Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: WEEK 1 IRONTON @WHEELERSBURG -- YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Buramgerdin wrote:ITBB has been dead on with his predictions over the years guys, Dead on the money.

Oh wait, that's right we heard this same stuff last year didn't we? And how did his predictions turn out last year? Teams were going to be terrified of that defense remember?
You simply astound me! I cannot remember lies & bulls-"t & who said it without research. 50 is not the new 40. 40 is the percent of my brain I left @ my high school job. Lmao!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

oops... Dbl post! There's my brain hard @ work.
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Abe Froman wrote:What is everyone's guess as to total turnout for this one?

It will be standing room only, but curious as to a prediction overall.
Ive yet to come upon a schedule for either team. For this year's season.

Will it be played on the hilltop

Or

Down in the flood zone?

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

IBTT wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:Yes it was only one score in Game 1, but it was a running clock in Game 11.

Best back in Atlanta, Georgia is a big statement, this boy sounds like the real deal. Ironton game always worries me, it was the game I picked on another thread that I said worried me most, rivalry games in Week 1 anything can happen.

So Burg better be ready to get after it, can't take anyone lightly, but we always prepare well. Looking forward to this one more and more now.
Ironton last year after about midway through the Russell game had numerous key injuries with two key players out for the season. By the time the playoffs came around, the Tigers had four or five with season ending injuries. With the Tigers barely having 30 kids out last season, backups were not there. The playoff game was actually not something many hoped for, but it was not a real shock. Burg is well coached throughout the whole school year. I respect the program. They are doing things right and getting better at their system every year. Sometimes chemistry happens and a team comes together. Ironton has a good group of talented kids who went out this year. Many of whom worked hard in the off season. The winning attitude is there. Now to see how they do when it's game time.
It's cyclical.
In 4 seasons someone else will be claiming river rat royalty!

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:
IBTT wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:Yes it was only one score in Game 1, but it was a running clock in Game 11.

Best back in Atlanta, Georgia is a big statement, this boy sounds like the real deal. Ironton game always worries me, it was the game I picked on another thread that I said worried me most, rivalry games in Week 1 anything can happen.

So Burg better be ready to get after it, can't take anyone lightly, but we always prepare well. Looking forward to this one more and more now.
Ironton last year after about midway through the Russell game had numerous key injuries with two key players out for the season. By the time the playoffs came around, the Tigers had four or five with season ending injuries. With the Tigers barely having 30 kids out last season, backups were not there. The playoff game was actually not something many hoped for, but it was not a real shock. Burg is well coached throughout the whole school year. I respect the program. They are doing things right and getting better at their system every year. Sometimes chemistry happens and a team comes together. Ironton has a good group of talented kids who went out this year. Many of whom worked hard in the off season. The winning attitude is there. Now to see how they do when it's game time.
It's cyclical.
In 4 seasons someone else will be claiming river rat royalty!
From the looks of the kids coming up through Ironton's system, if Ironton finds the way to win this season and next, Ironton will be the team to beat in southern Ohio for a long way to come. There is a ton of talent in the pipeline.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Reason number 4 that Ironton will beat the Burg. Ironton will have too many weapons!!!

Ironton this season will have 7 good running backs this season and three good receivers. Last season, Ironton was barely able to have enough kids to field a first string. This year they have a very good group of experienced skilled players. Most will be changed in and out throughout the ballgames and wont be dead come fourth quarter as they have for the last 6/7 years. This will also make it tougher for any team to key on any one back, as any one of those backs or receivers could be the man on any play.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg has a ton of skilled kids. Ironton had skilled kids last year. It comes down to all facets of the game. Burg has a pipeline.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

wobycat wrote:Burg has a ton of skilled kids. Ironton had skilled kids last year. It comes down to all facets of the game. Burg has a pipeline.
Ironton is much, much improved in skill positions over last season. Not only with ability, but with numbers. This will benefit the Tigers this season as not one back will be able to be keyed on.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Burg 3 Ironton 2
Final score

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

IBTT wrote:
wobycat wrote:Burg has a ton of skilled kids. Ironton had skilled kids last year. It comes down to all facets of the game. Burg has a pipeline.
Ironton is much, much improved in skill positions over last season. Not only with ability, but with numbers. This will benefit the Tigers this season as not one back will be able to be keyed on.
7 RBs? That will save on cramp timeouts. On a different note, Burg knows Irontons playbook. For Burg to not be able to key on anything, they will have to throw a wrench in there somewhere to keep them honest. If not, Burg will tee off. From the looks of the 7 on 7s, which holds little weight, The Burg secondary will be nasty. Not much success throwing the ball. If they can take away what little passing the Tigers have, they will pin their ears back fly to whomever gets the ball. But in the end IBTT, you are where I want to be. Living the dream in Florida.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

IBTT wrote:Reason number 4 that Ironton will beat the Burg. Ironton will have too many weapons!!!

Ironton this season will have 7 good running backs this season and three good receivers. Last season, Ironton was barely able to have enough kids to field a first string. This year they have a very good group of experienced skilled players. Most will be changed in and out throughout the ballgames and wont be dead come fourth quarter as they have for the last 6/7 years. This will also make it tougher for any team to key on any one back, as any one of those backs or receivers could be the man on any play.
Wow, 7 stud running backs.

A 7-headed monster backfield.

D1 athletes scattered throughout the field, line and everywhere.

Supersonic 4.4 speed.

This game has the makings of an instant classic.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Abe Froman wrote:
IBTT wrote:Reason number 4 that Ironton will beat the Burg. Ironton will have too many weapons!!!

Supersonic 4.4 speed.

Don't forget bookend tackles that are 6'7" 335 and the best back in the state.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

SOUNDS LIKE AN EXCITING FRIDAY NIGHT TO OLE BAIT.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

JTEK wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:

Supersonic 4.4 speed.

Don't forget bookend tackles that are 6'7" 335 and the best back in the state.
I'd say Webb is more like 6'5 275 and the other Kidd is about 6'6 310. My guess is that the bigger kid will only play Defense and Webb will play both ways

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

The heat that first game is usually very hard on those big boys, especially the ones going both ways. One of Ironton's key skill guys dominated the first quarter of play last year but he was gassed and pretty much disappeared after the first quarter.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Burg will be good, but not quite as good as last year.

Ironton will be BETTER than last year, but I still see this as a 14+pt margin....Burg wins.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Bleeding Red wrote:Burg will be good, but not quite as good as last year.

Ironton will be BETTER than last year, but I still see this as a 14+pt margin....Burg wins.
We have all heard that :roll:

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

JTEK wrote:Don't forget bookend tackles that are 6'7" 335 and the best back in the state.

Yes, my bad I forgot about the bookends, they are going to as I recall stop any defenses from penetrating the middle.

Good point.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

P(irate) wrote:

We have all heard that :roll:
Burgs has heard the last 3-4 years that that won't be as good as the previous year and I think the argument could be made that they might have gotten better each year.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg will be just as good

Return to “Football”