Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: WEEK 1 IRONTON @WHEELERSBURG -- YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by Mad-Dogg »

tobehonest wrote:Burg doesn't stand a chance , will get embarrassed at home
and then the stud cat fans wake up

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

Interesting. I could see a 4 team scrimmage but 3 teams? I take those results with a grain of salt, b/c that's an odd way to do a game. How can a team get into a rhythm only having to play one quarter and then have to sit out a quarter only to go back in? But whatever works for them?

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

hey doggie look me up Friday. I'm kinda hard to miss.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

85yards wrote:Interesting. I could see a 4 team scrimmage but 3 teams? I take those results with a grain of salt, b/c that's an odd way to do a game. How can a team get into a rhythm only having to play one quarter and then have to sit out a quarter only to go back in? But whatever works for them?
I believe it was so they could give the kids time to rehydrate to cut down on the cramps :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

YA'LL HAIN'T RIGHT.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

What ibtt is doing wrong is not looking at his team objectively. Pirate fans will tell you they have work to do. That doesn't mean they're not capable of winning the region because IMO they are.
Saying stuff like I doubt Russell leads in anything in the area stat wise is crazy. Their running back has had three 1000 yard seasons. I don't think burg or Ironton had one back reach that milestone last year.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Russell will beat Ironton again this year and Conley will be the leading rusher in the game. Maybe itbb will then see Russell lead in something lol?

My buddy watched the Ironton scrimmages, his son is on the team. His words were "Wests line destroyed ours. Isaac (Ironton QB) was running for his life". He said irontons defense was bad especially the tackling. He said westfall is having a down year. His report was Ironton scored on a couple of pass plays vs westfall and won 20-0. Then he said the varsity was beat 7-0 by west, then Jv was beat another 7-0 by west. By his report, west dominated irontons varsity in the trenches.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

But what you didn't see was 11 other players on the sideline for Ironton doing push-ups with chuck Norris getting game shape for the burg games.

Honestly I believe the Tigers will play very hard against the Pirates. Too much pride but I believe depth will overtake the Tigers. Burg scoring one late to seal the deal.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Buramgerdin wrote:Russell will beat Ironton again this year and Conley will be the leading rusher in the game. Maybe itbb will then see Russell lead in something lol?

My buddy watched the Ironton scrimmages, his son is on the team. His words were "Wests line destroyed ours. Isaac (Ironton QB) was running for his life". He said irontons defense was bad especially the tackling. He said westfall is having a down year. His report was Ironton scored on a couple of pass plays vs westfall and won 20-0. Then he said the varsity was beat 7-0 by west, then Jv was beat another 7-0 by west. By his report, west dominated irontons varsity in the trenches.
My opinion is keep listening to this tiger fan and I will be drinking my cool aid while watching that poor Ironton team upset your pirate ship Friday at your place. Burg on film looks to be the worst they have been in many years. Hopefully for your sake they were holding back. Ironton will have many of its injured back and ready to play tomorrow. We love being the underdog for once. It does feel good to have nothing to lose. Haha!!

And as far as doing push-ups on the sideline getting ready at the scrimmage, no that never happened, but all but one did dress and had their pads on prior to the game. They did get a good workout in during pregame.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
fred_flinstone wrote:IBTT a few posts back you said the starting fullback had a long run to start the west scrimmage and now you say that EVERY carry against west was from second team backs. It's amazing to me to think Ironton has 13 starters out when you can only play 11! That's my try a humor but that's kinda what it sounds like! so Irontons starters aren't getting reps in scrimmages is what you are saying and others say they look out of shape I'm sure they will all be in perfect game shape after just 4 more days of practice. Then you call somebody names and say you're going to report him for uneducated post, why? Bc his thoughts aren't as outlandish and unbelievable as yours? If anybody should be reported for unintelligent posts it would be none other than IBTT and I'm sure the rest of the posters would agree with that! I'm an OVC fan and I want to see Ironton do well but you make me want to cheer against them.
Truth :ugeek:

The truth is that the starting FB ran a 17 yard run to start the Westfall game. Only the backup backs were used during the West game (quarter) other than blocking and the rest of the westfall quarter. That is the truth. The other starting backs were on the sidelines for the whole two quarters. Most all that have responded must have not realized that there were three teams involved in the scrimmage. To run one play and break tackles and look good, then to have the coaching staff to play it smart and not show or even chance getting anyone hurt was smart. One reciever did make a nice big run on a reverse after a nice block by the fullback. As I mentioned earlier, Ironton does have good backups and these two will see some decent time coming in to bring in plays and for whatever else is needed. These two would definitely be starters on most high school squads and won't worry about playing time.

As far as the OVC poster, I am too a fan of our conference and do see it getting better, as it should continue to get better year after year. It's only my opinion that this season Ironton will be vastly improved from last year. Last year many OVC people got a taste of playing Ironton close. Ironton was really bad last year, compared to most Ironton teams since the 70s or even teams the last few years. This isn't last year's team at all. Not saying all OVC teams are bad, just that I don't see an OVC team other than Ironton and Portsmouth that look to be great this year. Portsmouth's team is still a little short on talent, as they have a very young team. They will still be good. Chesepeake might make it into the playoffs this year, as the Hornets might in division 6. They just don't look to be on the level of Ironton, Burg or Portsmouth. JMO.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Do you always talk out of both sides of your rear?

In one post, Ironton has "6-7 backs" that can start anywhere and then in the next post the "backups" are your excuse for losing to Portsmouth and West.

In the next post, Ironton " doesn't show anything" and only ran 4 plays is the excuse for why your team was pounded. Then you follow with a post talking about the reverse you ran and your receivers. Did you have any idea why so many people make fun of you?

Do you realize you are the only poster being made fun of?

I have seen Ironton and talked to several friends from Ironton that know the game and have kids that play. One person I talked to was a successful head coach that beat Lutz in the 90s. By all accounts, Ironton is not very good and are out of shape.

The retired head coach's quote was "Ironton used to be technicians, now their technique is nonexistent and they are sloppy". He said the LB play and secondary coverage was not good.

I will listen to the guys I know have a clue vs the guy that posted this same BS about Ironton last year and then of course talks out of the other side of his butt this year about how bad that team was last year.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Last year in week 8 the burg lost what might have been there best player and they did not miss a beat.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm just glad it's almost here. ready to watch them lace em up. and get a lil wild and see what happens.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I'm just glad it's almost here. ready to watch them lace em up. and get a lil wild and see what happens.
I think that's something we can all agree on

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Burg by 20.
The first half will be a game then Burg takes control in the 3rd quarter.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

IBTT sayeth "My opinion is keep listening to this tiger fan and I will be drinking my cool aid while watching that poor Ironton team upset your pirate ship Friday at your place. Burg on film looks to be the worst they have been in many years."

PirateBB now does sayeth "IBTT must have turned off the film before halftime. Burg won against a very good team 28-0 in the second half. Burg Varsity first team beat a very good Russell first team 21-10 overall, before ye second team came in."

PirateBB also now does sayeth "We shall see Friday night. Lots of checks being written by The IBTT. BURG will be ready. PirateBB does thinketh IBTT, that after Week 1 Burg and Week 2 Russell, ye Ole Ironton may just henceforth be 0-2."

HEAR YE, HEAR YE....THE BURG

inOVCsider
Riding the Bench

Post by inOVCsider »

I also think that the ovc is getting better but the bottom half appears very weak. I belive that is why people call it a weak conference. I might find you and say hi bait

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

12 pages...

105 hours til kickoff....

105 more hours of hearing about how dominant the Ironton Tigers are (from the sound of some people here, the greatest team ever assembled in the history of high school football)

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Anyone have a fast forward button for this week? I hope ironton is everything that ibtt says they are! Otherwise I'll have to wait and watch the buckeyes play to see a team that good. Heck they might not even be as good as the tigers this year. Any way, I'm just ready for some hs football! 48minutes of young men giving everything they have to win a game they love! Good luck to all teams as they start their season off! And most of all, good luck Pirates!

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Reason #7

Urban Meyer comes to watch irontons newest running back that transferred in weds that benches 700lbs and flies. That's right he flies because he has wings attached to his butt. :roll:

Return to “Football”