scored none. Jackson 2014, season and a half ago.

But that being said I don't think that gets repeated by the Tigers this year. My Pirates take this one in Week 1 by a comfortable score.
That's what I'm saying. I am not claiming Burg to be a Juggernaut, however they have a pretty stellar defense year in and year out as of late. Also Ironton scoring 28 in the first half? Come on.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

It's week 1 anything can happen. Heck anything can happen any week in high school football.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tigercannon71 wrote:It's week 1 anything can happen. Heck anything can happen any week in high school football.
Very true. Turnovers, busted assignments, can happen quickly. In addition if burg can't get it together tackling wise they could easily be there, however burg will score too. This will be a good game. I doubt we see any running clock.

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

I predict Burg brings it all together Friday night. Burg looked sloppy at times in their overall win at the Russell 7 on 7, Chillicothe scrimmage victory and Russell scrimmage victory....but they have learned and cleaned it up. Look for a strong team effort Friday. I predict Burg victory 24-13.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

P(irate) wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:
P(irate) wrote: You must be drinking the same Kool Aid as IBTT. When was the last time Ironton scored 28 points in the first half? Even further, when was the last time Burg gave up 28 in a REGULAR season game?

That's what I'm saying. I am not claiming Burg to be a Juggernaut, however they have a pretty stellar defense year in and year out as of late. Also Ironton scoring 28 in the first half? Come on.
What's the difference in saying that and saying the Burg is going to win 56-0 lol...

Return to “Football”