Wheelersburg Pirates 2016 Season

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Re: Wheelersburg Pirates 2016 Season

Post by a_c_m »

How did the scrimmage with Chillicothe go this morning?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg did a pretty decent job. Chillicothe has very low numbers plus they've had some other circumstances that has put them behind.

The teams ran 10 play series. Burg had a couple of scores while chilly i think put one in before they went to down and distance.

On down and distance burg moved the ball very well but had some penalties on the 1st offensive series. The burgs d held chilly, and on their second offensive series, they put one in. Chillicothe scored one during the jv

Burg seems to be looking at two QBs. Both had some great plays and then a few plays where they didn't execute well. Normal stuff for 1st scrimmage. Same with burgs offensive line. Some good and bad execution for the line. The coaching staff had a ton of lineman coming in and out so it looks like they are feeling players out.

Defensively the Burg is really good. It's one of the fastest to the ball I've seen. They didn't show as hard hitting as last year but man are they quick.

My grade B- but it looks like another good season for the Pirates.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Look like they could have a lot of depth, might not have any linemen going both ways, at least not full time.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Not worried at all about Ironton. Their defensive is a sieve. Pass coverage was turrible and the LBs can't find the ball.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Buramgerdin wrote:Not worried at all about Ironton. Their defensive is a sieve. Pass coverage was turrible and the LBs can't find the ball.
Lol :)

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

82 kids, impressive numbers

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

it wouldn't be a thread without the dogg throwin in the ole cal preps predictions so here it does

WK 1: Wheelersburg 35 Ironton 6
WK 2: Wheelersburg 62 Fairland 0
Wk 3: Wheelersburg 44 Portsmouth 6
WK 4: Wheelersburg 44 North College Hill 6
WK 5: Wheelersburg 27 Jackson 21
WK 6: Wheelersburg 42 Oak Hill 6
WK 7: Wheelersburg 42 Waverly 7
WK 8: Wheelersburg 42 Minford 3
WK 9: Wheelersburg 38 Valley 3
WK 10: Wheelersburg 42 Portsmouth West 3

Offense Scoring: 42 ppg
Defense Scoring: 6.1 ppg

just throwing this out there since it's a possible rematch. Coldwater 24 Wheelersburg 21

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

one wk away. time for the dogg to strike up the band. 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

But but but, IBTT said the burg kids are going to be terrified again of that defense. And the speed, oh my the speed. Burg just doesn't have the athletes Ironton does.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I'm anxious to see what Russell bring to the table. I know it's a jamboree... But I watched Russell last season against the kittens and they were some hard nose boys. Any info on the red devils this year? Expectations?

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

I have seen Russell. Conley at RB#4 is very capable. They have two other backs that are smaller and quick and you need to account for or they can hurt you. The QB #11 has a decent arm and he can also run. They will spread the field and throw underneath. A lot of screens and quick hitters. They are run first though.

The line was not that big, shorter kids. Especially the dline, not very big. The defense is a 4 man front and active but not real big.

They are very well coached.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Nice, thanks for the info

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

BurgGrad6 wrote:I'm anxious to see what Russell bring to the table. I know it's a jamboree... But I watched Russell last season against the kittens and they were some hard nose boys. Any info on the red devils this year? Expectations?
What time and where is the Russell jamboree game?

tobehonest
Waterboy

Post by tobehonest »

a_c_m wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:I'm anxious to see what Russell bring to the table. I know it's a jamboree... But I watched Russell last season against the kittens and they were some hard nose boys. Any info on the red devils this year? Expectations?
7 PM at Burg , this Friday

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

tobehonest wrote:
a_c_m wrote:
7 PM at Burg , this Friday
Thanks!

kodeman419
Waterboy

Post by kodeman419 »

wobycat wrote:Burg did a pretty decent job. Chillicothe has very low numbers plus they've had some other circumstances that has put them behind.

The teams ran 10 play series. Burg had a couple of scores while chilly i think put one in before they went to down and distance.

On down and distance burg moved the ball very well but had some penalties on the 1st offensive series. The burgs d held chilly, and on their second offensive series, they put one in. Chillicothe scored one during the jv

Burg seems to be looking at two QBs. Both had some great plays and then a few plays where they didn't execute well. Normal stuff for 1st scrimmage. Same with burgs offensive line. Some good and bad execution for the line. The coaching staff had a ton of lineman coming in and out so it looks like they are feeling players out.

Defensively the Burg is really good. It's one of the fastest to the ball I've seen. They didn't show as hard hitting as last year but man are they quick.

My grade B- but it looks like another good season for the Pirates.
thanks for the review. look forward to watching some game highlights when possible... in the mean time; heres a video from last nights scrimmage with defiance tinora. Wasn't able to be there but will be next Friday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jseg8zKOsc0

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kodeman

Here's a little synopsis from burgs second scrimmage. Burg faced about a division up school from Kentucky, the russel Red Devils.

Russell brought some physical play to the game and was a lot better look than Chillicothe. In particular they had a running back that played a lot like your #4 last year. He may have been a tad smaller but he was strong and elusive.

Offensively burg had trouble running between the tackles. They have practically a new line this year and we made some mistakes. Not getting off the ball, getting skinny, etc. The burg did pop a few big runs, one being a 69 qb run for a td. Both QBs played. One played slightly better but both had good and bads. The bright spot in the offense is the passing game. Receivers are getting open. Two overthrown balls cost burg two Tds.

Defensively burg was there all night except #4 was getting lose on some sweeps. Our strong safety isn't as good as last year. Pirates may have to look at their alignment or find someone who's strong enough to come into the box. The biggest concern was tackling and being physical. If they can remedy that they will be better.

If you're keeping track of starter scores, it was a 21-10 game in favor of burg.
My grade is probably going to be slightly better than maybe some other fans give them but that was a good team they played against.

B+

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Who do you guys think will be the starting QB? 12 or 4 any thoughts going into week 1

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

8332 Granite St wrote:Who do you guys think will be the starting QB? 12 or 4 any thoughts going into week 1
I think I'll leave that up to the coaches not sure that should be debated on here

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

That is a tough decision both or good not knocking neither of them. I did see 4 play some good secondary so he would have to play both ways maybe....Kyle Davis did it last year tho and was a beast on D.

Return to “Football”